Lets solve the worlds problems.

You see that little laughing smiley face on his Thorax? It glows while he stings you, such bastards.

It is more than kind of stupid. I have a history of stupid threads. I myself am not very bright. No one is fighting, so it is helping save the world.
I woke up this morning and the bee stings still hurt.

Well in that case, we’re progressing nicely

I found the bees next. Should I exact revenge and kill them all? Pour a little gasoline in that hole in the ground. It would be like
the bombing of Dresden in 45. I don't think I have it in me?

I found the bees next. Should I exact revenge and kill them all? Pour a little gasoline in that hole in the ground. It would be like
the bombing of Dresden in 45. I don't think I have it in me?
I know I'd take 'em out.
Honey bees? No I'd leave them alone.
Wasps? Yup... out!

I know I'd take 'em out.
Honey bees? No I'd leave them alone.
Wasps? Yup... out!
I trespassed on their territory, they were minding their own business when I showed up. They are over a hundred yards from the house up in my field. I think I will leave them there. Now that I know where they are I can just avoid them.

Last edited:
I trespassed on there territory, they were minding their own business when I showed up. They are over a hundred yards from the house up in my field. I think I will leave them there. Now that I know where they are I can just avoid them.
Fair enough. Hopefully they won't cause you any additional pain.:-)

Wasp or Yellow Jacket sting on one hand, or chiggers on the other, feet, ankles, legs, ass, stomach back and shoulders, I think I might rather take the sting. Misery. You can't even see the little bastards until they've got you.

Did I mention they burrow under the skin and just hang out there for about a week or so? Laughing. Oh yeah, they're laughing, that teensy weensy chigger laugh.

Wasp or Yellow Jacket sting on one hand, or chiggers on the other, feet, ankles, legs, ass, stomach back and shoulders, I think I might rather take the sting. Misery. You can't even see the little bastards until they've got you.
Can't say I've experienced chiggers... yet...
Sounds like I don't wanna.

Can't say I've experienced chiggers... yet...
Sounds like I don't wanna.

Oh, you'd know it if you do. In the old days people would paint it with nail polish. Still can, or ChiggerRid. It's like a glue, smothers 'em or something. Problematic however, depending on the location. Can glue the hairs on your ass cheeks together. Or your balls to your leg, which is fun. Good times.

Also, if you're going to burn things, if you fancy having eyebrows, don't use gasoline. Play it safe, use kerosene. It's a slow(er) burner.

I have no questions and no answers. On top of that I am now 71, don't have enough time and frankly, I don't give a damn. We reap what we sow.
Eventually habitability and survival will be necessity and the future generations will be cursing our generations and those before us for not acting sooner. We live in a greedy, competitive, lazy, spoiled society that consumes with an insatiable appetite for more consumption. How to solve this and forcibly so is going to take a global natural or man-made disaster, the former being inevitable, the latter we are already actively nurturing.

We wont be satisfied until we have driven every species into extinction and the planet is paved over. I'm old and don't have much longer to go. Best of luck to to all you . youngins. I have sounded the alarm since around 15, 55 years ago. Not many listened or cared then and they still don't

Also, if you're going to burn things, if you fancy having eyebrows, don't use gasoline. Play it safe, use kerosene. It's a slow(er) burner.
My first job in the automotive field was at a fleet distributor. The FOH was selling parts and supplies to fleets and the BOH was a combo Sand & Gravel/Automotive Salvage Yard. One of my duties was to cut the tops off (empty) 55 Gal drums to be used to hold parts cores - starters, alternators, brake shoes, clutches, etc.

One morning, after removing drum tops with a torch, I decided to clean up the area. There was a bunch of cardboard and other paper products lying about. I scooped it all up and threw it into an empty drum. Then I poured a quart of gasoline on it and tossed a match in. That went off like a Howitzer - straight up in the air about 20 FT, and me straight sideways. . . about 10 FT onto my. . plumber's crack. There went my eyebrows.

I often imagine explosions like that occurring tens of thousands of times in each cylinder of my car's engine as I'm driving, and wondering how it can survive years of such exposure. Just a thought. . .

My first job in the automotive field was fix the goddamned car cause you can't afford a mechanic and you have to go to work. So, out of necessity, a back yard mechanic was born. The libraries used to have all the Chiltons and Haynes manual, I borrowed enough of them . Not anymore. Luckily in my job it was necessary to have basically the same tools needed and more, and that I had the aptitude and a life long hate of engineers to keep me going.

My first job in the automotive field was at a fleet distributor. The FOH was selling parts and supplies to fleets and the BOH was a combo Sand & Gravel/Automotive Salvage Yard. One of my duties was to cut the tops off (empty) 55 Gal drums to be used to hold parts cores - starters, alternators, brake shoes, clutches, etc.

One morning, after removing drum tops with a torch, I decided to clean up the area. There was a bunch of cardboard and other paper products lying about. I scooped it all up and threw it into an empty drum. Then I poured a quart of gasoline on it and tossed a match in. That went off like a Howitzer - straight up in the air about 20 FT, and me straight sideways. . . about 10 FT onto my. . plumber's crack. There went my eyebrows.

I often imagine explosions like that occurring tens of thousands of times in each cylinder of my car's engine as I'm driving, and wondering how it can survive years of such exposure. Just a thought. . .

Pretty remarkable, huh.

Yeah, fire is cool, but can be scary stuff. The occasional unpleasant experience with the stuff can renew your appreciation for guys who take on as an occupation battling it. It ain't all sitting in a fire house shooting the shit and cooking large vats of spaghetti for all your pals.

Last year when I moved here out in the country I wanted to establish paths through the woods. I knew it was a possibility, however.....This spring the forest floor had become covered in leaves from the fall drop. From fall to spring, dry leaves. Dry leaves that covered the paths I had forged. This will not do, something must be done. So once again I fired up the ol' John Deere lawn tractor and set out to conquer & mold mother nature to suit my desires. As mysteriously happens 'roung these parts a sizable rock sought to cease my venture. Climbing off said contraption of utility I removed the rock and placed it under a tree for future consideration to my will...it was a nice rock, as far as rocks go. Oh, look, I says to myself. Plowing my way through the untamed forest and its sheltering canopy, a mound of leaves had gathered in resistance under the framework of my chariot of domestication. With one swoop of a hand I partially cleared the obstruction. In doing so I allowed airflow under the carriage. Mother nature sought a resistance , a reckoning, in the form of Fire(!). Dry leaves, hot engine, bad juju. I boarded said contraption and quickly threw it in reverse, more Fire(!), bright orange, yellow, trickling off in every direction. No time to attempt to fetch water I commenced to kicking away to form a fire break, vibrating in fear I would burn to the ground the entire county. I stood silently, a tad weak at the knees, watching, monitoring until the remainder of the leaves was consumed, by Fire(!). My guess is the paths forged are now reclaimed by wilderness. Only the ticks, chiggers, and beasts of the wood know for sure.

I was outta weed. The kitten is trying to get something out of my shoe that has been sitting next to the coffee table. She finally gets it out. I check to see what she was after, two nice buds lol. She is doing her part to save the world and make up for chewing through all my light pipes.

Last edited:
Back