New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi all!

I'm Lou, and hail from Lincolnshire, UK.

It'd seem I joined about a year ago, posted one question, and then left. Well, I've stumbled back here, and have been lurking a while, so thought I'd say a proper hello.

I'm interested in all sorts of music, and have worked with Hair Metal, through Gypsy-Folk-Punk-Type-Vibes, to hip-hop and modern pop.

I've only been in the game a couple of years, and actually have very little gear to mention, but am dead keen, and (I think) learning fast.

I'm currently particularly into my hip-hop (that West Coast Flava! ;) ) and am jointly working on a track for a fairly well known pop group.

Anyway, that's a little about me, so now I won't feel so awkward about bugging the hell out of y'all with my endless questions. :D

Lou.

Go ahead and feel awkward. Just bug us when you do. lol!

Just kidding Lou. Welcome to the site. If you hear crap about Jimmy on the site, it's some other Jimmy. :D

Hi
I'm MissMariAnn. I need some help with my Tascam DP01.
I need a tutorial that is "basic" from the beginning.
I'm a vocalist but I can lay down some tracks on various instruments.
Looking for some help. I'm hoping this forum will do the trick!
:O)

hello. im shockwave and i like everything....rock... metal (all styles)..rap hip-hop..jazz..(jeff beck and herbie hancock type) blues...r&b...some classical..and to me (just me) i think that in constant sorrow from brother where art thou and primis waynonna's big brown beaver is the greatest country songs of all time..i got a small studio tascam dp-008..rack gear (compressor, exciter..gates..reverbs and the like) im more of a guitar player (fender strat w/ crate and fender h.o.t. amp and all kinds of drum machines and what nots. hope to hear from musicians from all over because there is a total lack of them in my area. so keep chillin' like a villian! peace!

Hello I'm StahMeNah (translated stamina). I am a Reggae artist, producer, trying to be jack of all trades.

Big shout out to everyone on this site. PEACE (P)eople (E)verywhere (A)re (C)reated (E)qually! PEACE, a word to live by!

Hi guys and gals Jerry here, been playin behind my Gibson for 30 + yrs and decided to try the other side of the window and now I know how little I no.
Glad I came upon this site 6 months ago, learning a lot and still seeing how little I know.
Keep up the good work hvagdda

I'm planning on buying a Tascam DP-03 soon. Checking out as many reviews and comparisons as I can beforehand. My project is to get 12 of my original songs onto CD for copyright purposes. No big production, just 1-acoustic 6-string and my 1-vocal. I came here looking for other users of the DP-03. My last unit was a Tascam 688 Midi Studio with a Teac 38(?) reel-reel 8-track - gone now.

And... on my profile, can I insert one of my own photos from my Pictures Folder? I didn't see an option for that when I signed in.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone. I just got registered here because I'm in the process of getting gear for my first home recording studio. I have a lot of experience in the studio but none as the engineer so I figured I could use a place that might give me some guidance as I undertake this task. Thanks in advance :)

Hey! I'm a 21-year old Irish drummer and guitarist who lives in London, but I leave in 2 weeks to move to Gothenburg in Sweden. I'm recording a demo with my band before I leave, then when I get to Sweden I'm hoping to start recording more of my own music as a bedroom project. I have a Shure SM57 and an AKG D112, but otherwise I'll need to invest in more equipment when I leave London as I can't mooch of my bandmates stuff anymore.
Hoping to learn a lot from this place!

Hi- Stefan Held here.
I am a label owner/ head producer at StevenHeroProductions LLC in Brooklyn/NY and just wanted to introduce myself.
Feel free to ask me music related questions !

Thanks- highly appreciated!
Checked out your site- great stuff-dig the drum sounds a lot.

Who me? :)

We would be honored to have another member here with the skills you have. Once again, welcome Stefan!

I must say, that I meant myself as not one of the 'another' members with the skills you have. We have a few resident members that have great studios/talent to use them. Most of us are just doing what we can, and learning from each other. Having a member here with great ears, and the desire to help others, is immensely appreciated.

Again, welcome to the the forum.

Jimmy

Last edited:
Just signed up and looking for help. Just posted a new thread titled appropriately "HELP". Having major issues hooking up Alesis Multimix 8 firewire to a win 7 computer.

Hey guys and gals just signed up today .studio one 2 newbie looking for insight on cleaning vocals and getting a better sound first home studio .been recording at others for years any insight let me know

Hi everyone!

My name is Holden and I am new posting in the home recording forums but have been taking information from various threads here for years. It isn't until recently that I decided I needed to take a more active roll in these forums and share my knowledge as well as seek knowledge from those here who have much more experience than myself.

I've become serious about recording and mixing because I am opening my home recording studio for business since there are no other places in my town for artists to record. I'm reading a book on how to get the most from your small studio, and it has opened my eyes to the insufficiencies of my studio as well as prompted many questions which I'm seeking answers to here.

Thanks already for your help! I hope to meet many of you here on the forums!

Sincerely,
Holden

Hey Everyone, the name is E'Stylez

Hey, I'm glad to be apart of you guys community. I've been recording and engineering music for about 3 years now. I was all about ProTools until recently using Adobe Audition after ProTools shut down on me for updating my Mac to 10.7.4. I must admit that i actually like Adobe Audition CS6. I have the Blue Reactor Condenser Microphone and M-Audio Fast Track Pro. Any ideas or techniques for getting better sounding vocals, please let me know.

Back