I'm ready for some football.

Holy shit.KingKongasum Suh won his appeal and will play against Dallas.
Why would his appeal succeed?
ya' know ...... I looked closely at that video and I don't think you can really see anything that clearly shows he was deliberately stepping on him. Those guys step on each other all the time and the way he was holding his head and not really looking around at all, there's nothing really clear that shows intent.

Don't get me wrong ..... I don't like the guy and do consider him a dirty player and maybe this was deliberate .... but there's nothing on the vid that confirms it.

OTOH ......... I'm really pulling for Detroit to beat the Cowgirls so I'm glad that POS will be playing.
:D

ya' know ...... I looked closely at that video and I don't think you can really see anything that clearly shows he was deliberately stepping on him.

Agreed. Suh is dirty and an a-hole, but the video evidence just isn't there. I saw the longer clip from a different angle then the one that is circulating and Suh was pushed back into Rogers.

Besides i don't think Suh is smart enough to pull something like that in split second timing.

We'll see what happens next year ....... that should be a bunch of studs playing for LSU next year.

If Miles can't do well with that group then my doubts about his skills will be proven ..... if he goes all the way I'll be delighted to say I was wrong.
But my prediction is ....... they'll under perform under Miles and maybe get to the top 10.
It's really not so much about Miles' "skills", it's all about the QB. We don't have one, and Miles can't find one. Miles calls a good game when he has a functional QB. He did very good with Matt Flynn and Mettenberger. The big problem is that Louisiana has never produced top QBs, and out of state guys have no loyalty to Louisiana. Everyone else will be better, but we will still suck at QB unless some miracle happens. And this is by far the least talented and experienced defense we've had in years. There are no studs on this defense. Defensive line is okay, linebackers are fair, safety is decent, but the DBs are garbage. We are not "DBU" anymore. The defense isn't mangling people like they used to, and that amplifies the lack of a passing game. Honestly, at this point, John Chavis is a much bigger problem than Les Miles. He's lost the ability to scheme a defense with the crop of guys he has now. They're not his kind of players. There are no, Mingos, Patrick Petersons, Eric Reids, or Honey Badgers on this defense. :(

I always respect the LSU program. even if i don't like them. Truth is if i had to bet money on this game i woulda bet LSU and if they played this game tomorrow i'd still bet LSU. I think them domers got lucky.

Fournette, is a freak of nature and looks like he'll be contending for a heisman next year and NFL material for sure. need a QB though.
Fournette is a monster and if he stays healthy and out of jail he will be bigtime for a long time.

Defending big running QBs have always been LSU's weakness. Cam Newton killed us back when LSU had a great defense. Nick Marshall from Auburn, Dak Prescott, all those guys beat us by themselves. We don't defend the big running QB well, and it bit us today. And that fake FG was a TD. We got hosed.

Agreed. Suh is dirty and an a-hole, but the video evidence just isn't there. I saw the longer clip from a different angle then the one that is circulating and Suh was pushed back into Rogers.

Besides i don't think Suh is smart enough to pull something like that in split second timing.

Look at his body shift. He knew he was stepping on someone and he rocked back even harder. It's very clear to me. He might not have definitely known it was Mr Munn, but he probably knew it could have been. I think he 100% meant to shift all of his weight onto whoever he was stepping on.

I think Suh didn't intentionally step on Rodgers, but he did intentionally take his time getting off him. When you've got a rep as a dirty player you're being scrutinized more closely than the rest of the players.

Look at his body shift. He knew he was stepping on someone and he rocked back even harder. It's very clear to me. He might not have definitely known it was Mr Munn, but he probably knew it could have been. I think he 100% meant to shift all of his weight onto whoever he was stepping on.

Here's the thing, i think he WOULD HAVE done it on purpose if he realized what was going on, but the play for still going on and he was eyeing that - and guys get stepped on in pile-ups all the time.

I could be wrong, but i think he's just a dumb pile of bricks.

Here's the thing, i think he WOULD HAVE done it on purpose if he realized what was going on, but the play for still going on and he was eyeing that - and guys get stepped on in pile-ups all the time.

Once he realized what was happening, he stepped harder.

It's just to me, it looks like he intentionally rocked back even harder than necessary. I know dudes get stepped on, and I know dudes make it worse sometimes, but this is donkey kong sue, and I know he's a fat dirty bitch.

---------- Update ----------

Once he realized what was happening, he stepped harder.

Yup, he did. totally.

Nah, he didn't do it on purpose, but he is a fuckhead none the less. In the video I saw, GB #70 was holding onto Suh's jersey as Suh was stepping back. 70 let go of the jersey right about the same time Suh stepped on Rogers.

I didn't see the LSU game, but it sounds like they played as bad as the Longhorns.

Nah, he didn't do it on purpose, but he is a fuckhead none the less. In the video I saw, GB #70 was holding onto Suh's jersey as Suh was stepping back. 70 let go of the jersey right about the same time Suh stepped on Rogers.

I didn't see the LSU game, but it sounds like they played as bad as the Longhorns.

Lol. Actually even without a QB, LSU scored 28 points against a mediocre Notre Dame team. Usually, with the way LSU typically plays defense, that would be way more than enough points to win. With today's defense, it wasn't enough.

Ha, yeah, I guess they player better than the Longhorns. :facepalm: We only got 7 points against Arkansas who appears to be near the bottom of the SEC standings. Now it's really really sad.

I guess I would have to watch the vid more closely. I'm going a bit more on heresay. I'm just speculating on whether the league overturned the suspension because the Cowboys/Lions would be more entertaining with him in the game.
In all honesty, I don't mind seeing this sort of dirtyness. 30 years ago(or less), this wouldn't have been something to bat an eye at. I love the street fight, anything goes atmosphere. There are big, tough guys on both sides. Someone should stomp on his nuts!

Ha, yeah, I guess they player better than the Longhorns. :facepalm: We only got 7 points against Arkansas who appears to be near the bottom of the SEC standings. Now it's really really sad.

Arkansas caught fire at the end of the season though, and they may be a new force to deal with in the SEC in the next few seasons. They lost some close games to good teams this year. Texas lost to an Arkansas team on the rise. It was a bad loss, but not really as bad as it may seem. I know Arkansas can be dangerous.

I guess I would have to watch the vid more closely. I'm going a bit more on heresay. I'm just speculating on whether the league overturned the suspension because the Cowboys/Lions would be more entertaining with him in the game.
In all honesty, I don't mind seeing this sort of dirtyness. 30 years ago(or less), this wouldn't have been something to bat an eye at. I love the street fight, anything goes atmosphere. There are big, tough guys on both sides. Someone should stomp on his nuts!

That no one has ever stood up to him kind of surprises me. Yeah hes a big nasty thug, but every team has one. In hockey he would have been destroyed by now.

Lol. Actually even without a QB, LSU scored 28 points against a mediocre Notre Dame team. Usually, with the way LSU typically plays defense, that would be way more than enough points to win. With today's defense, it wasn't enough.

Mediocre is right, but they looked good today. You definitely caught them on the wrong day. Your QB sucks. Our defense was even worse on 3 plays.

I dozed off during the Packers game and missed the stomp part, and haven't even seen a replay yet. The fact that Suh's intentions were apparently at least questionable to most people (as opposed to it being obvious that he intentionally meant harm), means to me that he either didn't do it on purpose, or he got a hell of a lot better at covering up his dirty stuff.

I wish he were on the Eagles, by the way. He plays classic Buddy Ryan ball.

Mediocre is right, but they looked good today. You definitely caught them on the wrong day. Your QB sucks. Our defense was even worse on 3 plays.

LSU, and all Louisiana sports teams in general, have a bad habit of playing down to the competition. I don't know what it is. The air, the water, the laid back lifestyle, the awesome food, the titties, whatever. Louisiana teams get lazy when they don't feel they need to be their best. The Saints do it, LSU does it, the Pelicans do it, they all fucking do it. It bit us today. I've watched every snap of of every LSU football since I can remember and LSU was not "up" for that game. That was not the team that took Bama to the wire. It's disgusting and I hate it.

Well if you guys got titties, maybe I was rooting for the wrong team. ND was even weirder this year than normal. Before the FSU loss, I would have said they're about on par with LSU. After the FSU loss, they were total dogshit, which is why I expected a slaughter today. Usually teams seem to be psyched up to beat the shit out of ND, but even knowing jack shit about LSU, as I watched the game, something definitely seemed wrong with them. I guess the fact that there wasn't Catholic blood stained all over the field after the first quarter gave it away.

[For the sake of the last sentence, I'm ignoring the fact that there are probably a lot of Catholics on LSU, given the whole French influence in LA]

TCU is taking a gargantuan shit all over Ole Miss. 2nd quarter isn't over yet and the TCU players are trolling the Ole Miss players relentlessly.

Back