What's your Tascam product?

malcolm123

Since the forum is down, can we generate a list for a forum newbie like me who doesn't know what Tascam product people are using? I guess something like below :

Malcolm > Digital Console > TMD4000 > 4 years usage.

Son of Mixerman said:
I just bought a ATR60/16 and should be arriving early next month... does that count?

SoMm

Yeah SOMm,, it counts. Just trying to get a consensus as to whos out there. Mostly for support and questions people can ask others about their products since Tascam farted on it's customers.

Malcolm

-Everything Tascam analog,...

is either under my roof, or scheduled to be purchased, TBA.

I've done most my recording with the Tascam 244, 38/M30, 424mkII and 388. Currently, I've been experimenting with the 488mkII & 564, and there's lots of other Tascams I have that I've not put to proper use yet, TBD.;)

Last edited:
Hey! It's Ahmed from the Tapeop board. :) Hi Ahmed!

Mine's the 388 Studio 8 Ministudio.

And I love it! :D

In the past I've owned:

In that order.

TASCAM 244 and 246;
TASCAM 34B (on its way) :D

All ANALOG Baby! :D :cool: :)

Daniel

PS: I hope Dave (A Reel Person) don't see this thread 'cause .... well ..... you know .... LOL! :D :D :D :D (regulars on this board know what I mean ;) ).

I currently own and am using;

MS-16 - 16 track, 1 inch reel to reel
DX-8DS x 2 dbx type I noise reduction units
AQ-65 - 10 point auto-locater/remote
38 - 8 track, 1/2inch reel to reel
DX-4D x 2 - 8 channels of dbx type I noise reduction
RC-71 Remote control
M312B - 12x12x4x2x1 larger frame mixing consoles. 2 of them cascaded together.

I have owned and used in the past;

Portastudio 244
M-106
M208
M216
Teac A3340S

All the above analog and proud of it!:D

Cheers! :)

:D :D :D :D

424 porta

688 porta

2524 mixer

HD 40 headphone amp

DA-30 dat

DA-20ll dat

Da-38 MDM

302 cassette

32 open reel

2340 teac open reel

:D :D :D :D

da MUTT

246 (my baby)

238s syncaset

possibly a 788 (for kicks) in the near future,....they are so
friggin' inexpensive now.

I started out my homerec life on a 244 waaaaaay back.
I keep it around with the the excuse that it's handy as a spare mixer. In reality I just can't part with it. It would be like selling an old friend...

I have a Tascam 488 MkII and i used to practise on a 414mk II

I need a CD writer and am going to go for the Tascam CD-RW700 because its the cheapest. Why is the cheapest is what i need to know... is it reliable? good quality? would i be better saving up for something more expensive? Does anyone have any comments on the 700?

Cheers

The CDRW700 is a great unit, I'm sure,...

and I've seen it, but I can't quote features or specs.

However, have you seen or considered the just-released Tascam CC-222? From your other post, I believe you've seen it. It's a CDRW/Cassette combo all-in-one unit, that sports a variety of I/O, and EVEN TURNTABLE-RATED PHONO PREAMPS,... which is a boon to all you heads that want to transfer your old vinyl directly to CDR.

I'm NO Tascam CDRW expert, as I do all my wav recording onto PC, then create CDr's on my 'puter, with an HP CDRW burner. However, I think the CC-222 is a real winner of a combo unit, and I wouldn't surprise anyone here if I stated it was on my radar to procure a CC-222, sometime in the near future.

The CDRW700 is still a good unit, though, and what I gather about Tascam CDRW drives, is that they sport a lot of handy I/O and switchable features. Shop features very carefully.;)

Back