I'm ready for some football.

I'm really hoping the Raiders win a game this year. I was at the game when the Packers sent the Lions to 0 and 16 and if the Raiders should match it, the memory wouldn't be as special.

It's really surprising how bad the Raiders have been for so long. Every team has down periods, but a decade-plus? Not even my Saints have had spells this bad between stretches of good. Since being blown out in the 02 Super Bowl the Raiders have done absolutely nothing besides suck. That franchise is literally a "black hole". A player getting traded to the Raiders has to know it's his last stop.

I was kind of pulling for the hapless Raiders, but holy shit it would have been hilariously appropriate if they had lost that game because of those two idiots celebrating a 3rd down sack like they just won the Super Bowl.

Believe me, I wanted that to happen as well! Sparano or Tuck or somebody called a timeout just in time.

I'm losing faith in the Chiefs offensive line by the day. Buffalo exposed them, but they've been holding it together. Seattle didn't seem to have the sense to exploit the same weaknesses. Oakland definitely did, and I have a feeling that Denver next week will be going for the throat. Ugh...

Believe me, I wanted that to happen as well! Sparano or Tuck or somebody called a timeout just in time.

I'm losing faith in the Chiefs offensive line by the day. Buffalo exposed them, but they've been holding it together. Seattle didn't seem to have the sense to exploit the same weaknesses. Oakland definitely did, and I have a feeling that Denver next week will be going for the throat. Ugh...

I think KC needs to worry about the total lack of a deep threat passing attack. Even with protection Alex Smith can't hit a deep guy, and he struggles with short accuracy as well. It seems a lot of his passes could result in some yards after the catch if he'd actually hit a guy properly in stride. He doesn't though.

Odell motherfucking Beckham Jr.

Good sweet Jesus what an un-fucking-believable catch. Wow. Just...wow.

Side note - I watched his whole career at LSU. He used to stand at the back of the end zone on kickoffs and snag the ball one-handed all the time. He'd just stand there and at the very last second snatch the ball out of the air with one hand like a frog catching a fly. It was amazing and everyone would cheer. I even heard announcers on TV ask one time "why does this LSU crowd cheer after a kickoff for a touchback?" Odell Beckham snagging kickoffs, that's why. It was cool as shit.

Three fingers... going backwards. Was he even looking?? Impressive, but the c'boys still won. They're like tied for 1st in the division or something. How the fuck did that happen?

I wonder when defensive coordinators will stop going into the prevent defense at the end of games. Playing to not lose makes you lose every single time.

We routinely let teams convert 3rd downs. 3rd and short, 3rd and long, 3rd and 100, doesn't matter. Our defense cannot get off the field.

Back