New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello my name is Gary I'm from Los Angeles CA. Im new to digital recording, I'm running Ableton Live 8 with a Zoom R24 interface. I want to learn much about recording bands and how to learn to use plug ins such as auto tune and drumagog. I'm a newbie so dont get too frustrated with the simple questions I might ask if google cant answer for me. So far I love this site.

I love Live...dont record bands but if i can help with anything Ableton wise drop me a line :thumbs up:

Hi! Mack from the Netherlands here.
More soundtech than musician and already an old hand with that. Busy FOH, monitors and recording since '85.
Specializing in acoustic instruments & live recording.

Hoping to help the newbies

Although I am not a newbie to recording by a long shot...try 20+ years, i am a newbi to this site.
At first glance I'm surprised at all the good posts here.

I am currently building a sitethat will hopefully assist in answering some questions for folks about some topics that seem to pop up again and again in many different audio settings.

Please take a look and as the site grows you'll see that there will be a wealth of information there.
You'll find everything from how to mic drums to how to use compressors to running sound for church worship services.

Although I am not a newbie to recording by a long shot...try 20+ years, i am a newbi to this site.
At first glance I'm surprised at all the good posts here.

I am currently building a sitethat will hopefully assist in answering some questions for folks about some topics that seem to pop up again and again in many different audio settings.

Please take a look and as the site grows you'll see that there will be a wealth of information there.
You'll find everything from how to mic drums to how to use compressors to running sound for church worship services.

Welcome. But what is being done there that's not done here?

Hello
My name is Martin, I'm Polish, anarchist, vegetarian, and recently a bit crazy about home recording:) I'm writing my own songs, and I'm in the middle of recording my first album. It goes awful so far, I am a real greenhorn:) But I have fun learning new stuff. I'm using Reaper 4. I already learned a lot from this forum, and I joined, because I needed some more particular advice. See u around.

Hey, I'm pretty new to recording, but I've been a musician all my life. I'm glad I found this site to help when I have questions

Hey there! I'm Mike from Pittsburgh. I've been a drummer for a long time. (Richard Nixon was still in his first term as president.) I currently play hand percussion in two bands and have been working hard to improve my bass playing skills. I've done some recording way back in my past when that meant that you went to a recording studio. This past year I played percussion on a CD with the Green Ridge Runners. I'm looking to get into home recording and this seems like a good place to start. I'll likely do a lot of reading at first before I start offering my own dumb questions up. I'll see you all on the boards.

-Mike

Hi, I'm Lalli from Norway, been coming across alot of threads here lately so thought it would be a good idea to sign up. I'm working on my first homerecording (dare i say) studio. My setup today is, NI maschine, Korg Microkey61 and Boss BR-800 as a soundcard. My shoppinglist currently contains Steinberg UR824, Mackie MR5mk2 and a Sontronics STC-2X, which seems to be a fair startingpoint as far as i've read.

hey guys and gals! my name is carl pants..... and i've been diving into recording the last few months. i feel like i'm making pretty decent progress, but as i'm sure you all know better than me, there is always room for improvement and its a learning process. i'm here to make some friends, get some tips and tricks of you guys and to basically have fun.... cause thats what life is about! having fun and progressing. anyways, i think i saw something about "you have to reply 10 times before you can post"..... so, i'll just ask some questions while i do that. ok?.... ok, sweet.

so, first question is...... where are all the metal heads? i hope there are some on this site, as that is my main thing.

next question........... is it ok to post recordings on here and get feedback? i promise i won't spam the shit out of you guys. <3

i've been reamping alot to try and get that "awesome" metal tone...... and i'm close to what i personally like, but any reamping advice from you pros out there?? i've been using a sm57 and a few different amps, but the most "metal" sounding one to me is my mesa dual. also tried my 74 pro reverb, my custom built ted weber kit amp (which actually is my second favorite) and i have a (don't laugh, i'm a tube freak/lover)..... i have a '63 lawfayette tube amp. never seen one before and i found it on craiglist one night for 80 bucks, so i snatched it up. its no good for rythym parts, but i've found it good for reamping leads.

i use reaper, as my other 2 recording friends both recommended it to me. they said its kinda hard to learn, but if i learned that one, i could go to any DAW later and be comfortable. i have no idea if thats true or not, as this is my first time..... "it feeeels like the fiiiiiiiiiiirst time..... it feeels like the verrrrry fiiiirst time" hahahah

oh, this isn't a "question" but i thought i'd mention it.... this is actually my first forum too! sooooo, please bear with me if i post in the wrong thread.

not quite sure of the "rules" of such a thing yet....... soooooooooo yep! party on, wayne....

Back