Im a sucker for big Tascam meters

Vintage Texas

Every time when listening to a 42 it gives me chills, 2-track and 15 speed.
Anyone else using the same model here ? :cool:
DSCF0009.jpg

No I have to listen to this old piece of junk;)

Attachments

• 32-2.JPG
    32-2.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 187
The 42 isnt as commonly seen as the 32. I believe the 42 was the matching two-track model to the 48, whereas the 32 matched up to the 38, though I suppose it shouldnt matter too much.

On a sidenote: I was wondering, how come its so tough to find empty take-up reels that have a notch in them so that it can easily hold the edge of the supply tape and make winding the tape alot simpler to do?

Beatle Fred, most 10 inch reels doesn't have a slot because it's gonna rip the tape when fforward or rewind, just put your finger on the end and spin the reel around;)

Tascam 42 also made a 42 B model, same track and speed but little different features.
Tascam42-B.jpg

I should have kept this one:(
DSCF0001-10.jpg

Nice picts and machine Rolf. It's good that you don't use a flash. Looks more sexy in natural light. ;)
I still don't have a half track though...:(

Oops, wrong section of the North Pole, I thought you were over on the other side..sorry:o
How about Seattle, have a distant relative sumwhere in those woods

How about Seattle, have a distant relative sumwhere in those woods

Yup, that's an option but I'd prefer to make it a bit easier on myself (not to mention your relative) and receive the package on my door step. ;)

No worries, Rolf, I understand you be hesitant of shipping across the border (from another thread). I will have to wait for something local or maybe you can figure out a bullet proof way to ship the 42, 32 or 22 my way, some day.:D:)

Hey, Rolf, just out of curiosity, what is the condition of the 42 (heads etc...) and also the price?

Back