The Walking Dead

AMC didn't add absolutely nothing new in this 6th season. The latest two episodes were so boring and I am not creating any great expectation for the season finale next week regardless they have said it will be an "over 1 hour episode". Ohhhh!

:yawn:

Maybe it's just me but the show seems to be VERY worn at this point. It used to be very exciting and unexpected in the first seasons but now I confess that I just keep watching it because I am used to. I think that it already passed the point of kill the main team (I have myself wished the Rick's death since a couple seasons ago) and give the show a totally fresh direction. Or maybe is just time to kill the show itself before it become publicly notorious a failure.

:rolleyes:

By the way, I have read somewhere that Andrew Lincoln is kind of sick (not a pun intended) of his role.

All of this ^^^^

The second half of this season has been straight up awesome for the most part, IMO! I would say it's the most solid half of a season they've put together overall. Except for this douche lol

vEInrrp.jpg

Somebody teach this guy how to hold a gun please! :laughings:

You know how a band is real good at first? Their first album or few albums are great, then they hit band middle age and they lose all of their fire. They got rich, try different things, start to suck, lose their focus, etc. This show is like a band on it's 6th or 7th album. Just a real bad shell of it's former self.

Personally I feel like that point was from Season 3/4 up until the end of Season 5. I think the real drag came when they decided to stretch out the Governor and his plot line for almost 2 whole season from 3-4. And then Season 5 was almost a complete waste with everyone just wandering around, split up into small groups, and the whole Beth kidnapped storyline (dumb af lol). That stuff was where they were trying all this new crap that just didn't work, but I think Season 6 has gone back to the basics, which is cool. The group is all back in one place, not much inner-group turmoil or flooding of side characters going on, just an "us versus them" against the Saviors, who are going to be a lot more badass than they have been shown to be. Plus Carl hasn't been shown much in this second half of 6, so yay for that.

Personally I feel like that point was from Season 3/4 up until the end of Season 5. I think the real drag came when they decided to stretch out the Governor and his plot line for almost 2 whole season from 3-4. And then Season 5 was almost a complete waste with everyone just wandering around, split up into small groups, and the whole Beth kidnapped storyline (dumb af lol). That stuff was where they were trying all this new crap that just didn't work, but I think Season 6 has gone back to the basics, which is cool. The group is all back in one place, not much inner-group turmoil or flooding of side characters going on, just an "us versus them" against the Saviors, who are going to be a lot more badass than they have been shown to be. Plus Carl hasn't been shown much in this second half of 6, so yay for that.

Yeah, I agree completely. That whole prolonged governor storyline period was kind of lame and even I feared the show was on a permanent decline, but for me season 6 has been one of the best of the whole series, so I'm still hooked. There's plenty of action, gore, and humor like in the past, and they aren't experimenting so much stylistically which I think has helped.

I fear that Darryl may get executed tonight. Or Abraham? Someone is getting a bat to the head anyway...

I fear that Darryl may get executed tonight. Or Abraham? Someone is getting a bat to the head anyway...

My money is on Daryl. Negan beating Daryl to death with a bat will completely suck and be sad as heck, but it's probably the best way to establish him as a severe threat to the group -- to just beat down one of the strongest, most capable characters on the show..

It's getting harder to care. How many of them have been taken prisoner this season due blundering into traps or not paying attention to what's happening around them? Badass survivors? They've been eat up with the stupids.

It's getting harder to care. How many of them have been taken prisoner this season due blundering into traps or not paying attention to what's happening around them? Badass survivors? They've been eat up with the stupids.

Lol. I knew there had to be something in this universe that we could agree on.

Yeah, so what happens - they ALL get caught!

And now we have to wait until next season to find out who got killed? I can't believe they didn't at least give us one shot to show us who. I think it was Daryl, he was already wounded and has his own show on AMC starting soon.

Ugh, almost that entire finale was filler. The needlessly added Carol/Morgan storyline just added more bloat to it.

Let's get Maggie to help, we'll go this way! Uh oh, we can't go that way. Let's go a different way. Dang, can't go that way either. I know, we'll try something completely different and go a third way! Oh no! We're all screwed! That could've been about 10 minutes of runtime. And Negan's endless monologue...he lost me at "pee pee pants". Freaking weak sauce, writers.

How did the Saviors go from rag-tag band of incompetent hooligans to a highly skilled and coordinated army of soldiers, in just a couple of episodes? AND WHERE IS THE FUCKING ROCKET LAUNCHER? that first encounter could've just been BOOM done. Smoldering boots on the pavement, merrily drive Maggie to safety.

I thought that this season had some of the coolest, most interesting moments ever in the series. As a whole, I think it was one of the best. But that finale was garbage.

Last edited:
Captured again--Carol by some dude she shot once already, and the rest of the gang by--well, you know. I may be off this show. Ask me again in October... ;)

Wait - don't forget we got two new characters showing up - 'knights in (Kevlar) armor' - to save the day for Carol and Morgan.

Sucky, boring, drawn out episode, as usual, but please oh please let it be Carl that got his head caved in.

Online comic book losers are saying it's Glenn, per the comics themselves, and I'd be okay with that too.

Sucky, boring, drawn out episode, as usual, but please oh please let it be Carl that got his head caved in.

Online comic book losers are saying it's Glenn, per the comics themselves, and I'd be okay with that too.

Got my fingers crossed that it's Rosita.

Wait, who the fuck is rosita?

Lol. Exactly.

She's the Hispanic chick that Abraham just dumped to get with Sasha. I just feel like she's the least interesting character in that line up. It would be really ironic after all the hype and build up if it was her. Not much chance of that I guess.

Lol. Exactly.

She's the Hispanic chick that Abraham just dumped to get with Sasha. I just feel like she's the least interesting character in that line up. It would be really ironic after all the hype and build up if it was her. Not much chance of that I guess.

Oh yeah! Lol. I never actually knew her name. The gay dude would be a funny let down too. He's maybe even more meaningless to the show than rosita is.

Back