Need a mix / mastering for my "We all know" song

Mix Help for We All Know

Hi Thanks for let us do this! It is a Wonderful song, really good
and I have a lot of fun mix it, I'm from Sweden but live in Thailand and it's to hot to be outside
so this is a wonderful bobby ;-)

I Mix in Studio One Pro 2.5 With only S1 standard plugins
So I hope I don't mess it up to much :-)

Best Regard

Tom/
View attachment We All Know v4.mp3 Final version from me

The song is only in 192kb/s but I can make it in Wave

Last edited:
15 hours later...

I have read some of the comments going back and forth trying to get an idea of exactly what you were looking for.
I want to thank you for posting your song. I enjoyed working on it and enjoyed taking the time to give the mix some TLC.
On a previous mix by a different member you said that it was a bit bottom heavy. My mix has more bass than that mix does.
I feel that the mix I did has stunning highs and the (mid) lows complement the song. I took a look at a multimeter and a correlation meter in the mastering process and am pleased to say that the mix is harmonically balanced. I also felt the need to trim down some (silent and fading) fat. I feel that this made for amazing sounding transitions.

What are your thoughts? Also: IF you like the mix PM me your email and I will send you a lossless bounce as well as a higher quality MP3.View attachment We All Know-Einar Høiland.mp3

I have read some of the comments going back and forth trying to get an idea of exactly what you were looking for.
I want to thank you for posting your song. I enjoyed working on it and enjoyed taking the time to give the mix some TLC.
On a previous mix by a different member you said that it was a bit bottom heavy. My mix has more bass than that mix does.
I feel that the mix I did has stunning highs and the (mid) lows complement the song. I took a look at a multimeter and a correlation meter in the mastering process and am pleased to say that the mix is harmonically balanced. I also felt the need to trim down some (silent and fading) fat. I feel that this made for amazing sounding transitions.

What are your thoughts? Also: IF you like the mix PM me your email and I will send you a lossless bounce as well as a higher quality MP3.View attachment 82047

You flattened this song with limiting there are absolutely no dynamics after about 2:00, can't always trust metering, have to use your ears. Correlation meters show phase relationships not harmonic balance.

Hi Thanks for let us do this! It is a Wonderful song, really good
and I have a lot of fun mix it, I'm from Sweden but live in Thailand and it's to hot to be outside
so this is a wonderful bobby ;-)

I Mix in Studio One Pro 2.5 With only S1 standard plugins
So I hope I don't mess it up to much :-)

Best Regard

Tom/
View attachment 81795 Final version from me

The song is only in 192kb/s but I can make it in Wave

Hi. this mix is no worse or better then all the rest of the mixes i have gotten, The response has been way over my expectations, and im having a hard time telling one from another.
But many thanks for you effort.
I still havent gotten the perfect mix, and i think this has mostly to do with somewhat crappy recording/producing.

Anyway, many thanks for you effort.

-einar-

What are your thoughts? Also: IF you like the mix PM me your email and I will send you a lossless bounce as well as a higher quality MP3.View attachment 82047

Hi.

Thanks for having a try at my song.
I think u mix is a lot to heavy in the bottom. I could easily blow some speakers with this mix. You also have some wired gate`ish stuff going on in parts with silence.
Anyway, thanks for the try.

-einar-

i made another version

Hi
Nice version. I couple of things thou:

1. The main voice is abit "in your face", maybe tame it a bit with some compresson..?
2. The sung choir could be a bit more audiable
3. The base is to loud, not much....

-einar-

Hi.

I liked this version best....... if u now could just lover the sologuitar a bit after the "today", it will be nice....I mean, im having a hard time hearing the "duo solo-guitar" (english issent quite my native language :o:o , so something is to loud.....

best regards
-einar-

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Here is my revised mix.

made what you wanted (don't know if not too much)

Hi. It was i really nice version. My only consern is that the voice drown a litle, when the el guitar and full drums kick in. I think the el guitars and drums ar a bit to lound. Also, i think u have misplaced the "ekstra" guitar trak at secound verse.....its out of sync....

-einar-

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. Here is my revised mix.

Hi.

Really good mix. The only thing is the overeagerly auto-tune on voice at 3:58............. What do you use....?
And another thing; the doubbling of main voice is cool, but do you have to spreed them so wide....? mabye its all a matter of taste, but i get "confused" of it......Iv read some where that all artificial effect should be used, if not inteded as a factor, softly, barely noticeable............

-einar-

Hi.

Really good mix. The only thing is the overeagerly auto-tune on voice at 3:58............. What do you use....?
And another thing; the doubbling of main voice is cool, but do you have to spreed them so wide....? mabye its all a matter of taste, but i get "confused" of it......Iv read some where that all artificial effect should be used, if not inteded as a factor, softly, barely noticeable............

-einar-

I grouped all backing vocals together and used a chorus effect, that is why it is wide sounding. I used Melodyne to fix the pitch of the vocals. What word(s) are over-corrected to you? It might be a phasing issue between the two vocal parts. Thanks for the listen and feedback.

Back