Good Guys List

gusfmm said:
STEVE350

Stay away from him, sold me a Kurzweil K2600, shipped via UPS, got damaged during transit, and then after several emails the best thing he could recommend was the brilliant idea of me suing UPS!!!

Man, that really sucks.

Why don't you start a sticky "Bad Guys List" with this?

A new addition?

I don't know if this guy has been nominated for the good guys list yet, but I heartily recommend Terry Kingen (goes by TKINGEN). I just bought a DMP-3 off him, and it was the smoothest transaction I have had in a long time. And that WITHOUT paypal. He was very, very good at keeping communications going (better than me anyway) and shipped exactly when he said he would. It went like clockwork. Plus the unit was in better shape than he lead on it was. I could not tell it from new. He packed it excellently as well, even UPS could not destroy it.

I can't recommend a better person to do business with.

Tom

He's already all over this thread, but more props for Hard2Hear! Bought an upgraded Epiphone Les Paul off him and it fit the description exactly, and was shipped right away. He made communication very easy, with e-mail and IM addresses.

Wow...this guitar owns! Exactly the tone I was looking for.

This is a while, but I bought 2 oktava's MC012 from Big Kenny, he does what he has to do (nice wrapping, nice everything!), does it quickly, and with honor.

A very good person to deal with!

My transaction with Big Kenny went without a hitch. Looks like he has a very well deserved reputation around these parts. Hope we can do it again sometime!

tkingen

First my complaint...I don't think buyers should have been included....
Since 99.9% of us don't ship before receiving payment, there is actually no risk involved, as far as not receiving payment or receiving a bad item. A good buyer can be a horrible, unreliable seller.

Now the part you guys should or at least might love me for :D.....
Quite awhile back, I got tired of continually coming back to the list, so I started keeping an on going list. I just basically copied'saved the names. They are both buyer & sellers included, so you'll have to do your own research to separate the two....but it's a good personal quick reference for me. So, I thought I'd paste it for you. :D Names are that are listed several time means they have serveral references :rolleyes:
NOTE: Sadly, my name is not on the list, but I am one of the good guys & I am very willing to go out on a limb & vouch for me! :D :D
Check out the next post...

Good Guys Quick Reference List

JR#97...Dolemite...CyanJaguar...NL5...Purge...Whyte Ice...
Jamal Buchet...ausrock...Hard2Hear...ChristopherDawn...
CJWalker...Sixtoo...Randy...Hard2Hear...Fmahoganyrush ...
H20skiphil...RickW...Rimshot...Alan Hyatt...Brent Casey...
CJWalker...CJWalker...dtb...Hard2Hear...Tubedude...Flatpicker...Rubo...
NL5...BGAVIN...Scriabin...Ozraves...freshmattyp...D.Parting...formerlyfzfile...
fucanay...Cacophonix...Rhythmschism...Alex Herd...
Analytical Man...Chessparov ,,,Fenderlikingood...Fab4ever...Scriabin...
Voxvendor...Whyte Ice...chessparov...CJWalker...DEEPWATER...WARHEAD...
madaudio...warrenthompson...Chessrock...Sklathill...Richard Monroe...
Colorado Jay...Colorado Jay...Lunatic...8thstreetmusic.com...Chessparov...
Giganova...Jburn34...Freshmattyp...Lunatic...TubeDude...AnalyticalMan...
Track Rat...Track Rat...DDev...CJWalker...Purge...That_Abbot...Warhead ...
Tubedude...ch2os7...Sklathill...Birch2929...Lunatic...Harvey Gerst...AlexHerd..
MaskedMan72...Teacher...kuzinrob...AlexHerd...Bob Windsor...Deepwater...
birch2929...rdozz...ANGUSDEVIL...birch2929...Buck62...aznwonderboy...
Harvey Gerst...bwindsor...Harvey Gerst...Buck62...twonky...thatupstateguy...
BDGR...mshilarious...deepwater...mshilarious...Fab4ever...brich2929...
Rickv...Deepwater...bwindsor...photoresistor...Richard Monroe...Toy Room...
bbaysdon...bodhisan...ljmax...musicguru111...Solafide...Wire...ColoradoJay...
Big Kenny...coloradojay...Toy Room...Buck62...deepwater...Musical5...Gvarko
Hard2Hear...Big Kenny...Fab4Ever...Angusdevil ...Buck62...bbaysdon...
theodd...Hard2Hear...theodd...Buck62...theodd...Buck62...STEVE350...
Fab4Ever...JonBriggs...ToyRoom...Edyer...tmix...TKINGEN...Numero Uno...
Hard2Hear...tkingen...Big Kenny...Zbert...Big Kenny...

This list stops with the post#169 by TKINGEN on 04/29/05

stratosaurus said:
First my complaint...I don't think buyers should have been included....
Since 99.9% of us don't ship before receiving payment, there is actually no risk involved, as far as not receiving payment or receiving a bad item. A good buyer can be a horrible, unreliable seller.

I understand what you are saying. The reason that I vouched for a buyer was because I tend to work a transaction a little differently. IMHO, seller and buyer are assuming equal risk, as we recently experienced in the recent past. It doesn't seem right to me that one side should assume all or most of the risk.
I don't have a paypal account and don't plan to open one, so I ask the buyer to send a money order via certified mail and email me with the tracking number. Once the tracking number has been confirmed at usps.com I ship via UPS from where I work (we have a UPS contract.)
So far this has worked great and my buyers have been happy. I usually receive payment and the buyer gets his goods at about the same time. There is still some risk involved, but I'm always straight up on my end!

Terry

Phyl ... I recently let Phyl take two mics home to see if he wanted either or both of them. He only took about 2 days to contact me regarding his decision. About 2 days after that I had a payment in my hand. Extremely smooth transaction with what I consider to be way above average actions on Phyl's part by not dragiing it out over a couple of weeks (which was what I was expecting anyways).

oh,
i remember that i bought a bunch of insert cables and a snake from TOY ROOM STUDIOS (the guy thats selling an uad-1 now),
wasn't discussed via this forum i think, but we met here ...
all was fine, friendly, good communication,
thumbs up for him

Harvey Gerst said:
Add rdozz to the good guys list. I just bought the MXL V69 he had advertised here and the sale went smooth as silk. The packing job was way over the top; nothing could have damaged the mic in transit!!!

I'll second that. I picked up an SM81 from him. Excellent transaction. Wonderful price. Great communication, throughout. Packaging was insanely good. You would have thought he was shipping a Faberge egg in that box. Really. :)

Back