The New Tone Thread

Lol. My dad is interested in guns. He's not a guntard, but he likes pistols. I got my concealed carry license a while back so I bought myself a 1911 model 45. It's a cannon, an not easy to conceal, but it's my walking around gun and my ONLY gun. I'm not a gun guy. But in today's climate in the US and me always being out in shady places late at night, I just like having it. So he bought me a few bullets. :laughings:

That's a nice bass. I'm not crazy about the Beatles bass, but I love a short scale bass and those Beatle basses sound nice and plucky. Pretty cool. Let's hear it!

I got an ipad which I'll be needing when I upgrade my soundboard (to a Mackie DL 32R, which should be in a few months). I also purchased an app called OnSong. Really nice app that lets you organize your songs. It displays tab, you can change keys, has words, you can program it to scroll, you can beam or email setlists to band mates, you can add notes to songs. It's a fantastic practice tool. I was very impressed. Anyone else use this? Other than that, just waiting for my SG to get assembled (hopefully in the next 2 weeks) and my bouzouki to get repaired (early February).

I bought myself a StayTrem for my Jazzmaster. It's a replacement ferrule and trem bar that stays put when you let go of it, instead of swinging around loosely. It's a cool little upgrade, and can be easily undone to keep the instrument all-original if need be. Of course when I put it back together and restrung the guitar, the action was all goofy (can't quite explain that). Now I've gotta decide if I'm brave enough to tweak a 50-year-old truss rod.

Oh, and my wife got me an alto saxophone! Actually she rented it like you'd do for a school band student. Rent-to-own, just to see if I stick with it. Pretty damn awesome though, I've been making horrid goose-murder sounds for the last few days. Actually I'm picking it up fairly well, considering I've never played one and haven't played a reed instrument since I was 12 or 13. Today I tackle the challenge of "3 Blind Mice", and see if I can finally play through that damn dreidle song without messing up. Gotta start somewhere...

Good to hear about merry Christmases all around, tone fellas!

Yeah, I just saw that a minute ago. I immediately thought of you. Big bummer man. He lived one helluva life though!

New cheapie short scale bass.
1st three bits are DI & next three are with a Senn e60 something mic on my Eton box after a Jade ss amp.
1st in each set is with bass switch on, 2nd is with treble switch - both coupled with rhythm switch 3rd is with just the solo switch.

Lemmy dead?
Really?
He seemed indestructible.
He's certainly irreplaceable.
Stevie Wright of Australian band The Easybeats, (best known in UK & US for Friday On My Mind), died yesterday at 68 - after a hard life with drug & alcohol damage PLUS long term damage from the infamous Chelmsford Deep Sleep Therapy in the early 70s. He'd been clean for the last 20 years but when the damage has been done it's been done.

I mean it's not like he was cut down in his prime, but it still sucks real bad. It's fucking Lemmy. I'd say he was the most beloved figure left in rock and roll. No one didn't like Lemmy.

R.I.P. Lemmy.

The world expected his heart to give out with all the upper reinforcement. To go from an aggressive cancer with just a couple of days notice - wow.
Iggy's too straight these days - I bet he eats macrobiotic food, (then again getting sorted doesn't always work - Stevie Wright is a perfect example of that).

New cheapie short scale bass.
1st three bits are DI & next three are with a Senn e60 something mic on my Eton box after a Jade ss amp.
1st in each set is with bass switch on, 2nd is with treble switch - both coupled with rhythm switch 3rd is with just the solo switch.
Wow, cool. Plucky. It sounds like it has a phasey effect. Is that just how that bass sounds somehow?

So did any of yall get any nice guitars or guitar accessories for christmas?

I got a Tone Bakery Creme Bulee pedal. Stupid name but a pretty good pedal. Supposed to emulate a Klon.
Don't know how close it comes, but don't really care. It's a good pedal on it's own merits. Quiet too!

So did any of yall get any nice guitars or guitar accessories for christmas?

gibby_firechicken.jpg

I have been coveting just such a guitar for over 20 years. The tone is right in between an SG and a LP. Insane sustain and those minis have a great bite to them. My fingers are killing me. It's a beautiful thing.

Ooooh nice Firebird.

I love 'em ..... I, of course :rolleyes: , had an original one ...... have always regretted snorting it up.

Congrats man ..... that's a beauty.

Thanks guys. She has a loving home.

Oh man, Bob that sucks. I have learned never to sell a guitar even if it seems like a good idea. I have bought and sold a few over the years and at one point or another, I inevitably regret letting them go.

Oh man, Bob that sucks. I have learned never to sell a guitar even if it seems like a good idea. I have bought and sold a few over the years and at one point or another,
lol .... prolly a couple hundred of them including one worth a half million nowadays and three that would go for 6 figures ....... ah well, got lots of blow and hookers so i guess it was a good trade. :D

Most I would want back just to sell at today's silly prices but I really would like the Firebird back to play ...... it sounded awesome.
Actually I had 3 ..... 2 like yours and a non-reverse too that someone had put a leather pickguard on.

I'd also like a couple of my pauls back and that Trini Lopez ...... ce' la' vie.

Back