Need a mix / mastering for my "We all know" song

I grouped all backing vocals together and used a chorus effect, that is why it is wide sounding. I used Melodyne to fix the pitch of the vocals. What word(s) are over-corrected to you? It might be a phasing issue between the two vocal parts. Thanks for the listen and feedback.

Hi.
Just check out 3: 59

-einar-

Hi Einar,
The objective in my mix was to add depth and warmth to the solo voice, while preserving the acoustic arrange and tonal quality of the song. Moreover, some tips in the mix add an extra dimension making it a less predictable arrange, as usually happens with acoustic songs.
A new eq vision for the drums, make them sound more contemporary, without lacking the intimate atmosphere of the whole song.

Attachments

• we all know remastered.mp3
    7.9 MB · Views: 16
Hi Einar,
The objective in my mix was to add depth and warmth to the solo voice, while preserving the acoustic arrange and tonal quality of the song. Moreover, some tips in the mix add an extra dimension making it a less predictable arrange, as usually happens with acoustic songs.
A new eq vision for the drums, make them sound more contemporary, without lacking the intimate atmosphere of the whole song.

Hi.

It sure was an intresting approach........... cant deside if its cool ore lame....gonna give it some more listening now and then...just to see if it grows on me.
Anyway, Thanks

-einar-

Hi again,
I understand your point of view.
My approach was done after listening carefully to your mix and several more posted on the thread.
I wondered why if the song was good, the voice was reasonably well recorded, the instrumentation had been chosen carefully, and the global arrangement was done properly, however the mix did´nt work!
In my humble opinion (not so humble as I give my opinion), the problem comes to drums. Theoretically the marching drums, the tranquil bass drum and rim.shot, so acoustic, should add character like a film score music, BUT, are not recorded with that intention and they lack some definition to work in conjunction.

Another consideration was the fact that bass line comes into the mid song, so it gives plenty of room for a voice eq with more bass presence. If you compare the richness of the voice in the mix with previous versions, you´ll agree with me.

These aspects make an almost radically different approach to the mix, and probably put you in the doubt of cool or lame.
Anyhow we are speaking of a matter of taste and subjectivity, but I think that should help you this question: does the mix WORKS?

Kind regards,

JC

Hi again,
I understand your point of view.
My approach was done after listening carefully to your mix and several more posted on the thread.
I wondered why if the song was good, the voice was reasonably well recorded, the instrumentation had been chosen carefully, and the global arrangement was done properly, however the mix did´nt work!
In my humble opinion (not so humble as I give my opinion), the problem comes to drums. Theoretically the marching drums, the tranquil bass drum and rim.shot, so acoustic, should add character like a film score music, BUT, are not recorded with that intention and they lack some definition to work in conjunction.

Another consideration was the fact that bass line comes into the mid song, so it gives plenty of room for a voice eq with more bass presence. If you compare the richness of the voice in the mix with previous versions, you´ll agree with me.

These aspects make an almost radically different approach to the mix, and probably put you in the doubt of cool or lame.
Anyhow we are speaking of a matter of taste and subjectivity, but I think that should help you this question: does the mix WORKS?

Kind regards,

JC

Hi.

You have pointed out some real problems......
The biggest mistake I did, was to create this song in 3/4 beat. I recorded the most of it before giving it bass and drums......nightmare ! I use steinbergs virtual bassists and ez drummer, and they hated the 3/4 beat.

Will never do that again !

-einar-

Nice point the way drums we're recorded (they sound very ez drummer by default)! The bass is a problem too (in my case i recorded a real bass, however with no real bass i think it would affect even more the final quality of the mix). Guitars also could sound more organic. Anyway, just some ideas. However i think you can give some ideas of what you want or expect of the mix by giving some examples or reference tracks. It would help also. (I know sometimes it's hard to describe the sound we're looking for :) )

Hi Einar.
I've listened to just about all the mixes here, and your comments on them, so I built this mix with the idea of the vocal being the single person in the center with a message and everything else building around it as the song progresses (the other people joining the singers view) hope you like it.

View attachment we all know ZHS.mp3

Hi Einar.
I've listened to just about all the mixes here, and your comments on them, so I built this mix with the idea of the vocal being the single person in the center with a message and everything else building around it as the song progresses (the other people joining the singers view) hope you like it.

View attachment 83172

Hi.

Many thanks. It wa a really nice mix. I liked it alot. If i could have changed something, it would have been; The rimshot is a bit to low.....jus a tad. The snare is mabye a bit to dry, again, a tad....it is offcourse a matter of taste.

Anyway, thanks

-einar-

Here is my mix with new bass and drums
The song has such a strong message I didn't want them to get in the way of that.

Attachments

• We all know_ song.mp3
    3.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Here is my mix with new bass and drums
The song has such a strong message I didn't want them to get in the way of that.

Hi.
Its a really nice version of the song. Enjoyed it alot. it starts of somewhat into the song, intended...?

-einar-

Hi.
Its a really nice version of the song. Enjoyed it alot. it starts of somewhat into the song, intended...?

-einar-
View attachment We all know_ 2.mp3View attachment We all know_ 2.mp3
Thanks, glad you liked it.
I introduced the drums and bass in later in the song because I was trying to follow the original arrangement.
I have done a quick arrangement with the rhythm section coming in earlier it needs a bit more work so feel free to offer any suggestions.

Back