• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I got 1 no-name acoustic guitar,
3 electric guitars; (Hamer, Fender, No-name $40 guitar..lol)
4 Bass Guitars; (Squire, Ibanez 6-string, Ernieball Stingray, no-name)

Louddog said:
My guitars, some are 30 years old, some are less than 6 months.

I am so jealous - that you can display them like that! The only guitar I dare do that with right now is my mashed up Guild F30, since there ain't nothin' a kid can do to it that it hasn't seen before. My Les Paul Custom, Guild JF30, and two classicals are stashed under respective beds and closets between here and Delaware.

guitars

1983 black les paul custom, 2001 epiphone les paul deluxe, univox les paul, sx les paul, sx les paul junior, 57 ri strat, martin e-18, no name les paul, bc rich bich,hagstrom futurama,2 kents, j turser resonator, appaluse acoustic, sx pj bass , kort p bass, no name acoustic, squier strat,no name bass, probably a few more hiding in the corners or under the bed

Fender acoustic
Fender 40th Annv. Stratocaster
Squier Affinity Strat (red, now set up w/ high action for slide)
Squier Affinity Strat (blue, now w/ scorcher rails HB pickup in bridge pos.)
Squier Standard Telecaster (black & chrome)
DeArmond Jetstar Special
Danelectro Innuedo
Ibanez GAX70
Oscar Schmidt Delta King
Epiphone LP Jr. Special
Brownsville IS300

Fender Precision Bass Lyte
Squier Precison Bass Special (5-string)
Ibanez TRB-50

It seems like a lot at first, but I got all but 2 of these for under $200, some for under $100. My dad has around 35 guitars now, they're all USA Fenders and Gibsons (I think there's a USA Hamer in there too).

I know that all but the 40th Annv. Strat are cheap-Os, but they work well enough for me. I've set the action and intonation on all of them so they play really nicely, I've filed down any sharp fret edges so you don't get that It's-A-Cheap-Guitar snag on the neck. I've found that with tube amp and they way I play these things all sound good to me when plugged in.

i have a like 2 that were my moms and my aunts that r like antique(cant spell that word) and there acoustic and i have another acoustic thats worth playing and then i have a squire bullet my fist electric and now i have a squire stratocaster, squires r cheap but my strat is very comfortable to play but it only has 21 frets i would buy a new one but im buying a recorder

Seven guitars...

a crappy Squire Strat
an old Ibanez acoustic
an Ibanez bass of some sort (used only for recording...I'm no bassist...)
an ESP Ltd m-150 (don't know what I was thinking there...)
an Ibanez Jet King
an Epiphone Les Paul standard
and my personal favorite, an American Standard 60th anniversary Fender Stratocaster. That was an anniversary gift from my wife...the pickups in that thing are just insanely good.

Just 10 (lefties)

Martin 00CXAE
2 Am Dlx Strats
MIJ Strat
Am Std Tele
MIM Tele
Agile PS-900
Agile AL-2500 12 String
RavenWest 590-T
Dean V-XL

:D

One thing for sure, if I had any more; I would just admire them, and not actually pick them up. Gettin' old...brain can't process TOO much information at once. Lately, I've been playing the Fender 12 str. more than my basses; something just don't seem right. I used to know a collector with 32 basses, but he quit playing. Guess his brain shut down also!

Heartfield Talon (Primary)
ESP MII
Peavey Vandeberg (Still as great as the day it was purchased)
Peavey Nitro III
Charvel thin body acoustic electric

ESP Viper Deluxe
Fender Deluxe Tele
Fender Strat
Gibson SG

I used to have other various guitar that I've sold or traded in.

EDIT: I also own a Yamaha FGX-04 LTD which is amazing.

I've got 4 electrics:

• :p 66' Fender Jazzmaster
  • :cool: 05' Fender American Strat HH
  • :cool: 05' Fender American Ash Tele
  • ;) 00' Epiphone Les Paul Flame Top

And 2 Acuostics

• :D Yamaha 12 String - I've had it for 24 years now, still opens new creative doors for me when needed.
  • :o Ovation Applause

I have

fender american standard strat
fender american standard strat
classic les paul
takamine acoustic
1967 335 i bought from an old man for $225- he was a luthier and had an extensive collection, I was the young kid bugging him everyday until I moved away. I'll never forget him. He used to have me go get a different vintage guitar from his collection to play while he would tell me its history. I think he liked me because I was just a kid but admired him and his lifes work so much.

Late 80's American Standard Strat
Late 80's American Standard Tele
Mid 90's American Standard Strat
Ovation Acoustic Electric Late 80's
Takamine Classical
Takamine 12 String
Fender Mandolin
Ibanez Bass
Fender Bullet Mid 80's

Nothing Extraordinary but Love 'em all...

Wish list:
Flying V
Les Paul (Tabacco Sunburst)
Vintage Strat

Could guitar collections be like Energizer batteries...

...except instead of "they keep going, and going," it's "they keep growing and growing." Since my last post, when my collection was at 9, I've added two acoustics to my collection. Rather than force anybody to wade through all the posts, I'll instead list my current collecion, in this reply. Of course my collection will continue to grow, so I'll also list what's on my current "to buy" list, which this time shouldn't stray as badly, as in previous posts, as I've recently hit upon a definite idea of what I want to do, sound wise, with my guitars.

Current collection (* = future mods to come):

- Squier Affinity P-bass*
- Squier Standard Fat Telecaster*
- Ibanez Artcore AG75TBS
- Johnson JG-622-E acoustic/electric bass
- Squier Bullet Special*
- Fender Standard Telecaster*
- Fender So Cal Speed Shop Strat
- Ibanez JTK2 Jet King
- Fender Standard Precision Bass
- Epiphone PR100
- Epiphone PR350-12E

Unlike in a previous reply, I've decided to keep the Squier bass...upgrade the p'ups and electronics a bit, and it'll be every bit as good as the Fender. Both of my Telecasters will get Custom Shop Hot Rod bridges and control plates and Fender 4-way Telecaster switches, with the Squier to get GFS Lipsticks (a Lipstick humbucker should sound cool), and I haven't yet decided what p'ups the Fender will get. The Squier Bullet Special will get a TV Jones PowerTron, in order to bring it up to snuff with the Fender So Cal Speed Shop Strat. I can't really knock the Squier, but I found out that the Fender really comes alive when tuned to D (D, G, C, F, A, D), yet the standard E tuned Squier can't hold a candle to the standard E tuned Fender, which is how I came about getting the TV Jones PowerTron for the Squier.

Over the past year, I've really been getting into the possibilities to be had with guitar driven instrumentals, and particularly surf guitar instrumentals. While there are those that would consider a typical surf guitar to be 1 of 3 Fender models - Stratocaster, Jaguar, Jazzmaster - in my typically dare to be different thinking, which includes the two hybrid styles of surfabilly and surfadelic, I've decided that I'm going to "build" my original surf guitar sounds around another Ibanez Artcore, and more Telecasters. Thus, the guitars that are on my "to buy" list (along with proposed mods, if any)...in no particular order:

- Ibanez Artcore AFS75TDOBL [for surfabilly]
- Squier Tele Custom (baritone mods = Bigsby B5, p'ups, 28 5/8" scale neck)
- Squier Master Series Thinline Tele (12-string mods = bridge/tail piece, p'ups, neck/nut)
- Squier Tele Custom II w/P-90s (surf mods = Bigsby B5, series/parallel switching)
- Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster (surf/hot rod mods = Jaguar/Jazzmaster bridge and tail piece, Custom Shop Hot Rod control plate)
- Fender FS-52 Lap Steel [for some Hawaiian surf flavors]
- Fender Standard Jazz Bass [which I've heard is better for live playing, than the Precision Bass]
- Fender Standard Jazz Bass V [I've actually "ran out of" low notes, when jamming on my P-basses]

It may take me a bit, to collect what's in my second list, but I'll get there soon enough. Besides, I'm in a job that pays decent enough, and in the Army National Guard, and there's always tax refunds (potentially) to look forward to. With what I have in the first list, once I'm geared up for home recording, I'm not going to hold back for lack of anything from the second list. Besides, I also love hot rod rock instrumentals, so I'll have plenty of possibilities for that with my humbucker guitars. :)

Matt

Back