Lets solve the worlds problems.

Well, judging by the input you are putting into the gardening thread, I’d say you’re doing a damn fine job. :-)

I won't clog up this thread with gardening stuff. However I had a thought. Yeah, lookout, I had a thought. Maybe seemingly a little on the whacky side, but makes sense, it's gotta be true!...

If you have houseplants, in an enclosed area within your home, it can be beneficial to talk or better yet sing to your plants. As you sing to your plants you exhale CO2. I doubt they give a damn whether you can carry a tune or not, just sing. Oh man, that's a beautiful thing. Better yet, whistle! What's the one with the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, If I Only Had A Brain? Oh yeah, that's a good tune to whistle. :D

Reactions: RFR
I won't clog up this thread with gardening stuff. However I had a thought. Yeah, lookout, I had a thought. Maybe seemingly a little on the whacky side, but makes sense, it's gotta be true!...

If you have houseplants, in an enclosed area within your home, it can be beneficial to talk or better yet sing to your plants. As you sing to your plants you exhale CO2. I doubt they give a damn whether you can carry a tune or not, just sing. Oh man, that's a beautiful thing. Better yet, whistle! What's the one with the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, If I Only Had A Brain? Oh yeah, that's a good tune to whistle. :D
Many people do exactly that. Some think it’s some hippy dippy good vibes kind of thing, but it’s actually like you say..... it feeds them CO 2.

Which leads me to an example. I dated this chick that had one plant. Yes, only one. A cute southern girl with an accent like Daisy Duke. She’d talk to and sing to her plant. She’ say hello to it when she came home and goodbye to it when she left. She was pretty hippy.

She named him Robert . Let that sink in. :-)

Last edited:
Many people do exactly that. Some think it’s some hippy dippy good vibes kind of thing, but it’s actually like you say..... it feeds them CO 2.

Which leads me to an example. I dated this chick that had one plant. Yes, only one. A cute southern girl with an accent like Daisy Duke. She’d talk to and sing to her plant. She’ say hello to it when she came home and goodbye to it when she left. She was pretty hippy.

She named him Robert . Let that sink in. :-)

I've dated one of them cute southern girls with an accent before(several in fact). Everytime I'd say something like that she'd say, "well bless your heart". In hindsight I think that was sweet southern girl speak for "are you retarded or what? Honey, next time you have a thought, just let it go. Just let it go."

• Haha
One of her favorite sayings was “Oh, Lordy” Add in an eye roll, and you knew she was letting you know you were being idiotic. :LOL:

Last edited:
One of her favorite sayings was “Oh, Lordy” Add in an eye roll, and you knew she was letting you know you were being idiotic. :LOL:
That describes my southern Virginia born grandmother to a T. Bless her heart.

From the lyrics, you can tell this song is OLD.

I played a folk club a few weeks in a row. The owner told me I couldn't sing this. He had a complaint about a word in it (I believe appropriately used) the week before. The worst thing in the world is to tell me "You can't do that." I played it. It got applause, and I got banned. It destroyed me. That, and my lack of talent.

It fits this thread

Youtube has threatened to censure me and close down my channel for hate speech lol.
This should go a long way to solving the worlds problems.

I wondered if it would be possible to beef these up a bit and design and fit wind turbines in them They march all over the country already and
more are being built. Or solar panels. They could feed the grid directly? This is a standard design among others. I could see a wind turbine
or solar panels sitting in the middle of these? I though about this a long time ago but never really looked to see if it would be feasible. They
wouldn't be huge but what they lacked in size they could make up in quantity?
pylon.jpg

I had another stupid idea. If I were to put a roller in the road even to the surface and a car drove over it?..
You could put them in highways, connect them to either AC or DC generators and every time a car passed
over they would be spun and generate electricity. There are a lot of cars out there on the highways. I was looking
at the tall buildings they were building in Houston back in the day and I saw huge heat sinks that could generate
electricity. The motion of the ocean has plenty of potential. I had a lot of other ideas to generate power but I am
too stupid for my shirt.

I wondered if it would be possible to beef these up a bit and design and fit wind turbines in them They march all over the country already and
more are being built. Or solar panels. They could feed the grid directly? This is a standard design among others. I could see a wind turbine
or solar panels sitting in the middle of these? I though about this a long time ago but never really looked to see if it would be feasible. They
wouldn't be huge but what they lacked in size they could make up in quantity?
View attachment 131829
I see mentions of people contemplating integrating turbines into electrical towers but clearly there's a reason it hasn't become a reality. Big windmill-style turbines obviously aren't going to work, they'd have to be a different kind of turbine - I'm guessing the cost/output numbers don't work out favorably.

This is from 2009.

Everytime a semi passes through an underpass, lots of wind to generate electricity. They are moving through at 50-80 mph dragging that nice steady wind along with them? Once again I am not schooled in the facts of size verses quantity or the feasibility.

There are no solutions. Only compromises. Nobody wants to compromise, and politicians want to get elected on promises of "solving" problems they can't solve and can't compromise on, because red team/blue team dynamics don't reward compromise. Getting tired of all this winning?

People get what they vote for.

There are no solutions. Only compromises. Nobody wants to compromise, and politicians want to get elected on promises of "solving" problems they can't solve and can't compromise on, because red team/blue team dynamics don't reward compromise. Getting tired of all this winning?

I vote third party and never get anything.

Interesting, and one might say telling that you would quote Donald Trump, "winning". There is no compromise with the Left, the Democrat party. We could all get along if you would just agree with me is not a compromise, it's an ultimatum. An or else, with the goalpost being perpetually moved further towards the left, and radicalism, by necessity. It's in part to place the Right in the position of, how is it you put it, being the "opposition" party. Division is the Democrat party's brand, grievance peddling. Being nice and to acquiesce means nothing. It is to surrender to terms which are forever changing, terms that can never be met, for the purpose of "winning". One could accurately say to divide and conquer. You can't compromise with these people. They would never allow it, and why should we/I?

How would you propose to compromise with this? Sure, it's tacky, but I don't think that's the grievance expressed in suggesting to burn the place down, expressed by the official Twitter account of the Democrat party.

Back