Joemeek -> Promeek -> TFPRO

dang it...

I thought I was gonna be able to get away with some mindless venting.. :p

(p.s. I still think it sounds like @ss.)

:D

WATYF

alanhyatt said:
Joel,

That is why I bought the company. I was tired of seeing Joemeek made more cheaply each and everytime out. I was repairing them at a rate of over 15% failures.

Yes, the Joemeek units sound good, but new Jomeeks will sound better, be better built, have more usable features and still cost the same, or maybe less. I will bring the Joemeek name back to the status it should have by doing the designs the right way!

I'm Gonna hold you to that.. :D

Richard Monroe said:
Hey, Alan, how 'bout a mod job on my twin Q? I'll be perfectly happy to beta test some of those badass circuits!-Richie

Richard,

When all of this is done, and our new products are out, I will come up with a program that will allow anyone to trade in his old Joemeek for a new unit. Even if they bought it used.

I will limit the time of this program to say 6 months or so, and you will have to pay some money to do it. What that price is, I do not know. I will not trade straight accross, but I think this is more than fair to offer all of you better product.

I don't think you will see Promeek, TFPRO, JM UK, Joe Audio or whatever else they call themself this week doing this. I am so confident that our units will outperform, out sound, out feature whatever they could ever hopr to do, they I am willing to offer this trade in policy.

Oh, if they start a trade in policy now, chalk it up to them coping me all over again. :D

Altruist

You can take it to the bank......

c7sus said:
Hey Alan..... ever thought about making a run of Twin Q's with really nice transformers. Like Sowters or Jensons. I know it's difficult to make small runs. But maybe a special limited. I'm not interested at all in the CS stuff..........

Hey C7, who said you could read my mind.... but without revealing anything to my copy cat friends across the pond, we are taking it further than that!!!!

Unfortunately, the CS does not work as it was expressed it would. Its a very innexpensive alternative to the SMM2017. In fact, the CS Circuit is an old design by someone else, not Ted Fletcher. All he did was copy it and add the non working Current Sense issue. The CS is also too noisy. Does not sound bad for a cheap mic amp, but not what it claims to be.

It does not adjust its gain when one leg of the input is grounded,
it does not match the impedance of the two input legs so consequently its common-mode rejection is very poor,
it does not adjust its gain or impedance to match the source resistance of the microphone.

I can see no way it which it actually "senses current".

Alan, put me on your list for upgrades. I bought a new VC1Q in 2001, and although I think it's a fine preamp, I will upgrade to one of your hotrods without hesitation.

alanhyatt said:
Richard,

When all of this is done, and our new products are out, I will come up with a program that will allow anyone to trade in his old Joemeek for a new unit. Even if they bought it used.

I will limit the time of this program to say 6 months or so, and you will have to pay some money to do it. What that price is, I do not know. I will not trade straight accross, but I think this is more than fair to offer all of you better product.

I don't think you will see Promeek, TFPRO, JM UK, Joe Audio or whatever else they call themself this week doing this. I am so confident that our units will outperform, out sound, out feature whatever they could ever hopr to do, they I am willing to offer this trade in policy.

Oh, if they start a trade in policy now, chalk it up to them coping me all over again. :D

Altruist

You can take it to the bank......

tdukex said:
Alan, put me on your list for upgrades. I bought a new VC1Q in 2001, and although I think it's a fine preamp, I will upgrade to one of your hotrods without hesitation.

No Problem, you're on... Of course I still need a couple of months to get all the gear out, but I have no problems doing this. I would rather have the current stuff out there, and I need the old stuff for PC boards and replacement parts to keep the old stuff running. :D

Depending on the price point and features, I'm probably in. Just build digital out into the new twinQ, and you can have the A-D unit back, also. If you can't do that, at least make the new units compatible with the VC1QCD-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
Depending on the price point and features, I'm probably in. Just build digital out into the new twinQ, and you can have the A-D unit back, also. If you can't do that, at least make the new units compatible with the VC1QCD-Richie

New TwinQ has AES/EBU, SPDIF, Coax, and Word CLock with Lock LED on front panel as standard, and much, much more.....

Alan-

i just orderd a VC1Qcs (it should be here tomorrow). How much extra money are we talking here for the equivalent(with trade in)? also, how much time before the "new" VC1Q comes out? I have a band that needs to record next week that i need a good mic pre for. but, i hate buying "outdated" gear.

Thanks
Ryan

Geys,

The new Joemeek products will take 60 to 90 days for us to start shipping some of the models. Then, one by one will will introduce another until they are all done by July or August of this year.

There is still plenty of Joemeek gear out there that you can buy, and trade it in later. I do not have any idea what the trade in prices will be yet, so all of this is a bit early for me to commit to, but we will do it.

We are still in litigation with Promeek, Joe Audio, JM UK, and TFPro for violations of our trademark and its artistic designs. They are displaying right now at a local show in London under the Joemeek Name! Talk about brass balls... We are serving them on the show floor with a cease and desist notice tomorrow.

So you can all do what you need to do. I just know that our units will be better by leaps and bounds than anything Promeek, Joe Audio, JM UK, and TFPro can come out with. If you choose to wait, so be it. If not, so be it. The units will speak for themself....

alanhyatt said:
We are still in litigation with Promeek, Joe Audio, JM UK, and TFPro for violations of our trademark and its artistic designs. They are displaying right now at a local show in London under the Joemeek Name! Talk about brass balls...

No doubt!

jslator
www.joemeek.org

jslator said:

No Shit! Anyway, we are confident we will shut them down. We gave them the opportunity this morning at our solicitor’s office an opportunity to voluntarily cease, but they said no...

Oh well... The fun begins

jslator said:

So, is your Joe Meek tribute page about Joe Meek. Or is your web site pertaining to Joemeek the product? If it is about the man, Joe Meek should have a space between them if you are referring to the man. like www.joe_meek.org.

If you are referring to the product Joemeek, then I assume you are using this site to promote commerce for the Joemeek line with some organization.

Perhaps you would like to state your intentions so we can submit to internic exactly what you will be doing.

alanhyatt said:
Perhaps you would like to state your intentions so we can submit to internic exactly what you will be doing.

I haven't really worked out all the details yet. Regardless, I don't think internic would care. Thanks for the comments though. :)

jslator
www.joemeek.org

alanhyatt said:
So, is your Joe Meek tribute page about Joe Meek. Or is your web site pertaining to Joemeek the product? If it is about the man, Joe Meek should have a space between them if you are referring to the man. like www.joe_meek.org.

Uhm. Sorry, but no it shouldn't. Firstly there are no "should" at all when it comes to this, and secondly, the standard is to not use dashes or underscores in domain names unless you have too.

So he can make a tribute page about Joe Meek, the man, at joemeek.org, without you needing to be even remotely upset about that.

Now, if he makes a tribute page about TFPRO products on that domain name, then you at least have the right to be annoyed. :)

Speaking on "tribute" pages, on http://www.joemeek.net/ they now say they are changing the color. Thats one step forward, I guess?

Back