let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Hi all!
I've been stalking around here and learning many things, but this is my first contribution. My 'studio' began as a way to consolidate when I moved from a house with a huge bay window and living room where I had my instruments spread out, into a smaller house, while preparing to marry. My wife plays the harp, I play the double bass, which both take up a bit of room in the living room, and I figured she'd like a little room for herself.
I took the living room closet and designed and built in the keyboards, amps, and gear as best I could, changing from big speakers and a powered mixer to powered studio monitors to fit the space. Over the past couple of years I have started down the road of recording and mixing, and so I redesigned my space - treated the walls as best as I could (yes I realize that monitors in corners is not good, as well as in a closet, but with the room settings on the monitors I do ok for my budget and the space available), am slowly building up a mic locker, and rewired everything for both simplicity and flexibility.
So far I'm enjoying the space, and we'll see what the future holds!
View attachment 84254View attachment 84255View attachment 84256

I hope these photos uploaded correctly, here goes!....

Wow, wild-looking pedal board you got there! I assume all the switches are for A/B-ing the pedals above?

Hey MJB,
The lower pedal board (the maple one) is actually a midi bass pedal board I built so I can loop my guitar, sing over top, and play bass lines with my feet. It's only an octave, I've got a 32 pedal AGO board that's been in my basement 3/4 built for years, one day I'll finish that and be able to play more melodically with heel toe technique. For now this one works well - I run it through a Yamaha tone generator and have a few bass sounds programmed, as well as a few organs in 5ths. Things can get fun with a looper, both midi and regular guitar, vocal harmonizer, and bass pedals all going at once! I don't play as much now, and am enjoying learning the engineering side of things a bit now.

Can anybody recommend any sort of acoustic treatment I could do with the placement of my desk? Picture on previous page.

Can anybody recommend any sort of acoustic treatment I could do with the placement of my desk? Picture on previous page.

Can you move it to the left? The right monitor is backing into a corner - never good. Bass trap the whole wall/window, and you'll no doubt need bass traps in the corners behind you when you are sitting at the desk.

I didnt go through all 300 pages, but anyone else not even got a desk and chair to sit at? I have to sit on a sofa with my laptop...not very spacious in here...

My new portable recording studio:

redneck_rv.jpg

:D

Actually I'm going to start on a very modest one before too long, and I'm using many pictures in this thread for ideas and typical setups. Awesome thread! :thumbs up:

Just an update on my home studio, I will be 18 soon... which means im closer to being able to move out... which means im closer to not having to keep this all bedroom restricted :D.

Anyway, check the pics

Hope you like what you see, taken alot of hard work to get where I am!​

PS: check out my website for some recordings: www.joshfriend.co.uk

:cool:

So, this guy turned 18, moved out, and "made it".

Here he is now, Josh aka technominds aka the guy in Modestep.

Updated pics since I got drums crammed in here now. Still need a couple more mics and a new interface in order to record said drums.

DSCN6143_zps37a1e110.jpg

DSCN6144_zpsff3f4e0b.jpg

DSCN6155_zpscb5ed0de.jpg

DSCN6165_zps5e7eea3a.jpg

DSCN6160_zpsff7d30fd.jpg

DSCN6154_zps1c048e90.jpg

DSCN6170_zps3634e8f1.jpg

DSCN6179_zpse1a4bf85.jpg

I've got a Dot Studio just like that!
Looks like you are ready to do some room treatment now.

I love that guitar, pretty good sounding for the price IMO.

Yes, treatment is on my list, first is a new interface though and then Im going to build some stuff for treatment. All in good time hopefully.

I've lurked since March 2013, looking at everyone's studios. This is my first post and here is my humble assemblage.

Filteredwaters

Attachments

• Studio 1 Use.JPG
    Studio 1 Use.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 453
  • PIC_0024.JPG
    PIC_0024.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 448
  • Drums 1 Use.JPG
    Drums 1 Use.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 445
Back