What's your Tascam product?

I have a DP-008, but for studio recording graduated to a 2488neo.

I can't bear to part with the little one, I just love it. It packs so many features into such a tiny 8-track recorder, I can take it anywhere for site recording.

I'm with MetroCenter. I recently bought the DP-24 (though I'm still just a beginner - the price was irresistible), but will hang on to the DP-008. In addition to its fairly well-known virtues, it (the DP-008) is proving to be a good portable teaching tool for my kids who are starting in on multitrack recording themselves.

So now I have the DP-008 and DP-24. Should serve this amateur recordist's needs for a good while, I suspect.

My Tascam stuff from first purchase through latest purchase:

Tascam 246 Portastudio: upgrade from my old Fostex X-15. Bought used from a friend for $400 in 1989.

Tascam RC-71 remote to go with the Portastudio.

Tascam 38 1/2" 8-track: gotten from another friend in 1992. Traded a Takamine guitar and $200 cash for the 38 and a Soundcraft 200 8-channel console.

Tascam DM-24: Bought this in April of this year. Took my Son to a museum and decided to check out my favorite pawn shop on the way. Talked them down to $350 from $450. Console is MINT. No lines on screen.

Tascam MU-24 meter bridge for DM-24: $230 on eBay

Tascam DA-38: 200-bucks on eBay. Perfect condition. Relatively low hours. Bought this to digitize my old drum tracks that a friend of mine laid down for me at another friends DA-88 based studio in the early 90s.

Tascam RC808 remote for DA-38: 50-bucks. New in box.

Tascam 112R: on the way, as I need just a basic cassette deck to transfer hundreds of live shows to the 'puter.

The 246 is temporarily out of action until my new idler tires show up. I managed to transfer about 35 4-track tapes in the past couple of months before the original ones gave up the ghost.

The 38 needed new a belt when I pulled it out of retirement recently. After I put it in, the machine ran just as perfectly as it always had. I've been able to digitize 6 reels of old Ampex so far. Thanks to Nesco for making a wonderful food dehydrator that cures sticky shed!! 10 more reels to go.....

I probably wouldn't have done anything with my old Tascam gear if I hadn't gotten that screaming nice deal on the DM-24. Now, all of my old analog multitrack stuff is going to hard-drive. I've also been transferring stuff for other folks, as well. No IF FW/DM, but I got a really good deal on a Motu 2408 with the card, so.....

Doing nothing but live audio for the past 20-years or so, I'd forgotten how much fun home recording can be! I've got a few local/regional musicians sniffin' around to do some basic tracking and demo'ing. :)

I just picked up my first Tascam products two weeks ago - a DM4800 with the MU1000 meter bridge and IF-FW/DM MKII firewire card.

I need more quality time with it to tap into all of its features, but so far, so good!

I have just bought a 2488 Neo, and I haven't got a clue about it.........yet. !!

Give me a week or so to understand how it all works etc.

Thanks

Teac 3340 (had quite a few of them)
Tascam porta studio(one of the originals dont remember model)
Tascam 22-2? Masterind deck at 15 IPS
Teac 2TK (several) at 15IPS SWEET!!
Tascam porta studio 424 SWEET !!
Tascam MSR24S SWEET!!
Tascam M-3500 (24x8x2)135LBS LOVE IT!!
Tascam 202 Mark II
Tascam(a lil cheap cassette 4 tk)
Tascam CDRW-5000
Tascam CDRW-700
Tascam DP-07
Im sure Im forgetting something !!!

My list:
Tascam 32 x 3 (1 donor, 2 working)
Tascam 42B
Tascam TSR-8 x 2
Tascam MS-16 (latest addition)
Tascam Midiizer MTS1000
Tascam MTS30

3440S
Model 2A
MB-20

An RC-88 has just been purchased for the 688 so I can control it from my vocal booth. Hoping to add a Model 5A mixer, 1/2" 8 track and 1/4" 2 track within the next 6 months.

Used to own a US-428 many years ago, and a Porta Two years before that.

Cheers, Ben.

Have been using all the following since 2001.

MSR-24 dbx 1" 24-track analog
Three DA-78HR's
CD-RW5000 Professional burner

tascam_msr-24_track.jpgdigital_recorders_rack_12.jpg

Back