Play two instruments at once? Not in this day and age.

I un-banned him.

I wish to find out what his issue was. I find it quite intriguing. Kind of like passing by a bad car accident. I want to know that he is ok, even if he came across poorly.

I've been thinking, and I can't actually think of a circumstance where you'd actually need to play two at once live - because for recording purposes, you'd just record one track, then duplicate it - which I do often. I play live lots, but wouldn't want to use cubase for this - and even then I can't really see the point in layering sounds this way. We've been able to do it with MIDI instruments for years and it's always been a real faff, going from programme to programme, setting zones and stuff. I've always just used multiple keyboards!

I recorded a band who wanted to track the pad strings as well as a piano at the same time.

I did exactly what I showed in that video only I used Kontakt player as the VST instrument. He said it couldn't be done with steinberg plugs so I demonstrated with Steinberg plugs.

I can only assume that layering of voices is the intent. I don't see why anyone would wish to do that at the same time, but that is not for me to judge. I only want to find out why it is so important for the OP, and maybe learn which school he is attending. :)

It would be nice to hear that he learned something as well. I am learning something now myself.

Guys.. He's messing with you.

Nevertheless, this thread goes to show what an amazing bunch of people dwell in this forum. The patience shown here is worthy of a fucking Nobel prize.

It also shows how way too often this place attracts fucking idiots.

Hello,

Yes, I also wanted to know what he was really trying to do, in case he was not just a troll and just some frustrated user...

Perhaps he was trying to audition two different sounds from his Keyboard, and not virtual instruments from Cubase.
Like I used to do with the Motif which was the sound back and it played back the sounds and then I recorded them into Cubase as audio but I was playing 16 different channels... that can be a tricky set up.

Anyway... we will never know now. :-/

Cheers everyone,
GN

That was plain weird! LOL! The guy was just not getting it and was convinced that people were trying to fuck with him. Paranoia, big destroyer! ~Kinks

Perhaps he was trying to audition two different sounds from his Keyboard, and not virtual instruments from Cubase.

That's kind of where my thoughts were heading. If, for example, the keyboard was not multi-timbral, I could imagine having that kind of problem.

So I'm about 99% sure that the OP was trying to say he wanted to "split" the keyboard like you can do on some keyboards. Like the bottom two octaves are playing something like a trumpet for instance, and then the next two octaves are like bells or something for example. If you're good you can play a trumpet line and some soft bells in the background with each hand. That's a pretty horrid example but I think that was the idea behind the madness. Does that make sense to everyone?

Back