New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hello everyone! I've been home recording for a long, long time but have't messed around on forums too much. Have recently curtailed my live gigs and focusing more on recording at home (which has always been more fun to me anyway), so figured I'd try to meet some folks online to make up for the hit my social life has taken. :) So... hello!

Hello everyone! I've been home recording for a long, long time but have't messed around on forums too much. Have recently curtailed my live gigs and focusing more on recording at home (which has always been more fun to me anyway), so figured I'd try to meet some folks online to make up for the hit my social life has taken. :) So... hello!

Welcome Phydrian. The name a reference to Phygrian mode maybe?

Hi. I registered a few days ago but missed this thread.

I have been playing music for thirty years. I had a four track tascam tape recorder in the nineties and recorded a couple years before it got stolen. Then I quit playing in bands for about ten years to be a dad.

I've turned back to home recording. This time around I have been using tascam's DP-01 for a couple years now and recently upgraded to a 2488 neo. I like to edit with audacity.

I'm in a small town in Kansas and am terribly frustrated finding other musicians for a band again, at least dedicated ones. Plenty of people say sure and then just won't show up or show up at the right times. I have a used book store for a day job.

Hi! BroKen here (shortened from Brother Ken...) Currently I am a worship leader, but I played metal, country and thrash for about 20 years, then gave it all up and went into retail. Still record myself for amusement and amazement. I use Record/Reason on the computer for a studio with a firewire box to get me inside. Mostly I write and record my own music and soundtracks that I can strum and sing to at church. Just soaking up information! :rolleyes:

hey guys definitely a newbie but lookin to make this a career fresh out of the military... could use any advice and lookin for a mentor in the wilmington nc area. thanks, tyler

Greetings all, no need for real names, just Instinct; relating to my project. I have been recording almost exlusively with Audition/Cool Edit Pro [ages ago!] for around ten years and am pretty clued up on the technology side of things as well as the instrumental. However, I am new to Audition CS6 which I installed just today and of course am eager to suss out and get recording again! Its quite different to the older versions in terms of layout and settings so I may be throwing a few questions out there and will be appreciative of any feedback and help. I'll try and do the same where I can.

Regards.

Hello all!
My Name is Mike Flannery and I am excited to be a part of this forum. I hope to learn a lot and also be a good resource when I find the opportunity. Cheers!

What's up HR Fam !!!

28 yr old Native of Louisiana, Been playing piano since I was tall enough to touch the keys. I produce mainly R&B, Jazz and Gospel. Have been recording/experimenting since High School. Of course I wanted to be a "Rapper"....... LMAO

Yeah, but I'm here to LEARN HOW TO MIX and MASTER From anyone who knows what they are talking about.

Hello friends,
I am from India. We broadcast a drama on national radio every week here. We used to get the recording done from a well established studio. But one week he ditched me and I could not broadcast the drama that week. So I started looking options doing it at home. I used audacity to record few lines. But there was prominent static noise. I was disappointed. Then I looked in the noise removal effect and there was a button 'get noise profile'. I tried it and voila static noise was gone. Since then I am using it for recording with my $3 headphone/mic. Sound is crystal clear without any reverb/echo. Although there is no sound proofing done in my room.
Now I am willing to take it as a profession. I know nothing about music. I can't play any instrument. Let's see what happens.
RitB

Hello from London

Hi All,
Greetings to all.
I Thought I would join the forum. There seems to be a wealth if information on this forum here to digest. Having just aquired a shedfull of Revox, Studer & Fostex Reel to reel machines. I'll hopefully keep you entertained & will keep you all busy with questions on the repair/rebuild process. Waiting for the fireworks "exploding capacitors" :o & dodgy oxidised connections. :facepalm:
regards
Jodal

Hi all!

I'm Lou, and hail from Lincolnshire, UK.

It'd seem I joined about a year ago, posted one question, and then left. Well, I've stumbled back here, and have been lurking a while, so thought I'd say a proper hello.

I'm interested in all sorts of music, and have worked with Hair Metal, through Gypsy-Folk-Punk-Type-Vibes, to hip-hop and modern pop.

I've only been in the game a couple of years, and actually have very little gear to mention, but am dead keen, and (I think) learning fast.

I'm currently particularly into my hip-hop (that West Coast Flava! ;) ) and am jointly working on a track for a fairly well known pop group.

Anyway, that's a little about me, so now I won't feel so awkward about bugging the hell out of y'all with my endless questions. :D

Lou.

Hi, Daniel here. I make home music videos. A few up on youtube already if anyone is interested I will send a link.

Hey Home Recording, you can call me Izzy. I'm a 21-year-old novice home studio producer and composer of electronic and crossover music. I've loved music since...longer than even I can remember, lol. I've been playing and listening to almost every type of music, every instrument out there (but I'm not gonna say I'm an expert, just a guy who likes synchronized sounds).
I started producing music roughly five or so years ago, back when I received Acid5 and Audacity as a gift. Ultimately I stuck with (and am still stuck with) Acid (even though I'd love to expand into more advanced DAW territory...ProTools, mostly, ha). I've never had any money really, and to be able to make music and to continue to make music despite monetary limitations--I'm sure A LOT of you guys know where I'm coming from--it's just...a dream come true. I've just been blessed with generous friends and family who provided hand-me-down instruments and technology...which is ironic, again, because I'm just a poor boy from a poor family. Yeah, I know that was in bad taste. All in all, it's awesome that I get to pursue something that has meaning in my life, and it's so cool that I've managed to stumble upon a place where I can talk to others like me. To learn new tricks, and maybe share some of mine (I'm sure there will be an immense amount more learning than sharing on my part -_-).
Thanks guys, have a good one!

-Izzy

Back