Good films?

Im on it, ordered on netflix

I like both the main actors.....

I just watched peep show series 7, great British comedy

I love Peep Show but the thing that bothers me about it is that it seems to be over before it's finished. I watched series 7 on 4OD each week, and it got to week 7, and I was like "where's Peep...oh yeah...6 episodes". Guess that's how it is for all our sitcoms. I'm waiting for the next season of That Mitchell & Webb look. I liked how at the end of season 4, they got the 'poppyfield ending' they were talking about in that conversation they had about blackadder goes forth earlier in the season.

I love Peep Show but the thing that bothers me about it is that it seems to be over before it's finished. I watched series 7 on 4OD each week, and it got to week 7, and I was like "where's Peep...oh yeah...6 episodes". Guess that's how it is for all our sitcoms. I'm waiting for the next season of That Mitchell & Webb look. I liked how at the end of season 4, they got the 'poppyfield ending' they were talking about in that conversation they had about blackadder goes forth earlier in the season.

Ive only seen up to season three...its probably the best sketch show out of the UK since Bigtrain..theyre really pretty good at their craft, its probably better than peep show for lolz

I know what you mean by short...I watched all six episodes in a couple of hours, because theyre on channel four and accommodate adverts theyre only 23 mins long...still I like watching them in a whole bunch as you get into the characters more...though I missed big suze a bit in series 7 ;)

peep_show.jpg

I think one of my favourite episode is when Johnson asks Mark to put a presentation together to explain why merging these 2 departments together is a good idea. He ends up swearing at everyone then running off to hide in a bush.

"That sounds interesting. I'll tell you what, why don't I take that, 'cause I'm going to the loo in a minute...and i can have a look at it, and then i can WIPE MY FUCKING ARSE ON IT!...You dick-pull!"

I watched "24 hour party people" again last night....man I love that movie, Coogan does a great Tony Wilson, and what a fantastic time for music, I remember half my mates moved to Manchester during the hacienda period..I also remember being handed a cassette of a band called Warsaw in the late 70's... what a band they turned out to be

This and That Damned United are my two favourite modern Brit flicks...fuck all that Guy Ritchie garbage

I watched 24 Hour Party People again recently (and Control shortly before), always forget how much I love that film.

You into any of the Shane Meadows films man? Dead Man's Shoes and This Is England are just some of the best Brit films of recent years for mine.

seen them both..yup a bit gritty but I enjoyed them

Control is pretty good, its a shame his wife has so much input into the film but its still good. I watched it alongside a Joy Division documentary which helped flesh the movie out

I just watched "Gangs of New York" last nite and thought of this thread. :D

Good flick. A bit bloody at times. It has this dude Anteater.jpg (not the furry one ;) )
It wasn't what I thought it would be when I first started watching but drew me in.
Good flick.

it made me read up on gangs there around that time and it was a mad place...surprising how accurate the movie probably was in many respects

Daniel Day Lewis is brilliant in it...he always is...

You should hunt out There Will Be Blood, excellent as well

Machete. Great film. Hilarious, stuipid fun.

I just picked up 'The Road' for cheap today. I've heard good things about it. And I like all that gloomy post-apocalyptic type stuff. Shall watch later.

just googled it and found a trailer.
Struck me as funny that where i said why it was rated "R" was for "some violence".
:)

Looks pretty good.

yeah its a slow starter but his acting in it is brilliant...and its all a bit weird and not what you'd expect by the end of it

Machete. Great film. Hilarious, stuipid fun.

I just picked up 'The Road' for cheap today. I've heard good things about it. And I like all that gloomy post-apocalyptic type stuff. Shall watch later.

Hmmm I thought Machete was pretty lame.

The Road is good though! Great acting.

24 Hour Party People was a great flick - I love all those bands.

SLC Punk is an awesome movie.

seen them both..yup a bit gritty but I enjoyed them

Yeah, gritty is good.

The book Gangs of New York is based on is a good read, though didn't realise until I'd started reading it that it was a historical account of NY gangs rather than a novel.

For anyone who liked Inception, I'd recommend Synecdoche, New York, which I reckon has a similar-ish feel to it. The plot is a kaleidoscopic headfuck, but such an enjoyable ride and Philip Seymour Hoffman is great in it.

Back