New Members: Introduce Yourself Here!

Hi All.

The name's Eddie. I've been playing guitar and piano for over 15 years now and while I feel quite comfortable on all my instruments, I can't say I feel particularly comfortable sitting behind the mixing console. So I'm here looking to learn from you all! You can see my latest video on my signature line to get an idea of my last mix and how I need to improve.

I very much look forward to interacting with and learning from you all! Cheers! :)

Hello everyone!,

My name is Noe, I just joined here. Very new on music production, hope I can learn with all the master here.
Have a time? Please hangout on my place so we could share some beers ;)

Cheers!

Hey guys,

First time forum poster here. I recently started posting songs on my SoundCloud and was really looking to get any feedback. I've been mixing and produces the songs, so multiple ears would be appreciated. Check out my page here:

https://soundcloud.com/albylit

If you enjoy it, help yourself to a free download. Thanks! Have a good one.

I've done most of my recording on reel to reel, so that tells you how far behind i am, lol
Switched to pro tools, and what a learning curve.
But thanks for the forum

Hello, I like writing songs, in fact I like writing songs so much I do every songwriting challenge I can find, but I have to give them up, and move on to recording the songs properly. I have the basic recording equipment, including Ableton Live Intro as my DAW, I just need to change focus and stop writing (or do a bit less) and start recording properly. I'm hoping coming will help me switch focus.

Hi all my name is Steve Im a long time Tascam 2488 user making my transition to pro tools little by little. Thus far Ive acquired a Tascam us1800 because a thread here in my new home NEWBIES said Jimmy thought it good :guitar: that said I have no clue what is next most likely when the 1800 gets here I will need software , another query as again ..LOST I guess I will need an EQ for the rack along with a compressor of sorts ..again LOST... I have an appt to look at a Yamaha MM6 so I may add strings /cello so on .Friday night. I am a long time gtr player who has been to studios a ton and created many home recordings I must say I was very proud of .. Now with my new venture I feel as if Im starting from scratch.. knowledge being my short coming along with equipment lacking I do have the desire to succeed and the help of you good people here to get me through the rough spots ;) Please if there are any mistakes I have made or am about to ..STOP ME as I am at times my worst enemy ! Thanks for being here -Steve

What's good everyone? I'm Chris I'm new around here. I'm a guitarist, 100% metalhead, but respect 95% of all music genres ...looking to expanding my knowledge in recording/producing/mixing etc. Feel free to msg me if u want to :) see ya'll around.

...newbe here, ..Hi everyone! Found this forum while searching for a Tascam 238 Syncaset for either purchasing or accessing. I have a bunch of 8-track cassette recordings that we're wanting to transfer to digital (pro-tools), so thought it'd be a good idea to join.
.... also looks like a pretty cool forum. :D

hi there folks, i´m johnny, the head of the "band" ForTiorI. i write music, i mix, i master, i love doing it and i hope i´ll be able to chime in on some interesting discussions here and perhaps share my experience and help out if possible :D
here´s the kind of stuff i do: https://youtu.be/aV54pc1GcNw?t=20m55s
the vocalist is Brian Wright. he lives in the US while i´m in Germany.
cheers

Hi

Just Joined , I found this exciting and informative site while browsing the Tascam DP 32 SD which I only got

4 days ago.

I may be the oldest member here but music (playing ) is my favourite hobby,

Thanks
Ron

reel to reel

hi my names chris I'm a bus driver working in Glasgow been here 12 years love my music still playing records lol
and just picked up a reel to reel not sure how to use it lol but ive wanted one since I was a kid hello every one

Never Intruduced myself. Old-school gear aficionado. Emu/MP60 and so forth....Threw out my first tracks via CD Baby.

Cheers!
Cameno

Hi! I live in Ukraine, Zaporizhzhya. Played in post-rock and hardcore bands at past. Now I want to start making music by my own.

I interested in a couple of diverse genres. From krautrock, psychedelia, post-punk, shoegaze to dirty tape techno, outsider house, hypnagogic pop, chill wave etc. I still trying to find my self. I love feeling of nostalgia in music, sounds of 80-90s, noises (not extreme-sounding), hypnotic beats and warm of analog hardware. So thats how I became to interested in home recording aesthetics.

Sorry for bad english.

Hey peeps. Just wondering if it's ok to post with a link to my website or a reference website, some forums are dead against promoting yourself, is it the same here? I was gonna post a link in my first post, but thought i would check first.

The Lemon Rocks
Adam

Hey peeps. Just wondering if it's ok to post with a link to my website or a reference website, some forums are dead against promoting yourself, is it the same here? I was gonna post a link in my first post, but thought i would check first.

The Lemon Rocks
Adam

It is against the rules here to promote and post links to your business or any place you generate revenue from. But you can place links in your 'signature line'.

The idea here is that you be a contributing member to the forum. Many of us make money from businesses related to topics in these forums, but proper etiquette and rules of the forum do not allow us to only post as advertisement. The reason this site exists is because of 'paid' advertisements.

There is a 'Marketing Your Music' and thread there ' The SHOW OFF thread'. But you will need to decide if that is relative to your needs. Or whether worth posting there.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for asking! :)

Hey folks, nice place you got here. I recently bought a Microbrute and an SQ-1 and now I'm looking for an audio interface. For a Daw I'll probably use Reaper (if I can get my 'brute to work with it). I know bupkiss about how all this stuff works but this looks like a good place to learn.

Back