let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
That's cool. When Presonus first came out with the StudioLive there was a big push in it's forums to have it be a controller, also. I'm glad to see that they listened. :)
How did the users in those forums feel about the pres in it? Any consensus on that?

G.

How did the users in those forums feel about the pres in it? Any consensus on that?

G.

I don't recall reading anything about the pres. I did listen to some recordings that were made with the board and there were some good ones that I heard. Of course there were some bad ones too. I believe that they are the same pres that are used in the FireStudio just with better converters.

I don't recall reading anything about the pres. I did listen to some recordings that were made with the board and there were some good ones that I heard. Of course there were some bad ones too. I believe that they are the same pres that are used in the FireStudio just with better converters.
I honestly don't know a lot about the thing - I didn't select it and like I say, I hadn't even seen it out of the box until a couple of days ago - I've just been reading through the PDF manual for it. They call the pres they put in there the XMAX pres if that means anything to anyone (notice how ever since the Mackie Onyx pres how everybody wants to put an "X" in their mixer pre names these days? :rolleyes:).

But I may possibly have to backtrack a bit on the controller claim; I'm not sure now. It does have 18x18 channels of digital recording and playback to its own DAW and also with the usual list of popular DAW editors like Cubase, Sonar, etc., but how much actual DAW control it provides I'm not now sure. Like I said earlier, it has no actual transport controls on it, and nowhere in the PDF have I yet found a reference to the actual phrase "DAW control" or DAW controller". So as to whether, for example, the faders will actually follow DAW automation or they will actually change fader levels in the DAW software itself, for example, I'm not 100% sure now. I know that at least two of the guys that carry the actual keys to the studio believe it's a full DAW controller, and are probably going to be rather disappointed if that's not quite the case. I didn't pay for the thing, so I don't care ;)...I'm sure I'll be able to work fine with it either way, though a full-blown controller would be nice.

G.

I know that it doesn't have motorized faders, but it does have fader recall. Once you save a scene (or whatever) it will tell you what position the faders were at when you saved by the LED meters in the FAT channel section.

I hope that they are not disappointed.

Not saying that your wrong, but the XMAX preamps have been around since the days of the Firepod.

Not saying that your wrong, but the XMAX preamps have been around since the days of the Firepod.
My mistake then. They of course in the sales literature and docs make like they are today's news.

I've never been much of a Presonus guy, so I have to claim ignorance. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that their stuff has not really crossed my path before, other than in print and places like this.

G.

Hi ! Everyone... nice studios you have...

Here is my litle one :):

2ps4x93.jpg

103v5s4.jpg

119qww0.jpg

In time the mixer turned in to a Peavey PV8, added a C01 condenser mic from Samsonic and the sound card changed from Audigy to M-audio Delta 1010 lt

My humble demo studio

Pictures of my humble home studio. Old school Yamaha AW16G SIAB which is a great solution for me, small mixer just for routing stuff, drum kit and various amps and stompboxes. Really just a setup to make demos for my band and musician friends. It ain't Pro Tools...but it does what I need it to do. More fun than you should be allowed to have in the basement.

Attachments

• studio4.jpg
    studio4.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,066
  • studio5.jpg
    studio5.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 1,062
  • studio3.jpg
    studio3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,057
  • studio6.jpg
    studio6.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 1,058
Just a few more "action" shots.

A few more pictures of my home studio in use.

Attachments

• studio2.jpg
    studio2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,061
  • studio7.jpg
    studio7.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 1,080
just got my gear down from Canada :drunk:

no studio to speak of...just a wall, a table, and some cheap guitars...sure makes me happy though :)

gear.jpg

guits.jpg

Reactions: XLR
Do you have high ceilings in that room? I'm guessing you do - something about the lighting looks like it.

well pretty high for an apartment (around a metre higher than my last one)...already sussed the walk in as a vocal booth...got a small mattress for the door at the end lol

going to see if i can hang some foam as i dont think attaching it to the walls an option!

Back