I Wanna Kill - general dumbassed delinquency from Greg

Is he banned? Seriously? Why? For how long?

I won't go into it. But he is just banned. Someone got butthurt and went and told mom and dad.

Not sure when he will be back but he will be back for sure. 100% I think maybe two weeks is what i heard.

Is harmony central better ?

No, but they rarely perma ban, they dont ban individuals from certain forums, they give small time outs, and they have more than 10 active members at a time

But they dont have the clinic or the people who post their music in it, so its not better or id never post here

Oh god...again with the bannings?

Whoever he offended, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they deserved it.

Awesome! Love the red. You don't see too many straight up red LP's. I like the pickup rings too. Nice geeter!

Here's mine:
20120421_140059.jpg

20120421_134518.jpg

I think you may remember this LP was the last one I was yearning for....goldtop too... Oh well, I got new furniture and paid my house taxes so it's all good. Maybe next year. What did you pay for the LP....

My SG is an Epi and it never had P-90's. I replaced the stock junk Epi bridge no-name humbucker with a Gibson 57 Classic and Gibson pots and wiring. It helped a ton. I never use the neck pickup so I left it alone. I like the lower output humbuckers like the Burstbuckers and 57 Classics. They have a dirty vintage tonality that hotter pickups can't touch.

I had a P-90 SG a long time ago, but it got stolen. I might put one in the SG now that I have the LP doing the humbucker heavy lifting. I like single coils and they suit my kind of music very well. Before getting the LP I'd typically do the SG with the humbucker on one side and my Strat with singles on the other. That's a good combo for a varied but big kind of collective rhythm sound. Single coils through a crunchy tube amp are the sound of vintage punk. I like to mix in some humbucker tone though.
It's as if he's still here...

just the one working eye ;)

it's fun to watch them walk off the cliff once blinded . honestly - it's a valuable public service as whiners and egos ruin the vibe. the stuff in the cave is kinda crazy, dicey and hairy but I assumed thats what the cave is for...

So don't leave us hanging what kind of rig and guitar are you using on this track. the tone is great. the lead parts though, I would like to hear them a bit brighter and a tab bit louder. Nice work on the bridge too.
Overall I think this is good work.

So don't leave us hanging what kind of rig and guitar are you using on this track. the tone is great. the lead parts though, I would like to hear them a bit brighter and a tab bit louder. Nice work on the bridge too.
Overall I think this is good work.

On page 3 of this thread, here's a quote from Greg himself on the guitar sounds (scroll down to post #22 for pics....):

Guitar - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro Goldtop
Amp - Marshall JCM 900 2100 MkIII modded by Voodoo Amps
Left rhythm and leads - Marshall 4x12 1960a w/ Celestion G12T-75's.
Right rhythm and clean gtr in the breakdown - Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Vintage 30's.
One SM57 center off-axis on both cabs.
Just one rhythm track on each side and leads and the little clean guitar just off center.

He's helped me with mic'ing my amp up, so gonna bump this to try to keep it alive until he gets back....

Great job Greg (as usual), the guitars sound great to my ears man, along with everything else in the song. No nits from me really, other than the bass may need just a bump in volume, but that's being picky......Super job on the guitar sounds too, & like anything else, you'll get better at it with time (not saying anything's wrong with this, just sayin'....)....

Is that an Ace Frehley trick/lick I hear at about 2:18 with the pickup selector???? Oh yeah, one more thing, I know you don't like hair metal, but the into lead thing has an Iron Maiden sound/feel to it dude, all that stuff in the toan thread has rubbed off on ya.....:)

Again, great job all 'round on this, but really, I don't expect anything less from you....
Thanks for listening. Yeah, that's the Ace pickup selector switch trick. I'm surprised someone caught it.

Page 6? You've heard pretty much everything about the tune by now except this:

You're trapped inside genre. Break out.

The second verse is a repeat of the first, but the third verse actually goes somewhere. You could ditch the second verse, pull the third verse into the position of the second, and then go from there. If it was me, I'd write a new and better third verse. :cool:

Okay, I relent. You've heard this before probably - that tempo shift is inspired. I aspire to stuff like that. I haven't come close so far, but if I continue to listen to this a few times more, I just might internalise it.

No mix comments, aside from the fact that it's merely faultless. That's not praise necessarily. :cool: It just means you've attained the genre. That, and bring the vocal up a decibel.
Thanks for listening. I'm trapped? Break out of what? Should I go country or jazz? No thanks. I'll just stick to what I like. I'm not trying to re-invent the wheel. I just do what I do. :)

Finally DLd this at home. Loved the energy. Great playing. Things sounded awesome.

The only things I suggest would be to raise the lead vocal and lead guitar just a hair.

Someone said something like the guitar tone on this one has a little stronger low-mid section (something like that). I agree. Can't decide which one I like better. Which probably they're both equally good.

More verb on this than I'm used from you. Or is that just because there are a couple of stops in the middle so I can hear it easier?
Thanks TripM. No more reverb than usual. Like you said, you can probably just hear it better since there are some stops.

That's pretty awesome, teh Gerg. :(

Thanks Sam.

And thanks everyone for keeping it going while I was banned. If you wanna know the story behind it, just PM me. I served my time and I'm happy to be back.

Back