What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
WoW!! What a read!! Just came in and already learning. I have heard some of these programs but sa few I havnt.
I see there are a few who use Reaper which came with the Home Recording course I purchased today.. Looks like it might be a very good program to move up to.

So for right now, staying within content of the thread, I am using Audacity and Reaper..

I'm using Logic right now because I'll be going to a production school in January and the two programs we'll be using are Logic and Pro Tools. Although Cubase is still my favorite!

I'm a Reaper newbie and I'm completely in love. Last night I copied an old 4-track tape onto it, and was really impressed with how easy it was to get all the tracks to line up with each other.

Currently have Audacity, Garage Band, and I am also trying out Reaper. Once I figure out which one I like best (as I am a n00b at recording anything), I'll lock that in... but it still falls under the "other" category.

Currently have Audacity, Garage Band, and I am also trying out Reaper. Once I figure out which one I like best (as I am a n00b at recording anything), I'll lock that in... but it still falls under the "other" category.
I love Audacity. It's free and you can't go wrong with that. However, as a DAW I find it more limited in some ways (though I did use it to record, mix, and export one song back in June. Mostly because I had a tight deadline and it was the DAW I was most familiar with). Right now I'm using it as an external editor with Reaper.

I've recently discovered Mixpad and the simplicity and straightforward, uncomplicated interface is really nice. If you like Audacity, check out Mixpad.

Magix Music Studio 2005 Deluxe
Bought it new in '05
It's pretty nice for the price I gave back then still seems pretty nice, but I am curious about their newer products.
As far as the appearance of the GUIs it looks very smooth and realistic. I've tried some vst plugins some work some don't.
not sure why, though. d-loaded a VU meter for kicks and the needle doesn't coincide with MMS2005D's peak meter or peak meters in the mixer nor
with the audio signal. Seems to act more like a toy visual than anything else, looks nice, just doesn't syncronize.

I'm using magix but I have a big problem some how when I record my vocals on a beat then when I hit play back the vocals are off beat by a couple seconds this problem started wen I upgraded to a newer version of magix and a new computer on the older version it was perfect I need help

I've just started recording some of my guitar music, all through a mac + garageband. I feel like this software is pretty powerful but somehow I'm not getting the most out of it

As I'm not a professional and I have this just for fun, I have Audacity (which is great, great product) and Acid Xpress 7.

I have Audacity to record and practice my guitar lessons, so I do have:

- Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio guitar
- VOX Tonelab ST multieffects pedal
- Tascam DR-03 for recording and playing at different speeds
- Behringer 502

And most important... I'm having lots of fun!!

As I'm not a professional, I have Audacity which is a great, great product; then I've got "The book of audacity" Amazon.com: The Book of Audacity: Record, Edit, Mix, and Master with the Free Audio Editor (9781593272708): Carla Schroder: Books which I recommend to anyone interested on having more than just a user manual.

I have Audacity to record and edit my rehearsals, so all my stuff consist of:

- Audacity
- Behringer 502
- Tascam DR-03
- VOX Tonelab ST
- Line 6 spider IV 15 amp
- Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio which is a great entry level guitar.

And most important of all... I'm having lots of fun!!

Back