I just want my own band!!!!!!

Blues isn't too bad. Well "Deh-DEHdeh deh DEH" blues it shit, and bog standard 12 bar is a little irritating. Led Zep did really good blues, JJ Cale did some cool stuff too. On the whole Blues is a lot better than "worship music" and free Jazz.

Depends on what you mean by "worship music." from a Christian artist's standpoint, technically all the music produced by that artist is "worship." If you mean the particular genre, "Praise and Worship." I would probably have to agree with you.

I actually like free Jazz. Some of it. Used to hate jazz, but my drum teacher was a jazz artist of the highest order, and he mellowed my prejudice. :) Jazz artists are some of the most talented musicians out there. Hands down. No contest.

Depends on what you mean by "worship music." from a Christian artist's standpoint, technically all the music produced by that artist is "worship." If you mean the particular genre, "Praise and Worship." I would probably have to agree with you.

If one understands the intent of "Praise and Worship", it is not meant to be be listened to, it is meant for participation. By its nature it has to stay pretty simple.

If one understands the intent of "Praise and Worship", it is not meant to be be listened to, it is meant for participation. By its nature it has to stay pretty simple.

True. Maybe. Most "Praise and Worship" music I hear nowadays is devoid of any art or purpose. Rather, it becomes an empty ritual, a repetitive monotony with no depth or meaning. To explain further would probably violate the rules regarding religious discussion, so I'll just leave it at that.

No wonder the devil has all the good music.

Bubba! Props on the gratuitous Larry Norman drop. :)

The problem with recorded praise music is that the moment of its capture is no longer there. As with any live recording, being at the concert that was recorded is much better than hearing it from your recliner...and most Praise & Worship genre music is recorded live.

The one that gets me is the 5 word or less genre. I have a recording of a song that's over 6 minutes long and the lyrics are literally one (1) word...Hallelujah.
Repeating "gonna praise Him" or whatever phrase 170000 times in a song is not what I call music.

Back