Where can I make a suggestion to the forum admins?

Ok, I'm hereby suggesting a new forum section related exclusively to sound effects and sound crafting, either through mic recording or through synthesizers. I think it would be cool also to handle all Foley sound there, where people can share sounds, sound editing techniques and how to handle oscillators to produce new sounds from scratch. I apologize if there is already a section handling such subject. If there is one, please tell which section is.

If my suggestion is considered, I will support it in any possible way within my reach. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

He meant right in here as in follow the link he posted:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/special-forums/bbs-audiofanzine-feedback/

Ok, I'm hereby suggesting a new forum section related exclusively to sound effects and sound crafting, either through mic recording or through synthesizers. I think it would be cool also to handle all Foley sound there, where people can share sounds, sound editing techniques and how to handle oscillators to produce new sounds from scratch. I apologize if there is already a section handling such subject. If there is one, please tell which section is.

If my suggestion is considered, I will support it in any possible way within my reach. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

But I think sound editing techniques would probably fall under the mixing forum, and producing new sounds from scratch would probably be in the synths forum and recording them would fall under recording techniques

:D

He meant right in here as in follow the link he posted:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/special-forums/bbs-audiofanzine-feedback/

But I think sound editing techniques would probably fall under the mixing forum, and producing new sounds from scratch would probably be in the synths forum and recording them would fall under recording techniques

:D

Oh my bad! I mistaken it by a signature!

Anyway, I see what yo mean. I made such suggestion because a Foley sound or a Sound FX can be either a mix, synthesize or even about a recording technique. It can actually use all three categories. For example, how to recreate the sound of an explosion? Where should I post?

Thanks.

It's a valid suggestion, but I doubt it would get enough traffic to warrant its own section. Whether it's music or sound effects, both follow a very similar process flow so it's probably best to post discussions under the section that pertains to the specific topic of foley; ie, recording of sound effects, mixing, synthezising sounds, etc.

Thanks!!

For example, how to recreate the sound of an explosion? Where should I post?
Thanks.

This forum would be a fine place to post such a topic :) besides even if you post something in this, the noob forum, that should be somewhere else, someone will probably let you know or even be kind enough to move it for you :)

I think having a forum section dedicated exclusively to sound FX / Foley would be a fine addition to this forum. I see that most of the population here at Home Recording are connect to music so I fully understand not having a category oriented towards sound FX. Please understand that I'm no where near criticizing the way the forum works nor "telling" how it should be. This is not my place to dictate rules. I'm just sharing with you how I feel when I try to post a sound FX related subject as I struggle with myself trying to figure out which section would be best for my subject.

I don't believe such category would run low on traffic. I know for instance that I would basically camp there, as would others who enjoy sound design.

Well, this my humble opinion, as we say in Portuguese: "it is worth what it is worth".

Thank you.

I think 'sound effects' and the like fit snugly in "recording techniques".

Even the sound FX of a sci-fi generator made completely with soundforge's synthesizer and mixed with a flanger / chorus effect? I just made one yesterday. No recording technique was required but experience and knowledge with sound Forge software.

Oh well, if the "Recording Technique" section is the right place for posting such related subjects, so be it.

I did a quick forum search on the word 'foley'. The first page of results, twenty-two threads, cover a period from Feb 2010 to now. While there is obviously some interest there, I agree with the others who suggest that there is not enough to warrant a separate forum.

If there was a forum for foley and SFX, it may not be as helpful as imagined. That's because the members who browse by forums of interest may not go there. For example, I would rarely go to the ProTools forum because I have no specific interest in Protools. However, I am always in the Recording Techniques forum.

The Recording Techniques enjoys a lot of traffic. By posting stuff there, you get responses from people specifically interested in foley, but also from people not necessarily interested, but are intrigued by the problem. And the evidence of this is in your own thread here:

https://homerecording.com/bbs/general-discussions/recording-techniques/recording-rain-methods-349961/

They are oh so knowledgeable and helpful....

Use Google. It's faster, friendlier, way smarter, and just... right.
I searched sound design forums and got many that branched to hundreds... There they will hang with you and get exited with you. It appears it's ten posts before they trust you here to post any links, so just gOOgle.

I searched sound design forums and got many that branched to hundreds... There they will hang with you and get exited with you. It appears it's ten posts before they trust you here to post any links, so just gOOgle.

It's an anti bot thing, not a trust issue, barcode...

And you are only one away from being able to post. Not that you seem to have any respect for the people that would like to help you here....

Learning is a two way street. Those who wish to fake learn everything immediately, and those who realize that it takes time to learn, while building relationships. You are off to a great start on one of these streets.

Google that, and enjoy you world of false information. Remember, anyone can post B******t. A friend, will steer you in the right direction.

I miss you already....

:)

Back