The Walking Dead

Last week's episode: why were Daryl and Rick so dumb? Why didn't one of them follow the truck in the car they used, rather than leave it there ('we'll come back for it')? Then leaving the keys in it? And not putting on a parking brake (not sure how it was actually in a position to back down into the lake, either). And why not try to tow it out of the lake right then?

Last night's episode - meh. Kill off the "Gregory" character and be done with it, looks like the new town doesn't have much for balls.

I'll give them credit for one thing - they're covering their bases with diversity. A country white chick and an asian dude? A white dude and a black chick? These things rarely happen in nature. It is a zombie show though, so crazy things have to happen.

My burning question continues to be this....why do they keep calling them "walkers"? This is supposedly all happening current day, right? If this were real, and this was happening currently, they'd already know the word "zombie" because it would have already been invented as an undead monster that eats human flesh way before this epidemic happened, and everyone would know to just call them zombies because that's what they are and everyone knows what a zombie is. I don't think I've ever heard anyone call them zombies.

Walking Dead... could have been Moaning Dead, or Ugly Dead, or Virus Meat Cannibal Monster World....
Salivating hasnt started yet.

Tossing in some bedroom bumping is new for the show...I wonder if the Walking Dead will start humping and breeding, Zombie sex. To maintain a # 1 slot is probably intense.

Maybe Rick will find a fetish for Walkers?

Attachments

• walking dead.jpeg
    walking dead.jpeg
    204.4 KB · Views: 2
Some of the groups they've come across call them 'biters' instead of walkers. "The Biting Dead" would be a pretty lame title!

tonight wasnt bad... a break from the zombie attacks. makes sense a few other dysfunctional groups/communities exist and are trading and killing each other. apocalyptic wasteland....

i could see running into a different mutation of the virus the CDC let loose....maybe the dead-walkers can run.

you think if a virus spreads it could go global pretty fast, citys would fall first.

has anyone gone to sea to escape the virus? can zombies drown or is the headshot the only known cure?

tonight wasnt bad... a break from the zombie attacks. makes sense a few other dysfunctional groups/communities exist and are trading and killing each other. apocalyptic wasteland....

i could see running into a different mutation of the virus the CDC let loose....maybe the dead-walkers can run.

you think if a virus spreads it could go global pretty fast, citys would fall first.

has anyone gone to sea to escape the virus? can zombies drown or is the headshot the only known cure?

They can't drown, but they can't swim either. Gotta destroy dat brain!

In the commercials for 'Fear of the Walking Dead' (season 2 starts in April) there were a few water/ocean scenes with zombies.

Last night's show - again how can they be so stupid? They go through the whole building complex, yet miss one guy and a motorcycle? And a camera/control system? And Maggie and Carol get captured so easily?

I thought that it was an effective episode. The whole point being to illustrate (yet again) how they're no different than their adversaries. Gotta kill to avoid being killed. It was pretty gut-wrenching to see them kill sleeping people in cold blood. I thought that it did a good job of making the audience feel conflicted about the "good" that's being done. It all felt pretty gross.

This week's episode at least showed us how Carol and Maggie got captured - they got out of it pretty well, too. Is Carol really going soft, or was it all an act?
Only 3 more episodes this season. We know we're going to meet 'Negan' (the guy with a barbed-wire-wrapped baseball bat) in the final episode, and at least one major character is going to get killed. But who? Odds are it's either Daryl or Glenn.

This week's episode at least showed us how Carol and Maggie got captured - they got out of it pretty well, too. Is Carol really going soft, or was it all an act?
Only 3 more episodes this season. We know we're going to meet 'Negan' (the guy with a barbed-wire-wrapped baseball bat) in the final episode, and at least one major character is going to get killed. But who? Odds are it's either Daryl or Glenn.

I enjoyed the last couple of episodes, they've been exciting and interesting (and conflicting). I don't think that Carol is necessarily going soft, but she's finally starting to reach her own point of conflict about the group's behavior. She's still a cold killer, but wiping out another group that was just trying to survive may have been her limit.

This is Norman Reedus' last season on the show, I figure that Negan (one of the people called Negan) will kill off Daryl.

Tadpui - evidently, from last night's show, Carol did go soft. Now Daryl's gonna go off to look for her and get killed by Negan to end the season.
Nice/lucky crossbow shot that got Denise! Loved the way she kept babbling on until she fell over.

Did Eugene bite the skinny guy's nuts?

AMC didn't add absolutely nothing new in this 6th season. The latest two episodes were so boring and I am not creating any great expectation for the season finale next week regardless they have said it will be an "over 1 hour episode". Ohhhh!

:yawn:

Maybe it's just me but the show seems to be VERY worn at this point. It used to be very exciting and unexpected in the first seasons but now I confess that I just keep watching it because I am used to. I think that it already passed the point of kill the main team (I have myself wished the Rick's death since a couple seasons ago) and give the show a totally fresh direction. Or maybe is just time to kill the show itself before it become publicly notorious a failure.

:rolleyes:

By the way, I have read somewhere that Andrew Lincoln is kind of sick (not a pun intended) of his role.

So did Daryl get blown away (blood spatter on the camera), or just wounded? We've been told we'd lose 1 major character this season, everyone's been pointing to Daryl because Norman Reedus has a new show. But Glen and Michone are tied up and captive, Rosalita and Abraham just got captured, Maggie's having a miscarriage (apparently), Carol went walking off through a field with a wounded guy after her and Morgan following them.
In the preview for next week we see one-eye Carl playing around with a gun. The only ones NOT set up to die are Rick and Eugene!

Daryl was wounded....I re-watched the end, it was his shoulder. The dude said "itll be ok" or something.

Why didnt he kill Daryl, he said last time he meant to with the bow and arrow?

Negan is actually a real person, although it's strange how his followers keep referring to themselves as Negan. I expect he'll be introduced in the final few minutes of the finale and end one of our characters with Lucille.

Back