New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hey gang, stoked to be joining the forum. Been a musician for almost twenty years now and playing in bands for about ten, but didn't really get a good starter recording rig until recently. I primarily play hardcore punk and math rock, but recently been dipping my toes into noise, jazz, country and electro pop, so pretty much any advice across the board will be a huge help!

First question for the forum, and I feel real dumb with this one, but is there any way to upload a custom avatar? Just perused the profile page for about fifteen minutes with no luck.

Hey gang, stoked to be joining the forum. Been a musician for almost twenty years now and playing in bands for about ten, but didn't really get a good starter recording rig until recently. I primarily play hardcore punk and math rock, but recently been dipping my toes into noise, jazz, country and electro pop, so pretty much any advice across the board will be a huge help!

First question for the forum, and I feel real dumb with this one, but is there any way to upload a custom avatar? Just perused the profile page for about fifteen minutes with no luck.

Welcome!

I believe you do not get the option to change your avatar until 5 or ten posts on the forum. Not exactly sure of the number.

Greetings. Thanks for having me.

I'm Norman, based in Christchurch, UK.

I'm a guitarist, sometimes singer and writer, looking to put some demos of my own stuff together with a view to then forming a band that wants to play original music to an audience just for its own sake. No stars in my eyes or desire to mimic my heroes - I'm too old for that. I've been an artisan performing other people's music for too long. Now I'm trying to see if the original artist is still inside me somewhere.

So, I've put together a home setup and realised how little I know about recording! And the more I record, the more I realise that! I'm struggling with treading that fine line between performing and being your own recording engineer.

Currently using a Mac with Logic, an Audiobox iTwo PreSonus interface, and a couple of inexpensive mics.

Hi all! My name is Matt, and I am looking to learn more about music and audio production. I have some gear and have an idea on what to get next, but I will take any help I can get!

Hi all, been an engineer at home for 10 years, play in bands and starting to do more soundtracks. Here for quality advice and give where i can

g$m

Hey all, name is Benji. I mostly listen to urban music but I'm pretty much into music in general. I just want to make music though. My creativity is whatever the outcome of a project is.

Once again, Hey all! :D

Hello all. I just got my DP24 today. It is sturdy and seems very logical. I have been writing songs for a very long time and have had a Portastudio cassette version. I did have a BOSS BR1600 years ago and it was simple and did a lot but had to sell it. This DP24 unit seems to be at another whole level above that though. I look forward to using it and asking/ giving advice to you all.

Hi,
I'm a longtime guitarist who's spent more time working on my playing chops than my recording chops. Looking to change that :) Nice looking forum!

Hey y'all, looks like a cool site here, lots of stuff happening and I really want to check out the video production thread. I'm a long time musician but not so much with recording and video so it's all good!

Hi, I'm Jeff from Chicago. I'm trying to get a very basic home recording set up going. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro, a Tascam US-1200, and I'm running Sonar.

Looking forward to picking up tips and sharing my limited knowledge.

Hey all,

this is Friedemann Findeisen from Holistic Songwriting (https://www.facebook.com/holisticsongwriting/).

I'm an award-winning songwriter with the highest recommendations from people like Conrad Pope (John
Williams' orchestrator), Erwin Steijlen (Pink, Shakira), Jeff Rona (Traffic, God of War III) & Rene Merkelbach
(Within Temptation).

Just wanted to say hi and that I'm gonna be helping out where I can on this forum. I'll also be posting
some of my blogs if that's ok.

You can listen to some of my music here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRg3DLCHSY

If you have any questions (or just wanna say hi back), lemme know

Hey Guys,

I'm Felipe. I am very new to recording and hopefully all of these threads will be very useful! Would like to get some input from you all about remixes I've made soon. Thank you. =) *Bows

Hello everubody,

I am fab4fab and I am starting at 45 to make some home demos. I have been always into music production but I want to do sometthing at home.
Ciao.
Fab4fab

Hey everybody, my name is Jeff. I've been reading this forum for a little while and decided to join. Lots of great info on here. I'm a hoobyist /at home recording guy/ gear whore looking to hang out with like minded people :eatpopcorn:

Good day to all, my name is Bill. New to the site and since I've been struggling for a couple years how to do this I figured I'd learn from those that came before me. I enjoy almost all forms of musical expression with emphasis on Jazz, although I don't consider myself a Jazz player.
I'm currently using Acoustica's Mixcraft 6 as my recording platform with guitar being my main instrument and I also dabble with bass, drum machine and midi keys. Also just getting into the looping technology craze and it's surprising how few forums I was able to find on looping. Nice to meet you all and I look forward to learning and contributing as well.

hello2.gif
Howdy!

My name is Ed! I'm 47 years old, a guitarist/keyboard composer who's been doing amateur instrumental recordings at home for over 30 years. I've probably tried just about every different type of recording software out there... and I have mastered none of them! :p

I can't believe I've never ran across this site before! I'm happy to have found it now though!

Here's my current setup:

Guitar: my trusty 2003 ('59 re-issue) Gibson Les Paul Custom Wine Red

Other guitar: a nylon string classical guitar that I bought from a homeless guy for $5 back in 1984.

Keyboard/MIDI controller: iKmultimedia iRig Keys Pro 37key (w/ iOS "lightning" interface, as well as USB for PC)

Guitar interface: BOSS ME-80 multieffects pedal and MIDI/USB interface for PC

Other guitar interface: iKmultimedia iRIg HD (iOS "lightning" interface and USB for PC)

PC: Core i7 920 @2.67Ghz/8GB DDR3 @1600Mhz/EVGA X58 SLI LE with onboard REALTEK HD audio*/GTX 970 4GB GPU/250GB SSD/Windows 10 Pro 64bit

* I know this is the weak link in my chain here, but it's worked perfectly at times.. it's the audio driver confusion (ASIO vs ME-80 etc) that gets things all screwy I believe!

Audio/Recording software installed:

Boss Tone Studio for ME-80 - this is the application to download, save, and apply patches to the ME-80, as well as manipulate various MIDI/USB interface options for the PC. This also comes with the audio drivers for Windows 10.

Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 - my favorite guitar sounds! (Sometimes don't know whether to use the ME-80 drivers or the ASIO4ALL drivers with this)

Magix Music Maker 17 - my favorite (and affordable) DAW recording application. Currently having issues with my audio inputs - again ME-80 vs ASIO drivers? I really want to use this for all my multitrack recordings if I can get it working right!

Reason... THOR Synth OMG!

Amplitube 3 & 4 (iKmultimedia)

SampleTank 2 & 3 - tons of MIDI instruments!

iOS: iPad Air 2 with Garage Band - works perfectly with the iRIg Keys Keyboard and the iRig HD guitar interface for recordings. I've got a ton of different apps, synths and guitar amp/effect modeling apps like ToneStack, Amplitube, etc etc

But I'd like to get the stuff on the PC working as nicely! Sadly, it all just "doesn't work" sometimes! The ASIO driver thing is confusing... even for a veteran like me ;)

Any pointers or threads on a setup like mine^^^ would be very appreciated and helpful! Again, I'm thrilled to have found your forums here! Very happy to be here!

Back