Siefer or Cloneboy

• Siefer

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • Cloneboy

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HangDawg said:
You don't care? Isn't this a paying CLIENT. I wonder what your clients would think if they heard you think it's half assed and you don't care and are not ging to put any effort into it? Real professional you are.

That would be true except that we're not even done tracking the vocals, much less actually spent time to mix the song. I ran to the studio, threw up a quick mix, took it home and threw on a crappy master.

Mach5 said:
Maybe I am crazy.. but I think my recording and my mix blow Cloneboy's out of the water (aside from the loud hi-hats that should have come down).
Those hats don't seem obnoxiously loud to me, but then I just got finished listening to cloneboy's, which peeled my eyebrows off my forehead, so my frame of reference could be way off. Yeah, his mix has plenty of "presence" all right, lol.

Anyway, I guess it's a pro thing, Mach 5...your mix sounds better to me than the admittedly half-assed effort that CB put up. You've got a hump in the low end though that I think might be a bigger sonic issue than anything going on in the top end. I dunno'...Bruce knows his stuff, but I wouldn't lose any sleep over cloneboy's slam.

Admittedly the mp3 rip did some nasty things to the high end. My crappy mastering didn't help things either. I never claimed to be a mastering guru--I have someone else that handles that for me locally.

::shrug::

I still haven't heard Siefy boy's contribution yet.

Amazingly, my shitty mixes still own over the likes of Noisedude and Jake-Owa.

Ew, your guitars are boxy and crappy. Your cymbals are the loudest thing in the mix. The whole thing sounds like it's inside a box, except the vocals which sound like they are outside.

You are deaf my friend.

The self-proclaimed winner. :rolleyes:

You really think that beats this mix??

This aint even a mix yet and it kills that song in everyway. Of course, writing and playing on it shouldn't count for more but when it's all said and done....MAN YOUR GUITARS SOUND LIKE SHIT!

Cloneboy Studio said:
Admittedly the mp3 rip did some nasty things to the high end. My crappy mastering didn't help things either..
Nice boat of excuses you are tooling along in.

Wait till I go into mix phase with the album.

Man, Cowboywhore you started this big ass contest to show your Eballs off to teh world and you fell so sadly flat on your face my'man.

Sucks to be you.

jake-owa said:
You really think that beats this mix??

This aint even a mix yet and it kills that song in everyway. Of course, writing and playing on it shouldn't count for more but when it's all said and done....MAN YOUR GUITARS SOUND LIKE SHIT!

Except you didn't record that, you only sang on it. :rolleyes:

Nice try.

Piss poor doubles on the vocals--sounds like a bad chorus. Wait--that must be the autotune. I guess my drums could sound "great" like yours (oh, I mean whoever recorded this) if I used DFH like they do. Maybe I should just use Ampfarm next time, eh? Bad definition on the bass... and did I mention the wretched vocals?

I may record less-than-stellar musicians, but at least I'm not one myself.

If it's okay to bring in old projects I'll bring this:

Unlike the other mix, I actually spent some time on it.

Although this 16 year old kid can't sing for shit, my production makes him sound a whole hell of a lot better than your sorry ass. I didn't even autotune him...

Cloneboy Studio said:
Except you didn't record that, you only sang on it. :rolleyes:

Nice try.

Piss poor doubles on the vocals--sounds like a bad chorus. I guess my drums could sound "great" like yours (oh, I mean whoever recorded this) if I used DFH like they do. Maybe I should just use Ampfarm next time, eh? Bad definition on the bass... and did I mention the wretched vocals?

I may record less-than-stellar musicians, but at least I'm not one myself.

What about your client Sam? Isn't that who you said you were bringing? Where's that mix?

If it's okay to bring in old projects I'll bring this:

Unlike the other mix, I actually spent some time on it.
No, actually, this was a real drum set I did help record. There's no actual mix but I was there for every bit of the tracking pushing buttons and moving mics around as well.

Face it man, you are pathetic as a paid engineer.

jake-owa said:
No, actually, this was a real drum set I did help record. There's no actual mix but I was there for every bit of the tracking pushing buttons and moving mics around as well.

Gee, so if my 8 year old son was in a room with Steve Albini he could take credit for that engineering too?

While I may or may not be a shitty engineer at least I get paid to do it and post only my own work.

Face it, you are a fake and your only purpose in life is to drag people down.

No you dumb ass it is a group effort.

Don't make me get my daddy in here to kick your ass.

Just for you I will mix it all alone and post the version here for you big boy.

cloneboy, you started this whole thing and then post a mix you've not even bothered to do properly so that you can hide behind "I just couldn't be bothered".

what was a pointless exercise has just got even more pointless

Maybe you'd better get your daddy to record it for you.

After all, why don't you actually record something and mix that?

Anyone who's ever spent a day in the life knows that the *real* engineering occurs before RECORD is ever pressed....

Anything you post is just riding on your buddy's coat tails.

See--dingleberries like you will never understand that successful audio engineering isn't necessarily about "sounding great." It's about satisfying your customer's wants within their budget and talent (or lack thereof).

Any tool can record themselves and make it sound good these days with all the sample replacment (that clients usually don't want), direct guitar recording (which clients won't use), and unlimited hours (which clients cannot afford).

Don't forget--sometimes the customers want stuff that just doesn't sound that good.

If you ever made a dime in recording you'd already know this.

I'll take the hit for my mix. It sucked (actually the master is what really sucked).

At least nobody held my hand or had to play wet nurse for me to do it.

So Jakey, when are you gonna get off the tit and stand on your own two feet?

I've heard jake's songs for years...he could pretty much throw a dart at a list of the songs he's recorded in the last 3 years and bury any effort I've heard from you, cloneboy. I'm not flaming, and I'm not bitter about anything...I'm pretty honest, though. Jake doesn't need anybody's help (like I do), and while I didn't think it was possible for you to make a bigger ass of yourself, you've just done it. Perhaps your original idea of retreating from the mp3 clinic was a good idea...or you can just keep digging; it's fun to watch.

Cloneboy Studio said:
Any tool can record themselves and make it sound good these days with all the sample replacment (that clients usually don't want), direct guitar recording (which clients won't use)

Thats a bit of a blanket statement.

Often times clients have the talent, but not the gear to match.
These replacement and DI tools are used on a regular basis in my studio, and in many others around my local area.

Well, when I actually finally evaluated the mixes and voted for Seifer I said to myself seeing the results for the first time...WOW, people actually voted for Cloneboy? Well, I guess there were quite a few votes that came in before the mixes were posted.

Back