What recording/mixing software are you using?

What recording software are you using?

• Sound Forge

Votes: 62 5.9%
  • N-Track

Votes: 32 3.0%
  • Ableton Live

Votes: 65 6.2%
  • Sonar Studio

Votes: 46 4.4%
  • Sonar Producer

Votes: 163 15.5%
  • Pro Tools

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • Cubase

Votes: 271 25.8%
  • Tracktion

Votes: 25 2.4%
  • Digital Performer

Votes: 21 2.0%
  • Logic Pro

Votes: 87 8.3%
  • Image Line

Votes: 24 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 333 31.7%

• Total voters
I started with Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and I am still using it. It does everything I need for what I do and works well with my older PC running XP.. Yep, you heard it, XP!!!! Since I'm a hobbiest recording my original material for my own enjoyment and not a professional there's no reason to change if it's not broken! I always been one that has been able to do "more with less" anyway. In the end it all comes down to how it sounds and not what fancy, expensive equipment you used in the process.

Cep2

Cool Edit Pro 2.0 - I've tried almost a dozen other audio editing software programs, and always come back to CEP2. It's like your favorite pair of jeans - comfortable, fun, and as versatile as you need/want them to be.

Last edited:
Reaper 4.22. I haven't really played with many others. I had been using Cool Edit Pro for a long time.

& Garageband when i am in Best Buy! HA!

Sonar X1 Producer Expanded - I did a course on audio engineering, Sonar easily handled everything I had to do and a lot more. I have never had any occasion to think about changing to anything else. I don't suggest that other DAWs are not as capable but I don't have any reason to consider them

Using Ardour 3 beta 4 on Ubuntu 12.10, which is a Linux OS. Works really well with great features for people starting out and also for experienced DAW users. Haven't had any problems with it at all so far.

Currently Reaper, but only because I'm reluctant to spent big money on anything that isn't Logic, and being on PC, that sucks.

Back