I'm ready for some football.

Mannnnn I don't think I've ever seen someone pile up that many rushing yards before!! Nebraska should be banned from the top 25 for the next decade.

That really is embarrassing. Giving up 408 yds rushing is really really bad as a team. Giving it up to one guy is atrocious. Giving it up in 3 quarters to one guy means just shut down the whole fucking football program.

Props to Mississippi State for hanging tough against Bama. I think they showed a lot of heart and resilience as a team to stay in that game when so much had gone wrong for them. It was just too big a stage for them in that moment. There's no shame in losing close to Bama at Bama. Just about everyone loses there. I think Miss St stays in the top 4 though.

The SEC is the SEC's own worst enemy.

Wait, wait, hold up....Nebraska has given up 408 yards rushing? To one guy? In 3 quarters? :laughings:

I watched most of the game, I think Wisconsin was getting close to 600 yards rushing.

Wisconsin has always had big numbers backs that fizzle in the NFL, they succeed because they always have monster size linemen and they run, run, run win or lose.

Mannnnn I don't think I've ever seen someone pile up that many rushing yards before!! Nebraska should be banned from the top 25 for the next decade.

The game wasn't as close as the score either, seeing as Wisconsin can't pass and I'm guessing:rolleyes: Nebraska scouts these teams and have coaches and that kind of stuff so that they pretty much knew what to expect on defense.

against Arky no less?

Yup. The offense has no rhythm whatsoever. I'm not taking credit away from arkansas, but our QB is a disaster. He can't hit an open guy. Our poor defense has been on the field the whole game and they're always having to defend a short field because the offense can't even flip the field position. It's a mess. And the cold aint helping. They look slow and lethargic. This team was not ready for this game. I do blame Les Miles for that. He had no plan for this game.

Texas is starting to step up their game. Not that beating OSU is any great feat in the past few years, but the longhorns definitely have some rhythm in offense and this is their third win in a row. Small victories count. Their sophomore QB has gotten past his stage fright and is actually thinking like a QB. Defense is now way better than last year. They're actually tackling people.

There is hope.

Texas is starting to step up their game. Not that beating OSU is any great feat in the past few years, but the longhorns definitely have some rhythm in offense and this is their third win in a row. Small victories count. Their sophomore QB has gotten past his stage fright and is actually thinking like a QB. Defense is now way better than last year. They're actually tackling people.

There is hope.

Texas might end up being pretty good next year if they can stop getting guys kicked off the team.

Yup, but I think the blood-letting is done. Those with bad attitudes are gone. The rest care enough about football to follow the rules for off-field conduct. I kinda like that. The NFL came down a few weeks ago to talk with Strong about his ethics rules or whatever he calls them. Seems the NFL needs to pretend like they care about what happens off the field, too.

Cool on that Melvin Gordon kid. 408 is awesome. But I don't know anything about Nebraska; was that an easy thing to do?

Yup, but I think the blood-letting is done. Those with bad attitudes are gone. The rest care enough about football to follow the rules for off-field conduct. I kinda like that. The NFL came down a few weeks ago to talk with Strong about his ethics rules or whatever he calls them. Seems the NFL needs to pretend like they care about what happens off the field, too.
The Saints went through something like that after Katrina. When Sean Payton got hired for the 2006 season, he literally cleaned house. He cut tons of guys that weren't going all-in on his system. The results speak for themselves since then. This has been an era of prosperity for the Saints that we've never had before. So, it can work. I think Charlie Strong is the right guy to pull it off for Texas.

Cool on that Melvin Gordon kid. 408 is awesome. But I don't know anything about Nebraska; was that an easy thing to do?

Nebraska prides itself on strong defense. "Blackshirts" is their name for their defensive starters. They need to change that to Pinkshirts after today.

The Saints went through something like that after Katrina. When Sean Payton got hired for the 2006 season, he literally cleaned house. He cut tons of guys that weren't going all-in on his system. The results speak for themselves since then.

Ha!! I remember Jon Gruden doing that after he won the superbowl with Tony Dungy's team. It didn't work for him. lol

Back