Good films?

Watched 21 Grams again the other nght on netflix. Slow movie, but it keeps you involved. I like how they tell the story in pieces all broken up like that.

I think I'm gonna watch Scream (the original) tonight. The newest movie in that line made me realize I've never seen any of them :laughings:

Watched a 18 year old movie last night *The Gift* Perry from Jane's addiction it was sh!t but will undoubtedly become a cult classic.

Watched 21 Grams again the other nght on netflix. Slow movie, but it keeps you involved. I like how they tell the story in pieces all broken up like that.

The director uses the same chopped up story technique in Amores Perros and Babel too. I think they're loosely intended as a trilogy (no continuity in characters or storylines, just in themes and style).

Amores Perros is particularly good I reckon.

yeah I saw Amores before 21 grams so it felt a bit samesy...

going to watch the Horde tonight...french film...cops, gangsters, zombies...sounds promising

Hafta watch Vanishing Point again soon, the original, not seen the remake and no desire to.

Have ya noticed that in remakes they seem to feel the protagonist has to have a motive. I read a synopsis of the VP remake, Kawolski's wife is dying or something, so he does the run for that in some way, but he has a reason. In the original there is no reason for Kawolski doing what he does, just a bet to pay for the drugs he needs to do the run. The original is a great film, one non-stop car chase from beginning to end.

Hafta watch Vanishing Point again soon, the original, not seen the remake and no desire to.

Have ya noticed that in remakes they seem to feel the protagonist has to have a motive. I read a synopsis of the VP remake, Kawolski's wife is dying or something, so he does the run for that in some way, but he has a reason. In the original there is no reason for Kawolski doing what he does, just a bet to pay for the drugs he needs to do the run. The original is a great film, one non-stop car chase from beginning to end.

that is a great film - i can't believe they remade it.

They remade Death Race 2000 and Rollerball. Neither of which needed to be remade. We won't mention the Time Machine or War of the Worlds.

.....20,000 Leagues, etc, etc.. :)

Had no idea they'd made Vanishing Point, but certainly won't be watching it. And giving him a motive too??? What's the fackin point in that - the original's a classic (good album by same name from Primal Scream too)

Not much on at the cinema currently, but saw Outside the Law at the weekend - good film about three brothers in the Algerian struggle for independence. A little too long, but good storyline, evenly balanced and the three leads are excellent.

how much did the green hornet cost to make? holy fuck what a waste :rolleyes:

wifes turn to pick the film this week so Ive convinced her Bride Maids...she always goes for some Hollywood schlock, I can generally get her to pick a horror but this will do I hope, I find funny chicks sexy and there should be a couple of laughs

will report back as I know everyones excited by this one lol

I saw Thor, and Priest last week.
Priest was good in a Book of Eli way.
Thor was awesome.
Marvel has another 3 blockbusters lined up for this year: Green Lantern, X-Men, and Captain America.
I'm not really a Marvel guy, but these seem solid.

... I won't be watching the new transformers. I only saw the first one and thought it was just ok. linkin park keeps me away.
although... for some reason... I do enjoy their first two albums more than I feel comfortable admitting :( :o

Back