The New Tone Thread

I like the looks, but I don't think I've ever held one. Don't see em often down here.

I played on one a couple of weeks ago in a shop, not a top spec one, but one about 700 quid. It was really nice. Light and comfortable and something a little bit different. Its probably what I'll go for as a 2nd guitar when I've sold off a bunch of other guitars (which aren't fucking selling right now).

Hang in there bro. It's dicey!

Merry Christmas to you and the little missus. When yall coming back down here?

Very Dicey. Might be back down there when the Sister in law hatches this next child in a few months. Assuming i have the funds and resources to get us down there.

In other news i might be renting a drum kit to try and learn to play drums. I want an acoustic kit, but i might have to settle for an ekit. We shall see. More to follow.

My 2016 resolution is to be more active. I dont want ot run or be a gym bro so i figure i can kill two birds with one stone and get a good cardio trying to play fast drums. Maybe? hows that line of thinking work for you guys? HaHa

Very Dicey. Might be back down there when the Sister in law hatches this next child in a few months. Assuming i have the funds and resources to get us down there.

In other news i might be renting a drum kit to try and learn to play drums. I want an acoustic kit, but i might have to settle for an ekit. We shall see. More to follow.

My 2016 resolution is to be more active. I dont want ot run or be a gym bro so i figure i can kill two birds with one stone and get a good cardio trying to play fast drums. Maybe? hows that line of thinking work for you guys? HaHa

Lol. It might wear you out at first. So sure, go balls deep. As you build up stamina it becomes nothing. I can drum hours and hours of blazing punk rock fire and not even breathe hard. Not because I'm super good, but because I'm just used to it.

I had one dumbass on this forum a while back tell me that standing and playing his coma-tempo blues crap on guitar is harder physical work than drumming. Lol. Lol. Lol. His reasoning was that a guitar players stands, and a drummer sits, so guitar must be harder. He was also about 500 pounds and breaks a sweat just trying to breathe, so.......

Lol. It might wear you out at first. So sure, go balls deep. As you build up stamina it becomes nothing. I can drum hours and hours of blazing punk rock fire and not even breathe hard. Not because I'm super good, but because I'm just used to it.

I had one dumbass on this forum a while back tell me that standing and playing his coma-tempo blues crap on guitar is harder physical work than drumming. Lol. Lol. Lol. His reasoning was that a guitar players stands, and a drummer sits, so guitar must be harder. He was also about 500 pounds and breaks a sweat just trying to breathe, so.......

HAHAHA!!!! Brilliant. Sound Logic right there. I mostly just need something to get my heart rate up. Walking the dog and shovelling snow ain't cutting it. I figure trying to learn something new at the same times is probably more "time sensible" Anyways i am outta here for the day. Family coming for games and drinks T minus 6 hours.

Merry Christmas Tone Threaders!!!!!! I've been away again for a few days, but I'll be around for the next few....Still using the ampsims, but getting frustrated with 'em, they do pretty good, but for the life of me, I can't get 'em to have the 3-d quality a real mic has....Probably never will, so I'll just have to re-amp my tracks......

Hope everyone's had a good holiday!!!!!!

Do you like the Yamaha SG2000?

It's the one guitar I'd add to my collection. I built myself my own clone but it has a bolt-on neck. Sounds spot on though as it has the right pickups. An original 70s/80s tobacco sunburst is on my wish list.

Attachments

• gobshite crop.jpg
    gobshite crop.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 39
I did!
I had a gig on Christmas eve and a 7 hour gig yesterday!!

:)
That is pretty cool Bob....back when I gigged, we always made quite a bit of $$$ for holiday parties, & were usually really busy with 'em....

No toans from me this go-round, but I should have a few in a few days, I'm actually finishing up a few songs believe it or not...:eek:, and I'll post 'em up...

That is pretty cool Bob....back when I gigged, we always made quite a bit of $$$ for holiday parties, & were usually really busy with 'em....

50 bucks an hour is what I charge .... 4 hour minimum .... and I'll usually pull around another $100 in tips.
Not great money but a lot better than most local musicians get.

It was very Christmas-centric ..... I was Bing Crosby singing every Christmas song you ever heard ...... "Silver side walks .... busy sidewalks ... dressed in holiday style ..... buh buh buh boo boo " ..... and then soloing over it for 10 verses ....
:D

50 bucks an hour is what I charge .... 4 hour minimum .... and I'll usually pull around another $100 in tips.
Not great money but a lot better than most local musicians get.

It was very Christmas-centric ..... I was Bing Crosby singing every Christmas song you ever heard ...... "Silver side walks .... busy sidewalks ... dressed in holiday style ..... buh buh buh boo boo " ..... and then soloing over it for 10 verses ....
:D
That's cool man, we used to charge $50/night per band member, came out to $250/night total, but for the holiday stuff, we'd usually get a lot more. I remember the last New Year's party we played, we got $500/each. That was New Year's Eve 2000 (changing to '01), so it's been almost 15 years since I've played a gig...Damn, I didn't realize it'd been that long...

Cool stuff Bob, I've said it time & time again, but you're living the dream dude...:thumbs up:

nah .... not here .... though I may get a Guitar Fetish something or other .... they have some good deals right now.

Deb and I will give ourselves a new 55" tv .... our old projector looks like everything is on mars ( mostly red color) :D

nah .... not here .... though I may get a Guitar Fetish something or other .... they have some good deals right now.

Deb and I will give ourselves a new 55" tv .... our old projector looks like everything is on mars ( mostly red color) :D

Lol. Nice.

I'm seriously thinking of throwing a P-90 in my SG that has the minihums in it. I like those minis a lot, but a P-90 fits right in there too.

I didn't get anything guitar related, but I did get a real nice drum hardware gig bag. It's beefy. My old one is battered and tattered.

750 rounds - because he figures it takes a couple of dozen to hit a target? That's a powerful pile of powderworks!
Xmas - My wife bought me another bass - a Hofner knock off - but it's short scale so VERY easy to play. Has vol knob for each PU and three switches SOLO BASS and TREBLE. Sounds OK through my 15" + (haven't measured it where does one measure a speaker?) Etone box and JADE 80w amp. Haven't had a chance to push it through the Superbass. Being short scale I'll leave it un-boxed and on the stand as a reach for. 2 or 3 years ago she bought me an acoustic bass. I think she forgets what & when.bixbt bass.jpg

Back