let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 185 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.5%

• Total voters
Can't remember if I've posted pics since updating/arranging some stuff, so here's my little 'dungeon'. ;)

New additions not in the pics: Yamaha NS-A60X (used as midfields), Novation SL25 ReMote and a JL Cooper MCS3 Jog/Shuttle. There's also a Yamaha A4000 sampler and a Roland TD7 kit stuffed in there somewhere...

new01.jpg

new02.jpg

new03.jpg

new04.jpg

new05.jpg

new06a.jpg

new07.jpg

Mics are:
MXL V77 Tube, AKG C414XLS, AKG C1000s, AT4040, AT3035, SP-C1, Naiant MSH-1's & MSH-10's, Sennheiser E604's, AKG D112, Shure Beta52a, MXL 604s, Audix D1 and the "usual suspects" of 57's & 58's ;)

Can't remember if I've posted pics since updating/arranging some stuff, so here's my little 'dungeon'. ;)

New additions not in the pics: Yamaha NS-A60X (used as midfields), Novation SL25 ReMote and a JL Cooper MCS3 Jog/Shuttle. There's also a Yamaha A4000 sampler and a Roland TD7 kit stuffed in there somewhere...

new01.jpg

new02.jpg

new03.jpg

new04.jpg

new05.jpg

new06a.jpg

new07.jpg

Mics are:
MXL V77 Tube, AKG C414XLS, AKG C1000s, AT4040, AT3035, SP-C1, Naiant MSH-1's & MSH-10's, Sennheiser E604's, AKG D112, Shure Beta52a, MXL 604s, Audix D1 and the "usual suspects" of 57's & 58's ;)

Has a real mad scientist look about it. And I mean that in a good way!!!

these are all so amazing
you guys would puke if i showed you what I call a studio:p

https://homerecording.com/bbs/album.php?albumid=6&pictureid=21

Mine wasn't glamorous when I started either. Well, it still isn't now actually... :D Before that pic, I was recording shit with a PC sound card, and a PA to mix it on.. Studios evolve, they dont start out awesome! My mixing 'desk' is still made out of 2x4's and plywood, altho the gear is a little better now....

Thats a gorgeous rack, u make that yourself? Looks totally custom, nice analog setup! :)

Thank You very much! To answer your question, yes and no. The equipment rack I bought from a radio station that I have gotten a lot of good stuff from. As far as the desk itself, the top came with the rack and my bass player built the pedestal to sit the top on. I think it's solid oak because it weighs a ton. Not bad for $50.00 Also in the pic is the Otari MTR-10 (that works) that I paid $50.00 for with manual, extender card, and remote.

Here's my simple studio where I make simple music.

picture32g.jpg

picture33g.jpg

For electronic music, especially mine, it's pretty much all that's necessary, although I plan on buying a mixer and having it all plugged up to one track.
Also, I record into the PortaStudio over there. The laptop's simply for drumbeats.

Do you use any of those SIAB (Studio In A Box) as a daw controller? Such as the Roladn VS and I'm not sure whats sitting on your desk a Zoom or sumthing

Do you use any of those SIAB (Studio In A Box) as a daw controller? Such as the Roladn VS and I'm not sure whats sitting on your desk a Zoom or sumthing

looks well cool, seems you got the décor matching the old school vibe as well ;) :)

Thanks for the complement kcearl. I truly love the old school stuff. Theirs nothing cooler then seeing the reels go around and around and around. It amazes me how my setup has changed from 2 years ago.

Thanks for the complement kcearl. I truly love the old school stuff. Theirs nothing cooler then seeing the reels go around and around and around. It amazes me how my setup has changed from 2 years ago.

While I will never miss editing tape, the maintenance associated with them, aligning head stacks and all the rest, there's something magical about the committment associated with tape. You'd rehearse and rehearse the take so you'd get it right and not waste tape. You only had so many channels, so you were always bouncing stuff down to stereo or mono channels on complex mixes...you had to plan all that out, espcially if you were striping SMPTE. Ah...the memories.

Frank

yeah Id love a shot, even just to see how it all works but ownership would be wasted on me...looks great though

Back