Play two instruments at once? Not in this day and age.

Same guy took his Finalizer question to recording.org. Guess what happened?

Weird. I would have expected him to be much less um...something other than what he was here. :)

It would seem weird for a troll to go out of their way on two forums. Maybe this guy is just that hard headed and looking for someone to agree with him??? Or he has not figured out how to explain what it is he is looking for.

Either way, it is going to be tough to find help with his almost immediate negative response from anyone asking questions. I am still intrigued by him...

Oh, and I will be in Boulder next week. Things got delayed due to the cold crap. I will be contacting you. :)

Last edited:
So I'm about 99% sure that the OP was trying to say he wanted to "split" the keyboard like you can do on some keyboards. Like the bottom two octaves are playing something like a trumpet for instance, and then the next two octaves are like bells or something for example. If you're good you can play a trumpet line and some soft bells in the background with each hand. That's a pretty horrid example but I think that was the idea behind the madness. Does that make sense to everyone?

No, but nothing else makes sense either...

Hello,

So I'm about 99% sure that the OP was trying to say he wanted to "split" the keyboard like you can do on some keyboards. Like the bottom two octaves are playing something like a trumpet for instance, and then the next two octaves are like bells or something for example. If you're good you can play a trumpet line and some soft bells in the background with each hand. That's a pretty horrid example but I think that was the idea behind the madness. Does that make sense to everyone?

As simple as that... then he only needs a good VST like HALion 5 or HALion Sonic :P
Yes, I know there are many other good VSTs
I would love to read that thread if anyone could post the link.

Best regards,
GN

So I just checked. If he meant split the keyboard up so the lower octave can be played on a different instrument than the higher octave...

Yes you can most certainly do that as well in cubase using the new halion sonic SE 2.

What you do is load an instrument in slot 1. Go to the midi tab and limit it to the range you want on the keyboard. The dead keys will gray out as you are limiting the playable area.

Then load another different instrument in slot 2 and limit that to all the keys that are grayed out on the instrument in slot 1.

Viola, you don't even need a fancy keyboard to do it.

So again, cubase can/could do what he wants.

I will try that tomorrow. If it doesn't work I will be back and people will die.
Up until this point, it was borderline whether or not John Jones was messing around or serious. From the last sentence, it was a clincher ~ "Johnny" was having some fun and wasting time that one can never get back !

Banning hell! An exocution would have been more appropriate! LOL! Looking back, it's easy now to see that no adult could be that fucking stupid! What kind of an asshole derives pleasure perpetrating that kind of bullshit?

Banning hell! An exocution would have been more appropriate! LOL! Looking back, it's easy now to see that no adult could be that fucking stupid! What kind of an asshole derives pleasure perpetrating that kind of bullshit?

Easy there man, chill... It may have been just a creative troll, or someone who just had a hard time explaining himself. Either way, no need to get worked up about it. That is why we take a time out now and again. :)

Mods are here to 'Moderate'. Whatever that means. lol! Just trying to keep the peace from all ends, and meanwhile be a part of the community. Sometimes there are members who take things outside of what this site is about.

I personally only care that new members do not have to see so much arrogant BS or false information that some threads allow. Noob thread and the Cubase thread are the most tame.

This one was quite redundant. The member showed a complete disregard for competent responses. That is why he is taking some time off. No need to bash him while he in 'Time Out'. :)

Back