Oh God Enuff Kanye West!!!

PrettyChica

He's so overrated. I don't kno bout ya'll but to me, when i first heard his song, I thought it was an ol' school Snoop Dogg song or sumthin. But then I started hearing it on the radio every hour and the dj said it's a new song by Kanye West.

I guess his lyrics are good that's why people like him..but i don't like his songs!!!sounds like any other song out there..flow is nothin different, beat is not catchy like Timbo's.

all rocafellas beats beginning to sound all the same.
i'm tired of hearing the alvin and the chipmunks singing in the background too.

his lyric aint nothin new either...rock is tryin to promote him big, they puttin alot of $ into it .

mpayne0 said:

I don't give a shit about Kanye West, but that chipmunk sounding shit was NEVER cool.

fd

mpayne0 said:

I don't give a shit about Kanye West, but that chipmunk sounding shit was NEVER cool.

fd

why is everybody HATIN!! Kanye is a real good producer and his songs are pretty good. I got his album and I like it. IT's not stuff you would usually hear rappers talk about, like clubs,girls, and money!

In MY OPIONION, I think he has a refreshing new sound!!

jdizzel said:
why is everybody HATIN!! Kanye is a real good producer and his songs are pretty good. I got his album and I like it. IT's not stuff you would usually hear rappers talk about, like clubs,girls, and money!

In MY OPIONION, I think he has a refreshing new sound!!

His lyrics are good. But just his song as a whole is nuthin different.

PrettyChica said:
His lyrics are good. But just his song as a whole is nuthin different.

Is it one song that you don't like or is it all his songs in general you're you not feelin? I think Kanye really put his heart into his music. His music is different to me. It's soulful.

Just cuz I'm not feelin' dude's production doesn't mean that I'm hating on anyone.

That sped up alvin & the chipmink shit is grade-a corny, in my opinion. Fuck what anybody else thinks. Besides, I didn't buy his joint, but some of you have, so dude's eatin' quite fine offa ya'll.

I'm not sayin' dude ain't nice, or that he is, just that I don't feel his beats.

As far as lyrics & vocals go, well, I don't really check for nobody on the roc except M.O.P. , Beanie Siegel, Dirt McGirt, and Allen Anthony.

fd

jdizzel said:
Is it one song that you don't like or is it all his songs in general you're you not feelin? I think Kanye really put his heart into his music. His music is different to me. It's soulful.

yeah i'm talkin about that song "Through the Wire". Damn i hear that song TOO MANY TIMES on the radio, getting so annoying. and i aint hatin, i'm just statin.

To me someone different is..missy elliott, 50 cent, ludacris, nelly, dmx..all these artists are easy to distinguish.

lol..i swear when i first heard thru the wire, i thought it was snoop dogg or just another snoop dogg wanna be :D

Flo' Dolo said:
Besides, I didn't buy his joint, but some of you have, so dude's eatin' quite fine offa ya'll.

fd

bro, don't say ignorant shit like that! How else is he going to eat, by going door to door and asking everyone to spare him a dollar?!?!?!?

I paid $10 for his CD wich I like and have no complaints. Do you get out everything for free? YOur into production also, so would you like to give away your hard work (beats) for free.

It's ok if you don't like him because everyone is entitled to an opinion but just as you are able to give constructive critism, I hope you are just as well able to accept it. Remember 1 out of 4 people will not like what you put out!!! I guess in Kanye issue, you are that one. Nothing but love though bro.

PrettyChica said:
yeah i'm talkin about that song "Through the Wire". Damn i hear that song TOO MANY TIMES on the radio, getting so annoying. and i aint hatin, i'm just statin.

To me someone different is..missy elliott, 50 cent, ludacris, nelly, dmx..all these artists are easy to distinguish.

lol..i swear when i first heard thru the wire, i thought it was snoop dogg or just another snoop dogg wanna be :D

I know he samples a lot but I still think he is good at what he does. THen reason you and so many other people are tired of "THrough the Wire" is because of the type of song it is. It's more of an ispiritional song of what he's been through and not a song where you can dance to or something like that.

Yes, you are comletely right, that song does get a lot of airplay, but the more spins the better the album is to succeed, so I guess that's why they play it so much. People get tired of hearing someone talk about their life over and over and over again because after a while, it gets boring.

Overall, I like his style and his songs. I think only Kanye can flow like Kanye on his songs. Don't ge me wrong, he' not the best rapper on earth but he does his thing.

jdizzel said:
bro, don't say ignorant shit like that! How else is he going to eat, by going door to door and asking everyone to spare him a dollar?!?!?!?

What's ignorant about saying I didn't buy his shit cuz I didn't like it, but other cats did, so dude's eatin' ok?

I paid $10 for his CD wich I like and have no complaints. Do you get out everything for free? YOur into production also, so would you like to give away your hard work (beats) for free.

Nah, I don't get much of anything for free. Some cats do show me a lot of love, but I still spend more dough on music than I ever care to admit to myself or my old lady. I don't give tracks away, nor do I sell them to MCs to use.

It's ok if you don't like him because everyone is entitled to an opinion

Thanks...

but just as you are able to give constructive critism, I hope you are just as well able to accept it.

My criticism wasn't constructive, dude. I don't like what I've heard, period. I don't have any suggestions for what dude could/should do to sound more like what I might like, and I'm sure Chicago's newest super-producer could give a shit about my black ass. I got nothing against dude, I don't know him, I just don't like what I've heard. Big deal. He's a millionaire offa the music shit, and I'm a millionaire offa monopoly money. He didn't need me to blow him up, he got plenty of 10 dollars from a whole lot of other motherfuckers like you. Perfect arrangement, if you ask me.

As far as me taking criticism, constructive or otherwise, I appreciate your good intention & good will, but it really don't matter cuz I don't post shit for people to hear, and 9 times out of 10 when folks do hear my shit, they have no idea who wrote, played, produced, DJed, or engineered it. Well, they certainly don't know it's me. Maybe if I cared more about the props I'd be a different kinda guy, but I'm not. That being said, I'm good about listening to other people's opinions, and I'm too stubborn to let most I know affect how I get down, anyway. I've had grumpy-old-man-syndrome since I was 12...

Remember 1 out of 4 people will not like what you put out!!!

Maybe so, but 3 out of 4 like the kind of shit that i run from when I'm on the tables or behind the boards, so that keeps me serving 100% of my target audience and not giving a shit about anybody else. So I guess it all works out in the end & everybody's happy.

Nothing but love though bro.

Likewise, little soldier.

fd

Flo' Dolo said:
[B
He didn't need me to blow him up, he got plenty of 10 dollars from a whole lot of other motherfuckers like you. Perfect arrangement, if you ask me.

fd [/B]

Bro, no need to get pesonal bro!! I in no way disrespected you, so I would like the same respect in return!!

That's fine that you are doing your thing and by judging what your saying, it seems like you are also on TOP or your Game.

Your opinion=Kanye sucks............
My opinion= he's pretty good.........
Total = who cares!!

That's what makes America so great..........THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!!

Keep doing your thing!! God Bless!!!

I didn't write nothing personally directed at you in a negative way. Feel free to substitute "consumers," or "fans" for "motherfuckers," and move on.

You, on the other hand somehow deduced that I was "ignorant" about what I was posting about, and went so far as to call me on it.

Personally, I find that offensive.
well not really, but I certainly could. I mean, you did choose a not-so-nice adjective to describe how I feel about something. You can't possibly be one of those cats who can toss it out but can't take it, can you? ;)

I respect that you had the balls to call my opinions "ignorant," and it's neither here nor there, but just like you can talk out the side of your neck about whatever you want, so can I.

Don't take this the wrong way, I mean, uh, no disrespect intended, but if my intention was to diss you, it'd be clearer than a windex-wiped windshield.

Oh yeah, next time you wanna call someone a hater, think first about whether or not it's warranted and/or "respectful." Especially if you're as sensitive as you appear to be.

I don't think kanye west "sucks," I'm just not partial to his shit. I mean, different dicks for different chicks, right?

Flo' Dolo said:

You, on the other hand somehow deduced that I was "ignorant" about what I was posting about, and went so far as to call me on it.

bro man, I didn't call you ignorant, If you would've read between the lines, you would've seen that I said the comment you made was an ignorant comment.

As far as sensitivity, I think your the sensitive one because your taking this a lil too far!! This went from a simple talk about Kanye to you coming at me with all this bullshit because you i thought I called you "ignorant". I got a band aid to cover your lil cut I gave you.

I don't think I'll give you the self gratification by responding anymore to this bullshit. I didn't subscribe to this forum to get involved in some bicker back and forth about Kanye, I got better things to do with mt time and I'm pretyy sure you do to!!!!!

Inna name of keeping this forum moving w/out the aid of links to beats, I'ma respond.

:eek: Me sensitive? Hardly.
You're the one who saw the word "motherfucker" and took it to mean something negative, as opposed to taking it in the light in which it was written. Maybe the nuance got lost in the written word. Maybe Janet Jackson's titty wasn't all that nice to see. And, maybe you should do more reading between the lines before you start "demanding" respect from people.

glass houses, kid, glass houses...

Lemme help you out. You wrote this:
Originally posted by jdizzel

In response, I wrote:

originally posted by flo' dolo
What's ignorant about saying I didn't buy his shit cuz I didn't like it, but other cats did, so dude's eatin' ok?

I didn't take offense, I just asked where you saw the ignorance in my post.

And...

Why for I got to be attacking you for stating my position about someone other than you, and asking you a question about what YOU wrote about me?
don't answer on my account, chief, I really don't care.

btw- my "self-gratification" can't be attained through your posts, or it ain't self-gratification. But who wants to be nit-picky, right?

The only thing you might be cutting is your teeth. But that's a good thing...

fd

Flo' Dolo, I give up, you win!!!!

No need to continue this bickering back and forth for no reason.

I am clearly no match for you so I am waving my white flag in means of PEACE.

These are the albums i bought so far in 2004 whether new or not.

Da Band, DMX, Drag-On, Big Tymers, Juvenile, Murphy Lee, Bravehearts, Pitch Black, Westside Connection, G Unit, Alicia Keys, Outkast, T.I., DSGB, Timbaland and Magoo, Memphis Bleek, Big Noyd, Anthony Hamilton, Marques Houston, Obie Trice ,Jay Z ,and Kanye West

East, West, Mid West, South,a lil bit of everything

PrettyChica's sentiments sort of mirrors mine in the sense of being tired of that "chipmunk" stuff.

However i got around to listening to his album this weekend, and i cant front on dude. The album is pretty solid throughout. Its better than alot that has come out in the last couple months . And he did throw in a couple curves that none of my other recent purchases didn't.

Its his time right now. Ya'll should be happy that folks are giving the Neptunes a break from the shine. We should be used to this in hip hop. Every now and then an artist and producer comes along and monopolizes public attention.

Last edited:
"OH when it all it all falls down" My fav joint right now on the LP His music is definitely refreshing and soulful on his LP. But yeah the radio is at fault here they play shit the fuck out! The chip munk voices are more welcome than that pop corn sound'n neptune shit. I'm still baffled about how cats can ryhme to that shit!

Back