New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Been here a couple of weeks but forgot to introduce myself.
My name is Dave Matthews (yeah I know... not that one...)
I play rhythm guitar in a band. I have become a PRS fanboy. We have wired up our studio for recording now so I am immersing myself into the idea.
Expect numerous questions and some consistent buffoonery.:thumbs up:

Hello all...

I'm an old newbie.

I was formerly known at this site as both The Crappy Beatle, then as Village Idiot.
I'm assuming many of my old friends at this site are gone, but maybe a few remember me.

This site was always dear to my heart, so glad it's still up.
Hoping to post some stuff soon, and I'll look forward to checking out the years of music
all the great folks here have posted that I have missed out on thus far.

Hi all,

been playing guitar few years ago then stopped. Started doing electronic music just recently, definitely inspired by deadmou5 and daft punk.
Currently reading and trying a lot of things at the same time, learning some music theory as well. So far so good! :)

Came here to learn and share, so see you around ;)

Hi all,

I'm Joe and i've just started building a small studio in London. Starting up with a quite basic setup consisting of a Motif xs8, neumann tlm 103, a budget audio interface. Have an isolated recording booth and acoustic panels in the main room to be able to do some mixing.

Hope this is a long and fulfilling adventure full of learning and collaborating.

look forward to seeing where this goes :).

Hello everyone just set up a budget home studio in my garage, complete with a dual twin mattress vocal booth :). Look forward to talking about home recording and all the adventure it brings.

Hello my name is Joris.
I have been playing guitar for as little as two years now, and I've been looking at starting to do some recording stuff with ableton and some old stuff I have lying around from my younger brother. Since I am someone who plays music alone I would like to learn how to record guitar+bass+synth parts into my computer so I Can arrange them for backing tracks etc. My setup is not a setup at all. I have a Korg emx, a kaos pad,Volca Beats, Volca bass, an old modded korg ms10 filter, an akai audio interface and an Olympus ls-14 I use for recording instruments.

I am a complete noob in this aspect and am basically looking for tips, on how to connect everything together so I can get it running into and from my pc.

Prompted to join because , recently all CDRs ( I record hundreds of them ) are dropping off toward the end of the last selection on the disc / list that I'm recording ... I changed my burner from Fast to Slow , & I thought that had fixed the problem. A few recorded OK , but now same thing is happening again (? ) Driving me nuts ! THANKS !

Hi guys !
I'm Rob, I live in Thailand and I'm 24. I've been playing guitar, bass and drum for 11 years now. I played in a French band during 4 years as a bassist. Now I play for fun and want to record my compositions (with all instruments i play) and my wife sing. I hope i will find tips and advice here :)

Hello hello... hello:listeningmusic:

New here, but I've been recording for 9 years and always looking to learn more! I've sort of wandered into random threads on this forum from time to time when looking for solutions to odd problems and it seems like a great spot with lots of knowledgeable and friendly people. Not sure why I didn't start posting sooner...

Tvnewsbadge here, shoot broadcast news for a living and looking to improve my skills with field audio recording and double system sound.

Im more of a video producer...in the KC area...I do live stuff and am lucky to get to shoot at the major venues...and I do things different so Im in demand a little bit...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGSGNLpWLoo
Im hoping to find out more about mastering the sound on the videos I shoot...Ive owned a full service recording business before so I know my way around the studio...

This site looks like an awesome resource. Long time guitar player/song writer, I moved from the Midwest to CA back in the mid 80s with the high hopes of becoming a rock star........ recently started piecing together home recording after 8 years of not playing at all as life just got too busy. Revived passion with the idea of finding satisfaction and keeping it simple and fun. Always looking for constructive criticism. https://www.instagram.com/oexiceman/?hl=en

This site looks like an awesome resource. Long time guitar player/song writer, I moved from the Midwest to CA back in the mid 80s with the high hopes of becoming a rock star........ recently started piecing together home recording after 8 years of not playing at all as life just got too busy. Revived passion with the idea of finding satisfaction and keeping it simple and fun. Always looking for constructive criticism. https://www.instagram.com/oexiceman/?hl=en

It is man. Welcome.

And welcome back into playing again!

I did notice from your videos that your guitar tone is less than desirable. Not ragging on you at all, but I would start working on that first man. :)

First, thanks for taking some time to listen. I totally appreciate the feedback, I have been line recording (can I get decent tone line recording?)and just ordered a SM57 (I put the old in old school) Hoping that will improve on the tone.

Back