let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Here's my new rig, made the custom desk to try to streamline workflow.
Room acoustics is next on the agenda.
Any advice or tips are welcome!

Nov 13th 13 014.JPG
Nov 13th 13 015.JPG
Nov 13th 13 015.JPG
Nov 13th 13 023.JPG

The 4x12 Cab is going in the garage and the desk will be centered.
Need to know how far away from the back wall the desk & speakers should be.
Will be building sound panels using covered 2" OC glass, maybe a cloud.
Once again any ideas are welcome, Thanks!

Nov 13th 13 045.JPG

Last edited:
Do you like Charvels by any chance? Haha

Desk looks great! OC 703 will improve your room - it was a noticable difference in mine. Looks like you are on the right track.

Do you like Charvels by any chance? Haha

Desk looks great! OC 703 will improve your room - it was a noticable difference in mine. Looks like you are on the right track.

Thanks for the props!!

Yes, I love those made in Japan Charvel.
The craftsmen at the old "Gaki" factory made some of the finest "shred" guitars.
A friend of mine had an old Charvel "Model 1A" (basically a MIJ Strat copy with a compound radius neck & jumbo frets) and after playing it for a weekend, my Les Paul & Strats had to go! lol

Started some of the acoustic treatment panels, I can already hear the monitors better.
Can't wait until they're all up. :-)

7.JPG

Last edited:
here's my current setup, I've just sold the KRK monitors though so will be without monitors for at least 3 weeks before I can afford the Neumann KH120's...can't wait for that day. Also this is my first post so thought I'd say hello and introduce myself!

View attachment 83758

regards,

Ben.

Here's mine, I'm still a bit of newbie so I've not got a major setup as of yet :D I want to do something about my monitor placement, the right one is too close to the wall and the left one is in front of a window, not good but nothing can be done at the moment :(

photo.JPG

Very Nice!
What are the dimensions of this room?
It is generally best if your monitors are positioned to point down the longest dimension of the room.

---------------------------------

/

\

---------------------------------

I'd suggest pulling the desk back about 1 ft. away from your mounted acoustic panels.
I'd also suggest 4" thick absorbers behind the monitors and in corners.
There is a lot of absorber Info in this forum so use the search field.

Yes, in fact I am!
Just trying to see if there could be a better way to position your set-up in your room.

The Video Link is for everyone.

Although it's hard to see in the photo below, I have my desk pulled away about 1 ft back.
I also have 8' deep absorbers behind my desk.
86a3e205e114133ede8fdd05da614e6c.png

Same is true with my friends desk below.
89537e7ee36cb7be01d333b7de047800.jpg

Sorry mate I couldn't tell hahaha. I would but my room is arranged in a way that it just can't be done unfortunately otherwise I would. It's a bedroom rather than a dedicated space. I might be able to pull it away a few inches and get an absorber on the wall behind the right monitor but I've still got the window to deal with on the left side.

I've not measured the room either, it's really not the greatest for acoustics unfortunately but it's all I can do at the moment.

Last edited:
New Studio

My wife and I have been working on this since Aug 19th

Attachments

• Recording-room_DSC0025web.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 604
  • IMG_5530.JPG
    IMG_5530.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 624
My First Post Here

Hi all!
I've been stalking around here and learning many things, but this is my first contribution. My 'studio' began as a way to consolidate when I moved from a house with a huge bay window and living room where I had my instruments spread out, into a smaller house, while preparing to marry. My wife plays the harp, I play the double bass, which both take up a bit of room in the living room, and I figured she'd like a little room for herself.
I took the living room closet and designed and built in the keyboards, amps, and gear as best I could, changing from big speakers and a powered mixer to powered studio monitors to fit the space. Over the past couple of years I have started down the road of recording and mixing, and so I redesigned my space - treated the walls as best as I could (yes I realize that monitors in corners is not good, as well as in a closet, but with the room settings on the monitors I do ok for my budget and the space available), am slowly building up a mic locker, and rewired everything for both simplicity and flexibility.
So far I'm enjoying the space, and we'll see what the future holds!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I hope these photos uploaded correctly, here goes!....

monitor update

I got new studio monitors over christmas/new year, the neumann KH120a's and am loving them so far!: View attachment 84304

View attachment 84305 here's the amp's I use for recording, a Fender Champ 600, Vox VR30, Marshall VS15R and Orange PPC112 cab loaded with a celestion G12H55 speaker. The idea is, I have a 6, 8 10 and 12" speakers to choose from, all have their own sound and I also mod all my amps to much higher spec, the champ 600 sounds particularly good for recording even though it's only a 6" speaker.

Ok here's my studio ... it's a bit of a cheapo compared to the other ones I see pictured here but this is all I got! There's the analogue section at the left, with the Tascam 308 mixer as the best part, and the digital section right, with Ardour running on a MacBook. I even built the table myself and the stands for the speakers.
Studio201312.jpg

Back