New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Whats up guys, my name is EddieFLO. I'm just starting out with this whole music production thing. I'm using Ableton live 8 with a m-audio midi keyboard. I'm working on getting a mic as we speak, so for now i record wav file vocals on my galaxy s 4g. I hope there are enough ableton users on here that can help me out with my newb problems. You can search up my soundcloud, its the same as my username. I'm excited to go more in depth with this :)

Hey, I'm nospi, brand new to the forums, I can't believe I hadn't seen it before. I figured I should get a bit more involved in the audio community so I keep myself motivated. I'm from Australia, currently studying audio engineering and working in corporate av. I'm running a pretty simple system at the moment, I'm trying to make the most of what I've got. I get pretty lazy though, so I'm hoping I might find some new tools / tips here and maybe get some critique on some of my mixes, see what needs fixing.

M-Audio Fast Track USB
Pro Tools 10
Windows 7 64-bit
iK Multimedia Classik Studio Reverb
Addictive Drums

I've got an SM58 and a half-decent condenser than I can't remember the brand name of.
I play guitar and mostly record that, but I've got a cheap Yamaha Portatone keyboard for MIDI.

If anybody has any projects that need mixing I'd love to give it a try, I've got a fair bit of stuff going on at the moment so I can't promise anything but feel free to PM me if you're interested.

I've got some stuff up on SoundCloud, nothing's really finished and a few have been recorded on my phone but it's all I have online at the moment, I'll get around to updating that one day. I can't post links but my username is nospi.

Cheers!

YAN (Yet Another Newbie)

Hi All!

I'm Bigby. I used to do some very basic home recording, using whatever came to hand, connecting anything and everything directly to my crappy computer sound card, recording kit using one unmatched pair of dynamics as overheads, recording vocals using a computer headset mic ... and getting surprisingly good results. At some point I did a SAE night course to learn the theory. I was in a band, and helped mix home studio recordings done by friends.

Then I moved overseas, couldn't afford to bring my gear, had no time and even less money, and lost the drive. I've been studying baroque music for the last five years and counting. But now I see where I am in Europe that there's a need for low cost solutions for classical musicians, who need essentially 'demo' recordings to get concerts, in much the same way pop musicians do. My group needs one too. So I'm figuring, why not work the skills back up, and fill a need? Maybe I'll start a band again in the process, too!

That's where I'm at. I look forward to checking out the forums, and learning what I can from those with more know-how than me!

Hello everybody, and greetings from Central New York. I'm a multi-instrumentalist who also sings lead vox all of the backing tracks as well. I suppose I have to, as I haven't been able to put a band together in 6 years of trying. I write original music in the genres of Funk, Soul, R&B, Blues, and I even have a couple of jazz and latin tunes under my belt. I also tried my hand at a calypso tune and surprised myself! I also record covers of songs that I like, which gave me something to go on as to what sound I was looking for. It has actually helped me, as I was flying by the seat of my pants when I first got my DAW about 6 years ago. Anyway, I hope to make a friend or two here, or at least maybe accidentally learn something.

hi, my name is Jildert, out of ontario and play drums and starting to look at getting some recording equipment. been jammin with a couple different styles of music, and would like to have a chance to record wicked tunes.

Hi,

I actually signed up here some time ago, but I've just recently returned because I've been playing live some and am in the planning stages of a first EP that I'd like to put together myself if at all possible.

Hey all!
My name is Mo and I am finally getting my home recording studio set up... and like someone else mentioned...I totally wish I had a studio engineer in my back pocket. I am setting up my studio so I can start doing production (my own and working with a friend of mine still in radio) but I am having a heck of a time getting my mixing board, recording software and computer to all mesh. Blegh...more video tutorials and reading is in my future!

Thanks everyone!
Regards, Mo

Hello all in the HomeRecording.com Forum!
I am Lucius of Illumination Corner, and I was not aware of this thread. My first thread is in the MP3 Mix Clinic section with a song that I recently worked on for a local band here in EP,TX. I encourage and request any and all to check it out and give me your honest opinion of the production. I love novelty and this site has provided much. I would like to thank in advance all of those who frequent this forum, of whose contributions keep this site interesting, informative and alive.
I was glad to find this forum, and I hope to be some point of reference/observation/opinion/help/humor/listening for whomever is reading.
Thoughts and Thanks
-Lucius-

Hi,

My name is Nick and I am a Saxophonist.

Starting recording studio at home, hopefully with good sounds and vibes with the help you you guys.

Cheers

Nick

Hey im Dan, Im a 15 year old instrumentalist who thinks he is allot better than he actually is (im still pretty damn good though). my dads going all mid life crisis on me and im loving it and when he got the pa system and a bunch of mics thats when I decided I was going to learn how to actually produce music. so far I suck but im not giving up anytime soon

Hi all,

I'm a professional accountant by day, who is working on a severe career change by night! I got introduced to audio mixing through recording with my own band, which is when I realised that I could do that too! Some money invested later, and I've got a small home studio set-up which I intend to keep investing in.

Cheers

Mark

Hi! I'm Kat. I'm not really new but not being a musician myself I just try and help others usually with financing. It has been a few years since I posted anything. Now my granddaughter who lives with me is seriously into vocal music. She has been recording the best she can and putting up on youtube. I'm here to help her. I'm here to seriously look for moderately priced equiptment that will help her. She uses audacity now..all she has. Also to see if any of you think she has potential.. I'm SERIOUSLY PREJUDICED! I want someone to give her a listen.."Jar of Hearts" is the only semi pro studio recording she has made. I posted a thread called Real Newbie but I have 15 posts to make or answer I guess.

Hi! I'm Kat. I'm not really new but not being a musician myself I just try and help others usually with financing. It has been a few years since I posted anything. Now my granddaughter who lives with me is seriously into vocal music. She has been recording the best she can and putting up on youtube. I'm here to help her. I'm here to seriously look for moderately priced equiptment that will help her. She uses audacity now..all she has. Also to see if any of you think she has potential.. I'm SERIOUSLY PREJUDICED! I want someone to give her a listen.."Jar of Hearts" is the only semi pro studio recording she has made. I posted a thread called Real Newbie but I have 15 posts to make or answer I guess.

You're an awesome grandfather d00d!

Post some sample in the MP3 Clinic, and I'll try to give some critiques.

Hey there, I'm Gabe. I've been playing instruments for a while but never had the opportunity to get into recording stuff until recently. I was given a few drum mics and a couple amps for christmas last year, and I just recently ordered a fasttrack (ultra 8r) so I can start recording with them. I really want to start learning about recording, acoustics, and using various recording and mixing/mastering software.

Hello everybody I'm new here and would like to share my experiences with gear and recording/mixing etc etc !!!

Last edited:
Hey guys! Always looking for home recording info. No surprise that took me here. I play guitar, and mostly record metallica covers.

Back