I just want my own band!!!!!!

Sounds more like a geographic rather than sign of the times dilemma...

If you lived in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Nashville etc...unless you really suck as a musician and person in general getting a band together wouldn't be to tough of a deal...

Now putting a band together anywhere that is going to take you to the top of the charts and land you in chip city....you're better off buying a lottery ticket.

Sounds more like a geographic rather than sign of the times dilemma...

If you lived in Austin, New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, Nashville etc...unless you really suck as a musician and person in general getting a band together wouldn't be to tough of a deal...

Now putting a band together anywhere that is going to take you to the top of the charts and land you in chip city....you're better off buying a lottery ticket.

There's alotta musician wannabe's around me. Very few actually show any promise. I've only met one (within my age range) that I actually considered really good. Yeah, the Mid Michigan area is nothing like one of those large cities you mentioned.

---------- Update ----------

We're all farm boys and gangster wannabe's.

Blues isn't too bad. Well "Deh-DEHdeh deh DEH" blues it shit, and bog standard 12 bar is a little irritating. Led Zep did really good blues, JJ Cale did some cool stuff too. On the whole Blues is a lot better than "worship music" and free Jazz.

Blues isn't too bad. Well "Deh-DEHdeh deh DEH" blues it shit, and bog standard 12 bar is a little irritating. Led Zep did really good blues, JJ Cale did some cool stuff too. On the whole Blues is a lot better than "worship music" and free Jazz.

In my opinion, it doesn't get any better than what Benny Goodmans band laid down in the 1930s and 1940s. Those cats were musicians of the highest order. You listen to one o'clock jump or bugle call rag and realize what passes for musicianship now days is a joke in comparison (myself included)

Back