New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Can someone please tell me how to ask a question on this website?!

Go to the proper sub-forum. It will have names like "Newbies" for newbie questions, "Digital" for questions dealing with your computer and software, "Guitar" for dealing with........ the cello? :confused: Just kidding, for the guitar. :D

After your in a subforum, you'll see a list of all the questions and topics. Above the list, you should see a big blue button that says "+ Post New Thread." Click on that, and there ya go! :)

Welcome!

@Wolfdog7913
Look at the sections in the forum, think which one suits it most and post a topic in there. If you do not know where is the best suited section for your question, then take a shot at the Newbies section.

Hey Guys I'm Troy just venturing into this world of home recording....wanna start getting some equipment so i can start recording my group any advice????

Greetings from Singapore... Hope to learn a lot here.

Started 10 years ago with a Pentium 3 desktop, Line6 GuitarPort, SG copy, a cheap AudioTechnica mic and a passion to write music.
Now, same gear except a newer laptop, a new mic SM57, a wife and two kids. The passion is still there when time permits...

Hello world of HomeRecording.com !! I am Theidians, a creator of all shapes and sizes. Lately I have been collaborating with a friend Biolapse and we have been creating a series of electronic music pieces fused with abstract "visualizer" like visuals. I'd like to show them to you however it appears as though I must post 10 times before I am allowed to post a link. So here is post ONE.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOB Alert!

Hello Folks,

I'm an aspiring musician, vocalist, composer...an artist. I'm very new to home recording....I would like to take my learning to the next level. I'm hoping that someone can offer some advice that might speak to my goals. The idea is to be able to compose a piece into midi format, that I can take to a recording studio, and layer on the vocals, mix n' master, and publish. What I have already are....an accoustic piano. Yamaha DGX 535 (but the digital screen is busted ack)...now that is directly usb'd into my computer. The computer i5-2600, 8GB ram, Win7, running...Sibelius 7, Finale 2012c, and Reaper.

I keep reading about DAW's VST/VSTi's, and all of that. But I am unclear as to how it all works into the big picture of things. There doesn't seem to be a flow chart or anything that I can refer to. I can create orchestrations with some voice inputs via Finale/Sibelius.

If someone can point me in the direction of what I'm missing, I'd really appreciate it...

Thanks a Bunch..

SB

Hello everyone :D My name is Ty and I've been a guitarist/bassist/drummer for 7 years. I've been doing home recordings for about 5 years, give or take, and I'm slowly making progress haha. I've come a long way from my days of making awful, incoherent recordings in Riffworks, but I still have a lot to learn. Anyway, I stumbled upon this site a few days ago and it has been an immense help already! I look forward to browsing threads and learning as much as I can, as well as getting help and advice whenever I may need it. This is one of my new favorite websites :thumbs up:

Hello! I'm Manny and I'm an alchoholic! Oh wait, wrong forum! LOL....Seriously, I am new to the home recording world but not new to music or electronics. I'm looking forward
to learning a lot from all of you on here.

Thanks!

Manny

hello my real name is mehdi i m learning how to produce music with fl studio well i like to produce deep music that have a clubby feeling to it

Hey, everyone I'm new to the singing world in general. I would like to improve my voice but have little time to go to vocal training etc. however a friend of suggested somthing quiet controversial. He menstioned i should join a choir despite not being religious. My morals question wether taking advantage of the opportunity is the right thing to do,benifits training and time spent sing each week.

Many thanks,

Jacob

Hey!
I'm Samuel from Sweden!
New to this forum but I've been producing music and experimenting with sound since birth! :)

I use Cakewalk Sonar X2

Stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and it seems really nice! :)
Looking forward to collect and share thoughts with you guys! =)¨

Cheers!

Hey!
I'm Samuel from Sweden!
New to this forum but I've been producing music and experimenting with sound since birth! :)

I use Cakewalk Sonar X2

Stumbled upon this forum a few days ago and it seems really nice! :)
Looking forward to collect and share thoughts with you guys! =)¨

Cheers!

Sorry man, but I couldn't help but say to myself 'I'm Samuel from Sveden, in a probably ridiculously poor impersonation of the accent. :)

Welcome to the forum man! :D

Hello all, I have Just joined today after reading a few of the posts, the impression i got from reading them
is that this is a helpfull site with out the bitching and sarcastic remarks associated with some other sites, well done to you all for keeping it like this, it makes me feel welcome and i feel in good company, Glad to be here.

Hello all, I have Just joined today after reading a few of the posts, the impression i got from reading them
is that this is a helpfull site with out the bitching and sarcastic remarks associated with some other sites, well done to you all for keeping it like this, it makes me feel welcome and i feel in good company, Glad to be here.

Glad to have you funk we try to keep everything pretty clean here

Hello, my name is Josey Wales. I have been playing music for 15 yrs in an out of bands. Dabbiling in recording in between. The last 5 yrs i have devoted much more time to recording as bands never seem to last. I am working with Studio One Artist. Very simple an easy, an I like it. My studio is a spare bedroom with heavy ruggs on the walls. Very coozy, comfy and inspiring. I add gear as i go. A friend and I write, play an record everything ourselves. It's a hobbie that we love, trying to make quality sounding cds. I have often visited this forum an found good advice and tips. So now, here i am, a part of it.

Back