Where can I make a suggestion to the forum admins?

If no one makes room for sound design the chances of it "gaining popularity" or at least being noticed is reduced.
I'm not sure about that. If it hasn't gained in widespread popularity after almost 100 years of recording, I'm not sure we're going to bring about the revolution. It is just something that has never caught on widely. On forums like this, every now and again, something comes up about sound design/effects and the few that are interested get involved.
Proof of that is that you didn't know about the term 'Foley' before my thread.
Well, not really. I had never heard of the term itself but my interest in sound effects goes back to when I was but a lad, back in the 70s, things like the motorbike engines on songs like "Motorbikin'" by Chris Spedding and "The black eyed boys" by Paper Lace or the footsteps on the Rolling Stones' "We love you". I was doing my own primitive sound effects last century { I remember being on holiday in Ireland with my wife and we went to some place out in the country and I'd brought my 4 track and a mic with me just in case. As it turned out, I got directions to a farm, snuck in and got some great recordings of cows which I fed into a song called "Moo to you too !". On my way back to where my wife was, I was recording the crunch of my feet walking on stones when a dog came out, barked at me alot and chased me. I caught that too !}.
I was doing parallel compression and 'layering' of instruments years before I knew there were such terms.

Back