I'm ready for some football.

I wouldn't call 24-17 screwed. I'd call it a game :) Losing Brewer completely deflated Tech. This was his team.

Losing your QB was the death blow. The exact moment that collarbone snapped, that was it. I could feel it through the TV from a thousand miles away. All of the air left that stadium and that team. The defense started to grip too hard and that was the end of that. Too bad too. I thought Va Tech really had a shot at an upset.

Losing your QB was the death blow. The exact moment that collarbone snapped, that was it. I could feel it through the TV from a thousand miles away. All of the air left that stadium and that team. The defense started to grip too hard and that was the end of that. Too bad too. I thought Va Tech really had a shot at an upset.

The collarbone breaking, plus this:

And that's all she wrote.....

What a great first couple of quarters though. God I love college football

Last edited:
Told myself I wasn't gonna do fantasy league this year...ended up doing fantasy league. I'm such a slut :(

Although I took Gronk in the first round, so tonight was pretty sweet :D

Told myself I wasn't gonna do fantasy league this year...ended up doing fantasy league. I'm such a slut :(

Although I took Gronk in the first round, so tonight was pretty sweet :D

I went against Gronk which sucked. But I did have Edelman which helped numb the pain since I'm in a PPR league.

Being all the way in Europe, Fantasy Football is pretty much the only way I can consistently follow football, since most games start at like between 2 and 5am...

Headset gate seems to be over before it started. Bummer!
It's fun watching teams make excuses for why they lost to a superior team.

I always say you really don't know what you have until you're four or more games into the season. Especially being a Packer fan, because they always have crappy starts. Plus teams get their suspended players back right around then.

I listen to the Chicago sports station and it's all doom and gloom about the Bears, I hope they're right.

Go Packers!

Had high hopes for the Vikings against the 49ers... Bridgewater, although he made the right call to throw the ball away in most situations, was far from graceful about it. Looked like a clown out there. Unfortunate, unless you're a fan of SF.

That was a pretty ugly game all around. That 9:15 kickoff hasn't really resulted in much great football since they started doing the Monday night double-header.

I think that Bridgewater will be all right, especially considering the Vikes' last several years of QB play. Believe me, as a KC fan, I've been there...

I really don't think Bridgewater is a bad QB, it looked like the Vike's don't have much of an offensive line to protect him - much like my Texans back in the David Carr era...I've been there, too. Time will tell, I was just hoping that the 49ers would have a loss to start the season and, honestly, I thought the vikings had a chance with Peterson back. He was a disappointment, too. I suppose it could be that SF has a decent defense and it wasn't just a fluke... :confused:

Back