I'm ready for some football.

Oregon is gonna blow them out.
I think so ..... they looked pretty good today from what I got to see.
But then, I thought bama was gonna crush Ohio too so we'll see.

i was gigging today but did see the end of the bama game ..... YAY! I hate 'bama.

I know SEC people think I should pull for SEC teams but I'm sorry ...... that doesn't compute to me ..... I don't get the rationale ..... I didn't go to SEC college nor are they even the old SEC I always knew before all the merging and teams wanting more money so they go to the SEC just to make money.
I have no feelings for the SEC at all ....... I'm just an LSU fan and fuck bama ...... Debi and I were sitting up pulling hard for them to lose and they did! :) Life is good!

That all green uni look Oregon went with ..... it definitely blended in with the grass is an almost camouflage way ..... I wonder if it had any effect ..... maybe just slowing down the brains recognition just enough to slow down the physical reaction times too.

I think so ..... they looked pretty good today from what I got to see.
But then, I thought bama was gonna crush Ohio too so we'll see.

i was gigging today but did see the end of the bama game ..... YAY! I hate 'bama.

I know SEC people think I should pull for SEC teams but I'm sorry ...... that doesn't compute to me ..... I don't get the rationale ..... I didn't go to SEC college nor are they even the old SEC I always knew before all the merging and teams wanting more money so they go to the SEC just to make money.
I have no feelings for the SEC at all ....... I'm just an LSU fan and fuck bama ...... Debi and I were sitting up pulling hard for them to lose and they did! :) Life is good!

That all green uni look Oregon went with ..... it definitely blended in with the grass is an almost camouflage way ..... I wonder if it had any effect ..... maybe just slowing down the brains recognition just enough to slow down the physical reaction times too.

I agree. I always take pleasure in Bama losing, or Florida, or Auburn, and Ole Miss' beatdown was hilarious, but the rationale for pulling for your conference in bowl season is all about money and exposure. Not that the SEC needs a lot of exposure, but the schools split the winnings. When Bama or Florida or LSU wins a bowl game, all of the SEC wins a piece of that pie. Even lowly Vanderbilt and Kentucky. When Bama wins national championships, it makes kids want to play in the SEC. If they don't get to play for Bama or LSU they'll get to play against Bama or LSU, they'll get to play in massive stadiums in front of crowds that exceed NFL games, and they'll get to be on TV literally every week. Look at the size of SEC stadiums. They're fucking epic. That comes from being on TV every week. This dumb generation of attention whoring millennials eats that shit up. The average SEC guys expectations that every SEC team should win big in every game is unrealistic, but 7 national championships in a row have spoiled the SEC.

I know SEC people think I should pull for SEC teams but I'm sorry ...... that doesn't compute to me ..... I don't get the rationale ...

The rationale is that if they don't take difficult out of conference games and only lose to each other then everyone will assume (incorrectly) they're all good teams. It worked out beautifully for the fraudulent SEC west this year.

The rationale is that if they don't take difficult out of conference games and only lose to each other then everyone will assume (incorrectly) they're all good teams. It worked out beautifully for the fraudulent SEC west this year.

:laughings:

That's hilarious coming from a FSU boy.

Florida State barely squeaked by their soft ass schedule to pad their record then got pummeled to death when they played a real team.

This dumb generation of attention whoring millennials eats that shit up.
lol ..... with this sentence you have just put your finger on a LOT of the problems of society in general!

Wifey and I laugh at our facebook friends .... always changing their profile pics so people will say, "You're so beautiful" .... a desperate need to be seen on TV footage even if it's only on youtube.

:laughings:

1 year out of the last 9 ..... not much fraud in that.

As an Duck fan that has been following the program for a long time (even back when they sucked hard core), it's a bit vindicating to win so convincingly on a big national stage. I hope they can take care of Ohio State in the big one. I think OSU's defensive front might be the biggest concern.

I really wanted to see a Bama-Oregon game, but that will again have to wait. but if we win this game, it will be sort of sweet payback for the rose bowl loss from a couple years ago.

As for the SEC west, not surprised at all that Ole Miss and MsState lost they were media boosted frauds from the beginning.
Some of the other programs are down this year, so they'll prolly relaod and do better next year, if they don't that pure coaching problem. fact is the SEC gets the best talent in the nation. programs like Oregon have to fight against the current.

As an Duck fan that has been following the program for a long time (even back when they sucked hard core), it's a bit vindicating to win so convincingly on a big national stage. I hope they can take care of Ohio State in the big one. I think OSU's defensive front might be the biggest concern.

I really wanted to see a Bama-Oregon game, but that will again have to wait. but if we win this game, it will be sort of sweet payback for the rose bowl loss from a couple years ago.

As for the SEC west, not surprised at all that Ole Miss and MsState lost they were media boosted frauds from the beginning.
Some of the other programs are down this year, so they'll prolly relaod and do better next year, if they don't that pure coaching problem. fact is the SEC gets the best talent in the nation. programs like Oregon have to fight against the current.

I think it's just parity. Nothing lasts forever and things always work themselves out. As fun as it was to have the SEC dominate a decade, it couldn't last forever. The SEC did accomplish one thing for the rest of the NCAA - they showed everyone that depth and defense trumps all. Ohio State and TCU play like some of the great SEC teams did. Balance, power, and defense. Oregon is a little more flashy, but they play stud defense now and rotate and sub guys all the time. The traditionally good defenses in the SEC all took a giant step backwards this season. Bama hemorrhaged yards, LSU lost literally everyone to the NFL, the Aggies never had a defense, the SEC east was a trainwreck. Just a bad year for the conference. No big deal.

I'll be pulling for Oregon.

Some shocking results yesterday but that's a good thing. If the SEC did win everything every year that would be bad for college football in general.

I think the days of dominant powerhouse teams and conferences have been watered down by two things.....

1:With all the games being played on TV nowadays, a kid would rather be a starter at Boise state than ride the bench at Ohio state. Years ago it would be a harder choice. Plus that kid could be as good or better than the person in front of him, but if he's riding the bench, he's not playing for another team.

2:Leaving school early, if a kid is good, he's gone. Hard to get a team to gel with a lot of turnover and a less overlap of players.

I'm glad the Badgers won, I didn't even think they should've been ranked, even though Ohio State beat Bama, there are no moral victories in a 59-0 ass whipping. Winning a bowl against a favored opponent gets some of the bad taste out. Now to see if Gordon can succeed in the NFL where Wisconsin backs usually flop.

Saints fired a bunch on coaching staff (Rob Ry status hasn't been confirmed).

New Orleans Saints fire 3 coaches; no word on status of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan - ESPN

Man i hope they can get on track next year. Saints are my 2nd favorite team in the league.

I'm not decided on Rob Ryan yet. He came in and vastly improved the defense. Then just like that they sunk back into the shitter. I tend to want to give him a pass because I watched every snap of every Saints game and those players were dogging it all year. Yeah it's his job to get them ready and put them in the right positions. It's the players job to tackle, maintain his gap discipline, etc. The players played like ass. They were constantly blowing their assignments and taking bad angles in pursuit. They read their press from the year before and drank the kool-aid, as they put it, and I believe that. That's what it looked like. They thought they could just show up and win, and by the time it became urgent they couldn't get the mojo back.

Back