What's your Tascam product?

Just bought a US-428 for $26 from Music Go Round. I couldn't believe the price. They swear there's nothing wrong with it. We shall see. :D

Got this working with Reaper. It still has issues that the plugin author said have to do with Reaper's API. The Reaper developers blew off US-428 support a few years ago. Maybe I'll blow off Reaper and get Cubase. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll blow off Reaper and get Cubase. :rolleyes:

Or maybe not. I ditched the plugin and used a US-428 keymap I found on the Cockos forum to build an 8-track project template with full control of ReaEQ in each channel:

CHANNEL.jpg

It took a lot of mousing around in Reaper to create the first channel, but then I just saved it as a track template and copied it seven times.

DP-008. I love using it, it has lots of great features.

But, I already feel like I'm outgrowing it. I wish it had level sliders (including master left-right level sliders), and/or maybe more than two inputs.

Nowadays, I look at the DR-680 multi-track recorder, and just drool.

Oh well, since I'm only recording myself, I guess the DP-008 really is plenty. For now.

Outstanding! I have been a Teac / Tascam junkie for over 25 years. I have much of the same gear as in your pics. Gotta love the 388. Still looking for a 42b reel to reel, and need a Tascam ga-40 to complete my rack gear. Anyone got these for sale or trade, let me know. 313 418-0122.
C

Still looking for a 42b reel to reel,

Anyone got these for sale or trade, let me know
Well, I have a 42b. Had it for 7 years and never used it. Thinking about selling it if I can get what I paid for it. Almost mint. $350 And it comes with a matching Tascam roll around rackmount stand. If interested, shoot me a PM.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I recently acquired a Tascam Porta One. I unjammed the play/record heads and it has been awesome to play around with.

The only problem is...it won't fast-forward or reverse. I looked inside, but was unable to figure out how many belts it should actually have. Everything on the machine seems to work fine except for FF and reverse. Could this be a missing belt or maybe the motor for these functions is also jammed?

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and I recently acquired a Tascam Porta One. I unjammed the play/record heads and it has been awesome to play around with.

The only problem is...it won't fast-forward or reverse. I looked inside, but was unable to figure out how many belts it should actually have. Everything on the machine seems to work fine except for FF and reverse. Could this be a missing belt or maybe the motor for these functions is also jammed?

This thread is not for help with technical issues. Start a new thread for this and I'm sure you will find some helpful folks here. Thanks.

After a few trials and tribulations with Ebay purchases, I now have a few TEAC/Tascam products that actually work:

Tascam 424 Mk II
TEAC M-09 mixer
Tascam M-06 mixer
TEAC "Tascam Series" Model 1 rack mixer
Tascam PB-32P patchbay
Tascam PB-32H patchbay
Tascam PB-32W patchbay

And coming soon:

Tascam MM-1 mixer

Just bought a US-428 for $26 from Music Go Round. I couldn't believe the price. They swear there's nothing wrong with it. We shall see. :D

Just scored a PE-40 eq cheap! :D

I forgot to list the TEAC A-4300SX I bought a few months ago. And I have a 238 with remote on the way. It's wall-to-wall Tascam in here! :eek:

PortaStudio DP-01

I love that thing. They've gotten a bad rap but I think that's mostly because people crashed the harddrive but not shutting it down properly. Been using it for over five years now and I haven't had any problems. :)

Hi Guys,

Using the Famous DM-24 Mixer with MX2424 Recorder...Currently looking for the Firewire if-fw/dm Module - but it no longer is in production...Can anyone have this card they are willing to 'part with'???

Thanks

Tascam M3500 + M3700 + US2400 = SMC 9600 ;)

Tascam M3500 + M3700 + US2400 = 9600

I really needed the channel count and built this console to replace my Control 24 and some outboard.
Ended up as a 56/112 Channel, 8+8 bus, 6+6 aux, (Bus's & Aux's separate per side of console, but patched), US2400 embedded in it for DAW control, full meter bridges on both. Still in service, and more mods to come ;)

Here's some info on it:
tascamforums.com/index.php?showtopic=21787

IMAG0007.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Back