let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
My new portable recording studio:
redneck_rv.jpg

:D
Actually I'm going to start on a very modest one before too long, and I'm using many pictures in this thread for ideas and typical setups. Awesome thread! :thumbs up:
I love the truck!
Good luck with the Studio.
Bob G.

I've got a couple of preamps, a drum set, a bunch of guitars, some mics and other stuff lying around but I can't really use them in this apartment due to paper thin walls. I'm gonna have to find another place to live. So here's what it looks like today:

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

So, this guy turned 18, moved out, and "made it".

Here he is now, Josh aka technominds aka the guy in Modestep.

By the original set up at 18 I think you could see this dude was serious he also has a brother nt sure if older or younger..another question is..the Gold record up on the wall in his bedroom studio...was he already connected? All I know is the dude puts out some dubstep that seems to be pretty happening...love seeing someone driven with a dream get to live it...

By the original set up at 18 I think you could see this dude was serious he also has a brother nt sure if older or younger..another question is..the Gold record up on the wall in his bedroom studio...was he already connected? All I know is the dude puts out some dubstep that seems to be pretty happening...love seeing someone driven with a dream get to live it...

I might be blind, but I don't see a whole lot of acoustic treatment there except the bass traps in the corners..?

My old setup which I enjoyed very much. Sold the house a couple years ago and have not yet built anything new.

Old setup

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5372.jpg

IMG_5379.jpg

IMG_5378.jpg

My new studio

ATH-M50-1-300x200.jpg

My small home-portable setup. I'm moving out of the apartment in a few weeks so I didn't want to invest in sound treatment.
DSCF4284.JPG
DSCF4282.JPG

You should at least move it away from the corner. EDIT: Looks good though! How is that Empress working out for you?

I know I should move it away from the corner but it's good enough for now until I move out.
The superdelay is great. Really really nice delay but the only thing that sucks is the trails or lack of trails. But the sound is great. It's one of the best in my collection (DD-20, RE-20, Yamaha UD - Stomp, ZOOM MS70 CDR...).

I know I should move it away from the corner but it's good enough for now until I move out.
The superdelay is great. Really really nice delay but the only thing that sucks is the trails or lack of trails. But the sound is great. It's one of the best in my collection (DD-20, RE-20, Yamaha UD - Stomp, ZOOM MS70 CDR...).

Cool, I've been wanting to try that one for quite some time. I just like the Strymon too much to ever want to sell it.

How are those isoacoustic monitor stands working out for you? I've been considering them for a while.

I love 'em.
I had been using the Auralex MoPads for a while.

These are a lot less of a hassle to set up, they feel more secure, and while I haven't noticed much of a difference between MoPads at loud volumes, at quiet volumes I hear more clarity in the sound.

They also let me take full advantage of desk real estate :D

I love 'em.
I had been using the Auralex MoPads for a while.

These are a lot less of a hassle to set up, they feel more secure, and while I haven't noticed much of a difference between MoPads at loud volumes, at quiet volumes I hear more clarity in the sound.

They also let me take full advantage of desk real estate :D

Awesome. I'm definitely getting those.

Back