Oh God Enuff Kanye West!!!

jdizzel said:
Flo' Dolo, I give up, you win!!!!

No need to continue this bickering back and forth for no reason.

I am clearly no match for you so I am waving my white flag in means of PEACE.

whatever, man.
since you're being so patronizing, i may as well write it:

Don't duck sick.

one,

fd

jdizzel...

its a simple little game...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Flo' Dolo
whatever, man.
since you're being so patronizing, i may as well write it:

Don't duck sick.

one,

fd
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't duck sick

replace the first letter (s) of the third word "sick"
in front of the second words first letter (d) "duck"
then repeat for other word

and what do you get??

peace
LB

(by the way i have had no comments in this thread, because i could give a rats ass about kayne west, but i read it, and found you were having trouble with the word jumble)

Im not in love with N@ggahemians at all personally

Somehow this man is supposed to be the consumate esoteric semi - or maybe educated ? (What i like to call N@ggahemian)future of hip hop music and I dont see it happening within his involvement with other peoples music or with his own.

If i want a nice Pete Rock or Rza album...there are plenty of people out there who released albums with there work.

I kind of think hes sort of like a different kind of Jermaine Dupri in that sense. You recycle a style when its dying on the doorstep and get those last few dollars out it before it croaks.

People that take themselves too seriously are gonna flock to sons whole appeal and get Kanye Wests LP because this is the album that "real" hip hop fans have been waiting for.

So let em flock

Im kind of watching this whole ordeal unfold because his album to me is a perfect study on why hip hop and rap music bear no real separation from each other in regards to sonics.

Mcs and rappers use the same kind of beats to express themselves and in the process its sucks in the babies so that they'll listen to a Nas or a Ja Rule all the same because theres no difference in their music.

In regards to the Neptunes I actually can say I respect them because they are actual musicians...them two dudes can play instruments emphasis on the plural..Its not their fault that Jigga wants a "Change Clothes" beat instead of a Grindin Beat.

But the Tunes can do what they want at any given time because they can compose some raw made up ish if they felt like it and at most times they do...theres plenty of SERIOUS neptunes beats out there to counter the bubble gum/popcorn sound.

What im waiting for is someone to explain to me how an artform can progress when its not on some level or another self sufficient to be creative.

If Kanye never expands beyond sampling other peoples music...he cant make beats unless someone else makes the music for him to sample.

Dre, the tunes, Rza, the roots...they all make up music and whats funny is that Kanye could go SAMPLE them and get this big up like he made up the original song...to me son is corny as hell behind the boards because his methods is producer 101 shit.

Who dont know how to speed up the technics so you can cram a sample into the banks? So that you dont run out of sample time?

Or speed up a sample so its onbeat?
Time stretch etcetera?

Wow he works so hard on his beats man....In all reality i actually hear more innovative shit from Just Blayze, its just that he doesnt have his own album out..
Actual fact ....peep how Kanyes programming skills on drum breakdowns is mad chintsy...whereas Blaze actually has some pretty dope as break downs on some of his tracks...that evoke a feel or motif.

Listen to Hovi Babys intro...Im not in love with the beat but he goes sick on them snares using different velocitys to make that syncopated sound

The reason i say blaze and west is because alot of people get them confused...but since blaze has been using alot more live instruments namely the elec guitar ive seen him doing more diff shit.

But either way...

Im glad ya'll fell for the N@iggahemian sales pitch just goes to show.... But in truth i wish Ras Kass would come and son this mufucka...cuz he tryin to walk in his hood with his angles and Ras Kass is a waaaaaaaaay better intellectual off the beaten path kind of rapper Kanye still cant fuck with the Threat

Peace
Illacov

illacov said:

I kind of think hes sort of like a different kind of Jermaine Dupri in that sense. You recycle a style when its dying on the doorstep and get those last few dollars out it before it croaks...(and) his album to me is a perfect study on why hip hop and rap music bear no real separation from each other in regards to sonics. Mcs and rappers use the same kind of beats to express themselves and in the process its sucks in the babies so that they'll listen to a Nas or a Ja Rule all the same because theres no difference in their music.

No doubt. I'm on that exact shit about dude & the music, too.

Who dont know how to speed up...a sample so its onbeat? Time stretch etcetera? ...peep how Kanyes programming skills on drum breakdowns is mad chintsy...

Exactly. Dude SUCKS on the programming. and I don't really dig the mixes on the shit I've heard, either. Fuck the vocals, the mix on the music is garbage to my ears. Maybe it's a little less noticeable on the radio all squashed up, I dunno, but offa wax (and CD, I'm sure) - sounds like straight ass on the mix.

...i actually hear more innovative shit from Just Blayze...

yup.

djfd

Just in case you weren't aware, KW does do original beats. Get High as well as Workout Plan were not (or don't sound to be) sampled. Just as well, he had replayed/resung parts on All Falls Down and Let You Down.
I feel ya'll on the mixes though. WAY TOO LOUD in the mids and upper mids. And I hate those damn congo/as in the background of damn near every joint.
With that said, he still brings something different (lyrically) to the table which is something we've complained about here before, right? He's no Rass K, but he tells HIS STORY HIS WAY.
How could you hate that???

-L

Re: Im not in love with N@ggahemians at all personally

illacov said:
Dre, the tunes, Rza, the roots...they all make up music and whats funny is that Kanye could go SAMPLE them and get this big up like he made up the original song...to me son is corny as hell behind the boards because his methods is producer 101 shit

hmm..I saw Dre said before on VH1 that he doesn't know how to play an instrument. He said he just got "good ears" and he just uses samples.

leonardjamaar said:
Just in case you weren't aware, KW does do original beats. Get High as well as Workout Plan were not (or don't sound to be) sampled. Just as well, he had replayed/resung parts on All Falls Down and Let You Down.
I feel ya'll on the mixes though. WAY TOO LOUD in the mids and upper mids. And I hate those damn congo/as in the background of damn near every joint.
With that said, he still brings something different (lyrically) to the table which is something we've complained about here before, right? He's no Rass K, but he tells HIS STORY HIS WAY.
How could you hate that???

-L

I don't hate on "his story his way," I just don't feel how he spits and his lyrics don't particularly move me. I don't "hate on" his production, I hate how his shit is mixed, and the tracks I've heard don't generally move me production-wise, samples or not.

Maybe if all ya'll really think he's on some other shit lyrically, I'll give dude a listen again, just for that. I saw him & common on chappelle's show last night, and all I could do was wish it was a solo common joint. Of course, that's just my personal opinion, and it really don't matter one way or the other.

AS FOR DRE:

i don't claim to play any instruments, either, but those that feel comfortable in my hands seem to find a way to do something if I let can let go & let them...

Dude can surely pluck out a synth lead & bassline for a song. Prolly even string a few chords together that sound halfway listenable. The rest is all percussion & sound fx. He lied if he said he only uses samples for his tracks. I don't think the chronic was full of loops and shit, but he does like to jack the motif of other songs & play them again over beats.

djfd

Flo' Dolo said:
Dude can surely pluck out a synth lead & bassline for a song. Prolly even string a few chords together that sound halfway listenable. The rest is all percussion & sound fx. He lied if he said he only uses samples for his tracks. I don't think the chronic was full of loops and shit, but he does like to jack the motif of other songs & play them again over beats.

djfd

yeah i guess he lied. lol.

How could ya'll tell if an artist used a sample?

if you haven't heard Kanye's LP then you don't really have much to say in this thread. If you heard and don't like It I respect that but when u say most of his joints are sample that makes me think u didn't hear the LP. There are songs on there that are not sampled. I can only think of a few songs that are on that LP. The joint he got with Talib is tight to and That's not a sample track. His music on this LP is nothing like what he produces for Rocafella. His stuff is more like Hi tek very soulful. He even represents jesus!!! How many of you can claim that on an LP I know I can't.

As far as the neptunes I know they real musicians I live in Va. Just because u can play an instrument that don't make u a good producer. What makes you a good producer is making a good song not throwing shit together and calling it art. Beat making is one thing production is another. I'm a better producer than I am at beat making. I am blessed to have great beat makers on my team. They are very inovative and no more about playing instruments than I do. Niether of them no what it takes to produce a song. So yeah Kanye may not be a better beat maker than jus blaze or a better emcee than Jay-Z but his songs have alot more put in them than alot of stuff that is bieng played. He is opening door ways. yall don't have to like him but one day you will be thanking him. The roots had the same oppurtunity that Kanye had but instead they got to far a head of the game. Hopefully he can get more sells and bring this gansta shit to an end!

Flo' Dolo said:

AS FOR DRE:

i don't claim to play any instruments, either, but those that feel comfortable in my hands seem to find a way to do something if I let can let go & let them...

djfd

Dre has talented musicians on his team at his call. So does timberland. I have seen invoices for tim's Players. And I saw one for one of Snoop's joint. So just because it's not sampled don't mean they played it. And yeah I'm sure Kanye hires guys to play too that's been done in hip hop for a long time. Dre and Tim are good producers. They know how put the shit all together in the end. They both probably write the music too. Just like a symphony conducter and shit. Get all the parts together and blend that shit like magic. Hell I know cats that hire guitar players than loop what they played in ACID!:D

Yall are hating. I'm a musician and look to kanye's album as inspiration. The beats are incredible. Most songs obviously arn't lyrical but it's him and his style. I'm feeling it and listen to it everyday along with my Twista cd ;)

You motherfuckers don't even know what "hatin" really is...

Phact said:
Yall are hating. I'm a musician and look to kanye's album as inspiration. The beats are incredible. Most songs obviously arn't lyrical but it's him and his style. I'm feeling it and listen to it everyday along with my Twista cd ;)

Glad you like dude's album & Twista's.

I don't.

Why somebody always gotta be hating just cuz they ain't feeling something?

If I don't like your beats or rhymes, does that mean I'm hating on you? Nope.

If you don't like mine, does that mean you're hating on me? Of course not.

If you feel kanye west, cool.
If you don't, cool too.

Do you like opera or classical or baroque or country & western or new age or free jazz or blues or bebop or grunge or dNb? If you don't like any of those styles, does that mean you're "hating," too, or that you simply don't like those styles of music or the face that those artists put on it?

That's fucking stupid.

Voice your opinion all day, everyday, but don't hate on me cuz I don't like some dude you admire. That's kinda bitch, you feel me?

Flo Dolo I need a tag team on this reply :)

If you need Kanye West for inspiration then you do need help.

Ummmm...For the other "spiritually impressed" poster...Im glad that while you were banging your tamberine around your living room Kanye West was playing and not my album.

Wow you actually fell for that shit??

Flo Dolo...have you noticed that whenever somebody wants to make a sure fire song that cant be criticisized they make a religious song?

So that nomatter what a person looks like an asshole if they criticize it?

Well you found your asshole...that fuckin album is a nice coaster for me to rest my glass of kool aid on...it kind of humors me that this album is supposed to be for the crowd that wears glasses with thick black plastic frames..you know the intellgent negro crowd. I hope Dead Prez talks about him on his next album...whats really hilarious to me though is that people will shit on G Units rappers and then act like this guy is better... I mean if you want subject matter with bullshit delivery..then go get a PM Dawn album...they got some deep ass songs right up there with Arrested Development...wow Kanye is my savior I supposed i should leave the Nation of the Gods and the Earths right now and go get my white jesus piece. Like I said the N@ggahemian movement has struck us...
whats really sad is that Common is up this dudes ass ....Maybe hes on some rep Chi Town to the fullest shit...then again if thats the case wheres the Common R Kelly Collabo?

Either way Im still gettin my cake
Look out for my release

Illumination -
Victors Circle ... on Mt. Olympus Records

Coming to a trunk near you...Im going to ATL next
Peace
Illa

On a side note

How about all the conscious folks on this board since some ass brought it up on the College Dropout tip...why dont we petition Spike Lee or the Hughes brothers to make a film with a Black Jesus??

Why is it 2004 and white people still get they cake and eat it too when it comes to my brother Isa (Jesus) ??? How come its like less than 30 black people in Jerusalem in the Passion of The Christ?

Where was we at when this hippy lookin dude got beat the shit out of?
How did we miss out on the greatest ass whoopin of all time according to Mel Gibson?

Im kind of not cool with Mr Gibson right now either cuz he could have at LEAST made one of Jesus' parents a black person...so that we wouldnt feel so bad about them going to Egypt to hide especially when you and I know that Egypt is a land full of Black people and HAS been for a while

But anyways
Start the flames!!!

Re: You motherfuckers don't even know what "hatin" really is...

illacov said:
If you need Kanye West for inspiration then you do need help.

Ummmm...For the other "spiritually impressed" poster...Im glad that while you were banging your tamberine around your living room Kanye West was playing and not my album.

Wow you actually fell for that shit??

Flo Dolo...have you noticed that whenever somebody wants to make a sure fire song that cant be criticisized they make a religious song?

So that nomatter what a person looks like an asshole if they criticize it?

Well you found your asshole...that fuckin album is a nice coaster for me to rest my glass of kool aid on...it kind of humors me that this album is supposed to be for the crowd that wears glasses with thick black plastic frames..you know the intellgent negro crowd. I hope Dead Prez talks about him on his next album...whats really hilarious to me though is that people will shit on G Units rappers and then act like this guy is better... I mean if you want subject matter with bullshit delivery..then go get a PM Dawn album...they got some deep ass songs right up there with Arrested Development...wow Kanye is my savior I supposed i should leave the Nation of the Gods and the Earths right now and go get my white jesus piece. Like I said the N@ggahemian movement has struck us...
whats really sad is that Common is up this dudes ass ....Maybe hes on some rep Chi Town to the fullest shit...then again if thats the case wheres the Common R Kelly Collabo?

Yo... LOLman if you saw me in the street would u call me an ass cause I was feel'n the Kanye joint on the jesus tip? What u posted aint even close to what Flo dolo posted When u ready to up ur game get at me cause on the real if you haven't realize that post he just made includes u as well:
If you feel kanye west, cool.
If you don't, cool too.
:p
:D
So I guess that means you hat'n on me cause I like kanye illacov:D

I don't even have a comment about the other stuff if that's the way u feel it's cool. I was just saying I was impressed that he did make a song like that. I'm actually impressed with his whole LP cause it's more than what I thought it was going to be. I thought he would just be another Rocafella created emcee.

illacov said:

Yeah, I see it almost everytime I peep Showtime at the Apollo. Always 1 or 2 non-singin'-ass people destroying some old spiritual or some shit. They don't get booed, they don't get the "wop-wop," nothing. The audience just sits there afraid to voice their displeasure for fear of being struck by lightening.

Blame it on the baptist choich in each of us...

i didn't know that kanye west was on that shit on any of his tracks - see, so far, all his shit goes in one ear, and out the other...

djfd

Ok i would love to continue this discussion about Maybe West

But im sorry that you fell for the oldest trick in the book among people that are washed up or talentless.

Mc Hammer is pullin that shit too....so actually Kanye aint the first person to do it ... wait a minute

What about all the Chrisitian rappers out there that have been around for damn near 10 15 years?

Last time I checked ALL they songs was about JESUS

LMAO at Chitlins, Challin, Chalky whatever ya name is

My game cant get anymore stepped up before im kneeing St Peter you feel me?

All I said was that there is a good majority of people who get impressed by son for simply NOT talking about the same thing as everybody else at Rocafella..not his lyrics...but simply for being different i still think half of that comes from the whole Rocafella thing...they give this nigga miles of credit for what he does because he's on the roc but theres plenty of other better rappers...like Talib Kweli that deserve 10 times the accolades that West gets but since Kweli is NOT a roc artist hes not quite real enough since theres no street cred like R-O-C has ..yeah right...rock your fitted a little tighter...maybe you'll pass out....WOWWWW...I suppose rappers can start being conscious again now that Kanye showed us how to be conscious. Oops and Chrisitian too...

Hes an innovator...

I supposed that Chitlin has on a college mascot uniform too?

Yes the most dumbest most retarded thing ive seen in my life has to be that album cover...my mans wont even mention it cuz he's still in shock.

So when i see Chiterlings on the street how would i recognize this person i mean its not every day that one gets attacked by some nigga in a Grimace costume.

haha

move onto the black jesus movie please that shit is gonna be interesting come on COME ON!

Peace
Illa

Back