New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello, my name is Josey Wales. I have been playing music for 15 yrs in an out of bands. Dabbiling in recording in between. The last 5 yrs i have devoted much more time to recording as bands never seem to last. I am working with Studio One Artist. Very simple an easy, an I like it. My studio is a spare bedroom with heavy ruggs on the walls. Very coozy, comfy and inspiring. I add gear as i go. A friend and I write, play an record everything ourselves. It's a hobbie that we love, trying to make quality sounding cds. I have often visited this forum an found good advice and tips. So now, here i am, a part of it.

O-o-o-o-o ..... An outlaw! Loved your movie. :thumbs up:

Glad your here man.

Hi mates ! I'm Bernardo , I'm 14 years old and I'm Portuguese. I play almost every instrument, but I've been taking piano lessons for 11 years.

I already posted a thread where I introduced not only myself , but also my gear.

I'm really happy to be joining this community! Cheers!

Hi mates ! I'm Bernardo , I'm 14 years old and I'm Portuguese. I play almost every instrument, but I've been taking piano lessons for 11 years.

I already posted a thread where I introduced not only myself , but also my gear.

I'm really happy to be joining this community! Cheers!

Howdy Bernardo.

hello .. Greg Johnson Knoxville Tennessee here

Drummer / bassist. 20+ years experience touring and playing. I was always on the other side of the recording desk.. NOW i want to see what the business side is all about.

Hello everybody!My name is Liviu,i'm a romanian that lives in italy,i'm 20 years old,i write lyrics(for about 5 years now) and i recently started to rap!I'm glad that u accepted me in your big family! 1love

Hi guys & girls :)

I work for a number of sound companies in London and do a lot of my own sound recording at home and even for some video projects that some friends of mine are working on. Been doing this for about 8 years now. Also into my home hi if big time which is where it all started for me to be fair. Complete Niam system... wooo how i love it lol. Anyways look forward to speaking with you all more :) Oh and happy new year !

Greetings and salutations...

I am a professor of recording arts technologies in Los Angeles, California.

I teach Pro Tools and Pro Tools accessories...

Hey everyone, my name is Michael and I live in Ahwatukee, Arizona. I've been playing guitar/drums/bass since 1984 and have only done begining recording with a boombox and back in the day an old Fostex 4-track. I am trying to build a home studio in my house, and welcome any and all advice. I'm currently using a MacBook Pro 2.66GHz w/8GB Ram and a 750GB SSD/HD hybrid (Seagate Momentus XT), and for recording I'm using Garageband, but I really don't know what the heck I'm doing.

Questions? yeah, for starters what DAW should I be using, and which books,websites, etc do you recommend I read to learn from to learn to record, mix, master, etc.

Thanks everyone, I'm so glad I found this forum!!

Hey yall! After years of aimlessly messing and day dreaming with programs and no direction, I decided to take the plunge into home recording as a hobby. Slowly moving to all macs (for their reputation for being great for multimedia purposes)
I'm quite clueless still so expect to see a lot of me :thumbs up:

Hey yall! After years of aimlessly messing and day dreaming with programs and no direction, I decided to take the plunge into home recording as a hobby. Slowly moving to all macs (for their reputation for being great for multimedia purposes)
I'm quite clueless still so expect to see a lot of me :thumbs up:

Great to hear/read that! I hope we see more of you soon. Macs sure are good in a whole package, but Windows can just do the job if its a simple song.

Cheers,
Darren.

Greeting to all! My name is thomas and I've been writing and recording for about twenty years (not well). Starting out with a tascam cassette four track and now on the pc with sonar x1 and fruityloops.. I play a 2000 les Paul studio, a 1992 Gibson flying v (w dimarzio paf pro and fred) schecter damien elite fr 6 and De 8, and a cheapo yahama bass.. I use a pod hd 500 and have used the pod and pod xt and digitech rp1.. I have recently been putting a lot more effort into music and have joined up here to learn, share, and make some friends.. I live in Central Massachusetts, married with a three year old girl and a boy on the way.

hey my name is Bennett P. Young owner of Young's Recording Services and song writer as well as artist anyways yeah I have a bunch of vintage recording stuff so im on here to find out what it does and to also
learn more about recording music speeches weddings ect.

My name is Johnny Dark. I make music. Cut video. Make movies. I do a lot of things.

Looking forward to getting along with peeps here. See what can be done, see.

I don't have a sense of humor. I was born serious...ly

Generally rock. As a drummer, I do all sorts of things, minus reggae and simpleton beats like country or 10minute blues songs. Video, anything but romantic comedies and PSA's.

Back