What's your Tascam product?

Tascam M3500 + M3700 + US2400 = 9600

I also have both the M3500 and the M3700. I was planning on using best parts from both to rebuild a single M3700 (there are a few knobs missing here and there and some scratched paint) but now you've got me thinking otherwise. I would need to find another full meter bridge though. I also have the balancing kits for both although I'm not 100% sure if I'll bother installing it yet.

I'm loving my M3700 right now! Haven't used it for tracking just yet but I have been using the mutes/faders to control Reaper via MIDI :D

BTW, I paid $550 for both the consoles and 2.5 balancing kits.

@Shorty, I have a spare balancing kit for outs if you're interested (the aforementioned 0.5 kit). Also, I know the manuals are hard to come by so if you need a pdf copy I have manuals for the M3500, M3700 and LA3500 ;)

Kris

Thanx Guys!

Keep in mind that though they look very similar, they are very different, and there is A LOT that IS NOT interchangeable.

Tascam sells the service manuals. I wanna say $55 ish for the 3500, and $75 ish for the 3700

Printed. Not available from Tascam in PDF.

Not exactly cheap, but they are complete and thorough, and worth every single penny.

Definitely boards with a lot of potential. I'm very happy with mine so far.

By the time I'm done, this thing is gonna be nuts. (If it's not already)

(Kris - looks like u were editing while I was typing this response)

Last edited:
Kris, I'd love a balancing kit
Also, even though I bought the manuals, the PDF's would be great also
shortyemcee AT gmail DOT com

Jones...... Dude, don't do it. Don't use the 1082. (MY OPINION)
At least get something with full faders (1082 faders are only 60mm and so automation resolution sucks)
Also, while you can flip control to sends, you can't flip them to faders, so have to adjust on pots.
Hahahha. And your signature rules! Love it!

I enjoy reading the posts - a trip down memory lane. Here's my Tascam lineup:

Portastudio 624
Midistudio 688 (a TANK!)
2 Tascam 38 RTR
1 Tascam TSR-8 RTR
1 Teac A3440 RTR
3 TMD-1000 mixers (two with the extra effects and TDIF card)
2 MA-AD8's
2 DA-88's
1 DA-38
1 US122
1 DA-30
1 DA-30 MKII
1 DA302
1 122 MKIII (cassette)

I think that's it. I primarily use a TM-D1000 through a pair of MOTU 2408 MKII's to interface to my computer and/or one of the DA-88's/38 - depending on my mood. MOst of this stuff I've accumulated over a couple of decades - and I just can't bear to part with any of it. Something fun about handling tape (or a tape cartridge)....

I'll play:

MSR 16 w/ remote
M3500
414 MKII Portastudio
112R MKII cassette
MX2424SE w/ RC2424 remote, IF-TD24 AND IF-AN24 cards

I recently purchased a Tascam 44B tape deck. I've had a 32-2B for a while now but I prefer to use the 42B since it has the ability to spool tape. Both tape decks are great and prosumer oriented.

bob

Last edited:
Hi everybody ;-)
I have the last Portastudio by Tascam- 424 mkIII and I'm very pleased. It's a compact, reliable and of high quality. Also it has many features and extras like 8 channel mixer with aux busses, dbx Noise Reduction, 2 tape speeds with pitch control(1 7/8 & 3 3/4), 3 point autolocator of tape and of course it's Analogue unit. :)

2488's, an original and a Neo. Also have a Model5 mixer given to me by a good friend. A classic piece of gear that helped revolutionize the personal recording world.

Rick

I have a DP-008, but for studio recording graduated to a 2488neo.

I can't bear to part with the little one, I just love it. It packs so many features into such a tiny 8-track recorder, I can take it anywhere for site recording.

Back