• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
faderbug said:
well ... he did some recordings in the fifties with a pick-up rigged in the soundhole of his accoustic. you could say he'd gotten halfway serieus about his playing!!!

:D ;) ;) :D

...Actually, he did end up getting some sort of Gibson electric at some point, didn't he?

At the moment I have:
Melissa, my gorgeous and horrible-sounding Ovation Celebrity (2001 Limited Edition)
Cherry, my faithful-to-the-end Epiphone Del Rey, with a broken neck (anger issues)
Crappy Squier Bullet Special that I bought just for fun, currently missing electronics and most of the body.
Squier mini-strat that I need to give back, I borrowed it for a trip.
Saga (gross) PRS copy kit guitar, on semipermanent loan to someone, with PRS pickups.
Teisco bass, burnt to a crisp.
And my main thing, since it's whole and has good pickups: Haruko, a Schecter beauty.

timboZ said:
I have more guitars than chords I can play. :eek: :eek:
Hey...that is better than having more strings on one guitar, than chords you can play......unless of course you only have one guitar.... :eek: :D

Update from 4-27-05

Samick electric
Samick accoustic...gone
Ibanez electric....gone
Tradition electric
old,old,Harmony hollowbody electric
Regal resonator
Washburn bass electric...gone
A strange battery/ac self-amplified Washburn Lyon....gone

Added...

LTD Viper400 Electric
Crafter Acoustic
Re-purchased my old Spector Bass
An unnamed Japanese Electric Bass
Lap Steel

So now the Harem looks like this...

Samick electric
Tradition electric
LTD Viper400 Electric
Harmony hollowbody electric
Regal resonator
Crafter Acoustic
Lap Steel
Spector Bass
Japanese Electric Bass

update.

zacanger said:
At the moment I have:
Melissa, my gorgeous and horrible-sounding Ovation Celebrity (2001 Limited Edition)
Cherry, my faithful-to-the-end Epiphone Del Rey, with a broken neck (anger issues)
Crappy Squier Bullet Special that I bought just for fun, currently missing electronics and most of the body.
Squier mini-strat that I need to give back, I borrowed it for a trip.
Saga (gross) PRS copy kit guitar, on semipermanent loan to someone, with PRS pickups.
Teisco bass, burnt to a crisp.
And my main thing, since it's whole and has good pickups: Haruko, a Schecter beauty.

Cutting out all the ones that don't work:
Naota, Squier mini-strat borrowed when I went to Hungary... I never gave it back.
Melissa, 2001 Limited Edition Ovation Celebrity (gorgeous, but sounds horrible.
Saga kit guitar with PRS pickups -- finally got it back.
Dean Edge bass, something cheap so I can stop borrowing from other people.
Haruko, when I can borrow her... some Schecter of some sort.

You know,,,there's alot of people having trouble playing ONE guitar. I think they feel buying more guitars will make them practice more, but, It don't work that way. Whatever happened to the "Drive and Desire"? Remember that song by Max Webster? Those guys played with Rush; the last I heard the lead singer had a nervous breakdown on tour. If I had the opportunity to Open for Rush...Would have died at that moment!! Geddy was a good student! LOL, Dave :eek: :D :D

Some of you guys have more than my local guitar shop!

Here's what lil ol me got:

Ernie Ball Music Man Petrucci sig 7 string
Ibanez Jem7BRMR
Ibanez Prestige with EMG 81-85
Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Custom/Historic '57 reissue

ERach one has it's place, right now I'm GASin for an 8 string LGM Leviathon...

Just three :( But I'm still young, right?

Fender American Strat.
La Patrie Presentation Classical.
Artisan Lapsteel.

My brother has the following, which are in the house:

Fender Highway 1 Tele.
Martin D15.
Tenor Banjo.

I have seven guitars and basses:

2 cheap Yamaha acoustics: one steel string, one nylon string
4 electrics: early 60s Gibson Melody Maker, Ibanez Strat, Lotus Les Paul, Sears? Les Paul
1 electric bass: Gibson Ripper

Also an ironwood Chapman Stick. Not sure where it fits in.

Also a cheap banjo from Montgomery Wards (got it nearly 40 years ago) and a mandolin like thing from Tahiti.

Cheers,

Otto

Since this is bumped allready...

3 cheapo gits, 2 Ibanez one BC rich.
4 basses, cheapos, except the Tak acoustic bass.

Still after one "Good and Expensive" of both.. :D

One standard American tele
One Mexican strat
One Epiphone Dot Studio
One Alvarez Artist acoustic-electric
One Crate P-bass knockoff
and my pride and joy...a 1964 Epiphone Frontier. Makes a Martin sound like a ukelele.
The list of guitars I've SOLD is much longer...

Slowrider said:
You know,,,there's alot of people having trouble playing ONE guitar. I think they feel buying more guitars will make them practice more, but, It don't work that way. Whatever happened to the "Drive and Desire"? Remember that song by Max Webster? Those guys played with Rush; the last I heard the lead singer had a nervous breakdown on tour. If I had the opportunity to Open for Rush...Would have died at that moment!! Geddy was a good student! LOL, Dave :eek: :D :D
Dude - Rush rocks, but your avatar sucks - that guy's face makes me mad, :-)mad: ) which makes me not want to read your posts. Since you are a Rush fan, as am I, that's not good. There's far too few of us around for us to be at odds, but that face...You should look into a new one...

By the way, if Geddy was YOUR student, then why'd he feel the need afterwards to take lessons from me????
( :D ) They were the first band I was able to sit and learn on my own after being taught how to do that for a year - my sister gave me all their early albums up to Signals...

Last edited:
I recently added a Fender FotoFlame Telecaster to my list. I am not sure of the year.

I love it. I have named it 'Casanova'... :D

I'm looking to add a Tibetan Lute to the collection. :eek:

So now the Harem looks like this...

Fender FotoFlame Telecaster
Samick electric
Tradition electric
LTD Viper400 Electric
Harmony hollowbody electric
Regal resonator
Crafter Acoustic
Lap Steel
Spector Bass
Japanese Electric Bass

Slowrider said:
You know,,,there's alot of people having trouble playing ONE guitar. I think they feel buying more guitars will make them practice more, but, It don't work that way. Whatever happened to the "Drive and Desire"?

It's a sickness !!!!..?> :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

I forget how many I was at, when I originally voted, but my collection has hit 15, with the recent addition of a Fender Bass VI. I'll go through the collection again, so y'all don't have to click/scroll to find my other replies.

01) Squier Affinity P-bass
02) Squier Fat Telecaster
03) Ibanez Artcore AG75TBS
04) Johnson JG-622-E (acoustic/electric bass)
05) Squier Bullet Special
06) Fender Standard Telecaster
07) Ibanez JTK2 Jet King
08) Fender So Cal Speed Shop Strat
09) Epiphone PR100 (acoustic 6)
10) Epiphone PR350-12E (acoustic/electric 12)
11) Fender Standard Precision Bass
12) Epiphone Les Paul Jr. 90
13) Fender Standard Stratocaster
14) Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway
15) Fender Bass VI

At one point last year, I'd thought about selling the 3 Squier and 2 Ibanez Guitars, until I was at a guitar store trying out tube combo amps, and the store (where I'd bought both Ibanez guitars) had the same models that I have at home, so I played both through a Peavey ValveKing 112, then a Peavey Classic 50/410 (and decided the Classic 50/410 is just right, for me), and realized there ain't a damned thing wrong with my Ibanez guitars, except that I hadn't played 'em in a while. I've also looked into Lindy Fralin pickups, originally to see what Stratocaster choices he has, and discovered his Unbucker humbucking pickups, which I've decided will be a perfect upgrade for my Ibanez Jet King.

Truthfully, the only thing really missing in my tone quest is an all tube combo amp, and a higher wattage bass combo than my Vox T25. For mainly being an at home hobbyist, at this time, I do pretty good with either my Line6 Guitar POD 2.0 or Peavey TransTube 258 EFX combo to play through. The only two guitars I'm still looking to add to my collection, and really really want, are a lap steel and a Fender Stratocaster XII. Anything I buy, beyond those two, will truly fall under G.A.S., but I can still see myself adding a Fender Jaguar Bass (Hot Rod Red w/color matched head stock) and an Epiphone EB3 SG Bass to my collection. Otherwise, I'm pretty much set, as to nitpicking which guitar/effect/amp combination will yield just the right tones that I'm looking for, for any given original song.

Matt

I'm probably up to 20 guitars by now, but I've lost count.

I will say that the Squier Bullet was the best $89 I've ever spent on a guitar! The funny part is that the hard case @$79 cost almost as much as the guitar, itself!

I've kept the Squier Bullet out and accessible since purchase, while having put my "finer" instruments (mostly Ibanez's) away in their cases. My instruments would always get "incidental" dings and damage from sitting around the house. I wish I had a dollar for every time something fell off my desk and hit my guitar!

Anyway, with the Squier Bullet @$89, if something falls and puts a ding in it, (or if the baby whacks it with her rattle), I don't cry too badly over it! If it was my '82 Blazer, '84 Roadstar-II or 2001 (Danelectro) Innuendo-12 that gets a ding, you know I'd freak! :eek: ;)

I can honestly say that I can't trade or sell any of my three electrics now. They are part of me. I did have six for a while, but the others weren't special and I felt bad for them just sitting there neglected. I also wanted other stuff more. Now I have achieved equipment Zen.

A Reel Person said:
Anyway, with the Squier Bullet @$89, if something falls and puts a ding in it, (or if the baby whacks it with her rattle), I don't cry too badly over it! If it was my '82 Blazer, '84 Roadstar-II or 2001 (Danelectro) Innuendo-12 that gets a ding, you know I'd freak! :eek: ;)
My Fender Bass VI already had some body dings, since it was a used one (1995-1996 production), so I probably wouldn't notice anything I might do to it, unless it was something significant. My Squier P-bass and Fat Telecaster have a couple of drop dings, from having the straps come off while I had 'em slung across my back. Eventually I'll be looking to upgrade to strap locks, but with my collection currently at 15, whatever brand I end up buying is going to be fairly happy with me. :p

Matt

Back